Movies James Franco to play Fidel Castro

It’s a stupid swap. He does look legitimately exactly the same as Castro though which is weird

I thought Franco was already cancelled. So now he's getting doubled cancelled.... Tough times, tough times...

<mma4>

John, why have you played Italian in multiple movies when you are not Italian? Luigi? Vinnie? Tybalt Capulet?

and who cares if shithead Castro is done justice anyway? He deserves to have Tommy Wiseau play him

You think about me a lot.

It’s Friday night. Instead of obsessing about race, go have some fun, man.

You dudes are perpetually angry lmao.
do I? 98% of the time we just talk about video games

Castro and Franco are both Iberians, what's the problem?
Makes me think of how people consider Che being racially Hispanic when he in fact was from an Irish, German, Iberian mix; the guy was White/Caucasian

I think Idris Elba should play Castro . See how this works ?

LOL I thought there would be outrage about Franco allegedly being some kind of pervert, but someone always has to go even stupider than expected.

Franco and Castro's fathers were born like 100 miles away from each other on the Iberian peninsula.

Also, is Leguizamo angry about Oscar Issac taking work from Anglo actors?

Last edited:
You think about me a lot.

It’s Friday night. Instead of obsessing about race, go have some fun, man.

You dudes are perpetually angry lmao.
They're easily triggered.

They couldn't get Justin Trudeau?

1*89DTzg7OzvLrnc8cyAsUSw.png

Actually, the story is more complicated than that
No because he's already busy doing the Dumb and Dumber reboot

FXvrvQrUUAQN3zl

In light of the recent thread where some posters simped over the idea of race swapping white characters, James Franco is receiving backlash for being cast as Fidel Castro

Meanwhile Hollywood casts a black actress to play Queen of England Anne Boleyn and a cuban actress Ana De Armas is playing Marilyn Monroe, yet these same people say its cool because ''muh equity''

Now let us prepare for the replies explaining why race-swapping a white character to a POC is "okay" but not vice versa

I don't hink DeArmas is the best example here. De Armas' family is from Northern Spain then moved to Cuba I think, that's the fairest part of Spain (actually has the strongest pre-Latin Celtic roots), so the Cuban part doesn't really matter just like if Canelo played some Irish dude (if he got the accent down).

shows that being "cancelled" does not stop people from actually getting work

Franco is a creep and a lousy actor - having him attached to a project is not a selling point to me

as for the appearance thing - I dunno. I don't see it but I am admittedly terrible at seeing which performers match well with the appearance of historical figures. I would never have thought that de Armas would play Marilyn Monroe but when I see the promo pics, she looks spot on. I will leave those things to the casting experts. I don't have a good eye for it.

Guys only want one thing and it's to comb through the entire rank of actors with Latin roots in Hollywood to find someone with a similar facial structure to Fidel Castro by using his Galician heraldry as their focal compass through the eye of his Spanish and Portuguese genealogy

Y'all know many Latinos look white right?

Any person walking down the street can be Latino regardless of skin color and complextion latinos have been around for a few hundred years I feel people should understand this by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back