James Vick moving up to WW for his next fight

The weight isn’t what is keeping him from getting KOd it’s his bad defense. Dude is so used to just being that much taller that he was simply just leaning back with his hands down from his face. Chin pointing straight up in the air, so when he fights guys with even subpar distance control and boxing skill he gets slept. At WW it will probably be worse.
I mean, we all have dreams.

Can't see it making much difference. He needs to move camps somewhere that makes the most of his tools and improves his defence but he's happy sitting around with scumbag Lloyd Irvin's camp of what appear to be Yes Men. Which is fine by me coz I love seeing him lose.

EnviousWeightyHairstreakbutterfly-small.gif

You don't think that if he beat JG he'd be close to a title shot? lol

So the couch watching professionals were right all along!

You don't think that if he beat JG he'd be close to a title shot? lol

Absolutely not, because Gaethje was 1-2 in the UFC and Vick's best win would have been someone like Massaranduro. He wasn't even close.

I dont think it will help at all. He has a glassjaw and the punches are going to hit harder at a higher weightclass. It is time to call it quits.

The animosity towards this guy is horrible. Rockhold i understand but i still don't like it, but Vick trys to hype a fight 3 fights ago you armchair critics still hold it against him?

Vicky will be cut after his next two fights.

Give him Fighter Kevin Lee first.

I think he is limited in his skills. I mean, he's in the UFC and we're talking about him tucking his chin. That stuff comes up pretty early in the gym.

Common knowledge he cuts a huge amount of weight. That along with being a "fringe player" can't help his case.

It's a good call.

Absolutely not, because Gaethje was 1-2 in the UFC and Vick's best win would have been someone like Massaranduro. He wasn't even close.

Gaethje was still ranked 7th overall at the time. An impressive win over Gaethje puts Vick up to at least 7, possibly higher (you don't just swap spots with the guy you beat, you can jump higher). So if he lands at 5 or 6, he's one or two fights away from a potential title shot.

Now just a few months prior, Ferguson drops out of a title fight with an injury and the best replacement they can get is Iaquinta who isn't even in the top 10.

So to say if he beat JG he'd be no where close to a title shot is just moronic and shows a complete lack of understanding of the sport.

The animosity towards this guy is horrible. Rockhold i understand but i still don't like it, but Vick trys to hype a fight 3 fights ago you armchair critics still hold it against him?

Hello Vick

Agree to disagree I guess. I just don't see a reason not to consider it considering every brain function suffers greatly while dehydrated. Why would ability to sustain concussive force be any different? We've seen a collection of guys lately who were cutting huge weight decide to cut less and perform better across the board. I'm not talking about guys who moved up to be a small guy in the division, but like Rumble at WW type shit where you look like an alien making weight. Obviously it's a person by person basis, where some guys handle a huge cut better, or handle going up in weight better. So it may not work for vick here either cause yeah the guy is like watching a coat rack in an earthquake trying to dodge punches. But man does he look just plain not healthy when he weight in at 6'3" 155 lbs =/
Oh don't get me wrong. It's definitely a thing. I'm not denying or doubting. For sure it makes a difference and you can consider it.

I'm just saying nobody can quantify the extent it would make a difference. But it gets thrown around like "oh don't worry, he will be more hydrated so he'll be able to take the shots and not get his lights shut out"....

Maybe.... Maybe not. That's something we'll only be able to tell over time, after a number of cases/examples. And even then it's still inconclusive. People can be inclined to think so, but no actual proof that this was the difference and not the previous shots conecting better and other factors.

Just wanted to clarify that because maybe I didn't express myself that well. But it's fine if you don't agree.

Last edited:
Ok Homer Simpson of mma. You wrote your own career death warrant when you said that shit to THE SHIT Justin Gaethje. Get your 6 foot 3 scrawny ass knocked out again please. Hope James Junior learns humility, but not from you.

Vick eats his shit whole. Get it right. This is America.

So to say if he beat JG he'd be no where close to a title shot is just moronic and shows a complete lack of understanding of the sport.

If you understood the sport that well, you'd realize that going 1-3, Gaethje would have lost all his value, just like when a win over Melendez used to be huge, until he lost so much in a row that nobody considered it that great anymore. I'm convinced that losing to a random guy like Vick, Gaethje would have fell deep into the "never that good" realm in the eyes of most fans.

I think it should be a number 1 contenders match... the loser gets a title shot (in pfl, titanfc, ksw, kotc, rizin, etc)

Back