Movies James Franco to play Fidel Castro

I've got this great idea for a movie. James Franco could play Count Dankula and retell the epic story of how he embarrassed Seth Rogan via Twitter DMs

i don't like this franco person at all, but he does look a bit like castro, or can be done to look like him.

In all honesty such a sick fuck like Castro shouldn't even get a movie. John Leguizamo is a joke and has been for years. I use to really like the dude but Benny Blanco and Empire guy have long checked out and is now just a puppet. Sad stuff

Really think there's bigger issues at hand with Franco being in movies other than he's not ethic enough to play Castro. John is a bitter bitch because his career didn't end up where he felt it should have. And dude has played other races in the past so he has no room to talk. Go fund your own Castro movie or do what most people do when they don't like something, don't watch.

A white guy with a Portuguese dad playing a white guy with a Spanish dad is outrageous white washing.

<Ellaria01>

That's a young looking 5 year old

iu
Lol. It's pretty funny hearing bitch about his casting.

I see no trouble in this: Fidel Castro was of Galician parents (Northwest of Spain) and James Franco is of Portuguese heritage, which is right next to Galicia (In fact, the Galician language is pretty similar to Portuguese), so, 100% seal of approval.
BTW Franco was the name of the other infamous dictator who also happened to come from Galicia... so a guy named Franco (Galician Fascist dictator) is going to play Castro (Galician Communist dictator). All good.

Also, I'm from the Northwest of Spain too and I can confirm that JF could totally pass as one of our own, so case closed. Move on.

Last edited:
A white guy with a Portuguese dad playing a white guy with a Spanish dad is outrageous white washing.

<Ellaria01>

That's a young looking 5 year old

iu

What's even funnier is that Fidel's dad was born in a village called Láncara (I've been there btw) which is 150 Km away from the Portuguese border. It might actually be the most accurate casting for a biopic of all time.

Last edited:
Ethnicity is'nt much problem... portuguese blood actor to play a spanish blood person, it's actually much closer than Hollywood usually does lol

Would have prefered Pedro Pascal though
23905f1da56b211e3acbcae9698bc2da53dfb63d.gifv

Pedro Pascal is of Balearic and Basque descent, so it's all good too (Basque features are not always similar to the one on the majority of the northwestern population tho as is the case with Pedro; Franco would be much closer)

Looks just like him & id love to see Franco back in movies. I accept.

I mean, it would be nice if they hired somebody who speaks Spanish. I always thought BDT did a pretty damn good Che and Bernal was even better as a young Che in the Motorcycle Diaries, where nailed down the accent.

Is Franco going to pretend to speak Spanish with a bad accent?

Franco to play Castro for some reason..... I can't put my finger on it..... It's called something-washing.

Honestly I can see that working. It's acting, he doesn't actually have to be Fidel Castro to play him.

In light of the recent thread where some posters simped over the idea of race swapping white characters, James Franco is receiving backlash for being cast as Fidel Castro

Meanwhile Hollywood casts a black actress to play Queen of England Anne Boleyn and a cuban actress Ana De Armas is playing Marilyn Monroe, yet these same people say its cool because ''muh equity''

Now let us prepare for the replies explaining why race-swapping a white character to a POC is "okay" but not vice versa

Don´t forget a black woman as a viking king

Back