Movies James Franco to play Fidel Castro

Always thought of him as more of a Che Guevara type.. but I can see him pulling off Castro.. makes me wonder what role Seth Rogan will play..

jorge masvidal adding Franco to his sucker punch list.

They couldn't get Justin Trudeau?

1*89DTzg7OzvLrnc8cyAsUSw.png

Actually, the story is more complicated than that
<Fedor23>

In light of the recent thread where some posters simped over the idea of race swapping white characters, James Franco is receiving backlash for being cast as Fidel Castro

Meanwhile Hollywood casts a black actress to play Queen of England Anne Boleyn and a cuban actress Ana De Armas is playing Marilyn Monroe, yet these same people say its cool because ''muh equity''

Now let us prepare for the replies explaining why race-swapping a white character to a POC is "okay" but not vice versa

Last edited:
God damnit I’m so pissed off right now after reading this thread in the Mayberry on the subject of Variety posting an article on Twitter about how John Leguizama complained on Instagram that non Latino James Franco is playing a role in an independent film as Fidel Castro. And just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse!

Last edited by a moderator:
God damnit I’m so pissed off right now after reading this thread in the Mayberry on the subject of. Variety posting an article on Twitter about how John Leguizama complained on Instagram that non Latino James Franco is playing a role in an independent film as Fidel Castro. And just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse!
a thread was posted yesterday about random people on Facebook being upset with Cracker Barrel for using impossible meat.

You'll be ok

In light of the recent thread where some posters simped over the idea of race swapping white characters, James Franco is receiving backlash for being cast as Fidel Castro

Meanwhile Hollywood casts a black actress to play Queen of England Anne Boleyn and a cuban actress Ana De Armas is playing Marilyn Monroe, yet these same people say its cool because ''muh equity''

Now let us prepare for the replies explaining why race-swapping a white character to a POC is "okay" but not vice versa

Castro and Franco are both Iberians, what's the problem?

Back