Jake Shields Not So Classy In Loss

Exactly.

Just a bunch of Paul Harris haters doing the usual thing.

I really do imagine the world some of you live in and the type of mindfuckery that takes place on a daily basis.

Awesome man thanks for the spoiler in the thread title itself in the wrong forum.

You logged into Sherdog after an event that you didn't watch, but it's my fault? Get the fuck out of here with that lame shit.

How is this the wrong forum?

Thanks for the spoiler and wrong forum you douchebag

You need dubs

He released it right after the ref touched him. People complaining bout this?

But yea, you dont throw punches after the ref stops it cmon guy.

If you call about 8 touches right after then I guess it was right after. Also don't mention the eye gouging from Palhares in the second round or anything. Still not the classiest move from Shields but Paul Harris is still just as dirty as ever.

What goes around comes around, Jake. Sometimes much worse.

why the f*** he holds submissions longer than neccesary? its not enough for him to win but he needs to hurt people? I

I'm not even talking about the punch. The fact that he blames the loss on the eye gouging, and not the fact that Palhares beat the shit out of his mid section for a solid 90 seconds in the third round of a grueling fight, for his getting caught in an armbar off a takedown.

Is this your first time watching MMA or BJJ?

No. He did not release it right after the ref touched him. The gif is sped up. Count how many times the ref taps him before he releases the sub.

I didnt watch the fight live but it doesnt look to bad. This shit happens after every Palhares fight so i just assume everybodys over reacting. I'll go watch the fight and come back and eat crow if he really did hold on too long.

come on man don't spoil it just to make a thread and get replies, really...

Come on, man. Don't log in to an mma forum if there's MMA you want to watch still. Seriously, why are so many of you bitching about spoilers when you came here after right after a major event ended? Some people can't be saved from themselves.

People like you are the reason they had to print "caution: hot" on coffee cups.

That was a brutal fucking Kimura jesus he cranked that thing.

This. I haven't seen the fight so I can't attest to anything but the GIF (like the eye raking), but to me it looked like Shields was pissed Palhares cranked that shit farther than necessary and didn't even ease up until Steve had to force him to.

Admittedly after popping my shoulder numerous times in BJJ, watching kimuras/americanas just make me cringe super hard, but I find it unsettling that Palhares doesn't even pay attention to how much pressure he's applying when torquing limbs. Normal people even in grappling comps know when something is possibly about to break and naturally give a second to tap before cranking it, but he doesn't give a fuck. I know it's a fight, but it's still fucked up. I honestly think the guy is borderline retarded.

I want him to fight somebody like Maia or Jacare and just get his neck cranked hard as fuck.

well, go try submit a guy who is opposing. Do it. Try. Maybe then you will appreciate what it takes to catch someone with that thing.

That's a nice finish, looks kinda like the one Mir snapped Nogs arm with .

Come on, man. Don't log in to an mma forum if there's MMA you want to watch still. Seriously, why are so many of you bitching about spoilers when you came here after right after a major event ended? Some people can't be saved from themselves.

People like you are the reason they had to print "caution: hot" on coffee cups.

It might just have a little to do with the fact that it was posted in the UFC forum, not the worldwide. Why is it so hard for some of you to understand that people may want to discuss one event before watching another? It was completely the TS' fault for putting a spoiler in the subject line of the wrong forum.

You logged into Sherdog after an event that you didn't watch, but it's my fault? Get the fuck out of here with that lame shit.

How is this the wrong forum?

You posted this in the UFC forum when 2 event are playing at the same time. It is your fault and if you are too stupid to figure out why. GTFO.

WTF? Didn't see the fight but from that gif he didn't torque that arm out of the shoulder, and it was a clean let go. Give the guy a break, so to speak.

Is this your first time watching MMA or BJJ?

I'm not even talking about the punch. The fact that he blames the loss on the eye gouging, and not the fact that Palhares beat the shit out of his mid section for a solid 90 seconds in the third round of a grueling fight, for his getting caught in an armbar off a takedown.

I don't agree with Palhares putting his fingers in the eyes, or for holding that submission as he's been known to do. I don't even blame Shields for punching him in the face as soon as the ref ripped Palhares off him. But blaming a loss by kimura on having been eye gouged? Fact is Shields was tired, as Palhares was beating the fuck out of his body that whole round against the cage and on the ground. He was tired and he got sloppy when he hit that takedown.

My favorite part was the one where you only quote half the post.

But yeah, you got me. I didn't proof read. I'll say ten "Hail Shogun"s and one "Hendo, Our Father"s to repent.

My bad about the wrong forum thing. I didn't know there was a strict regulation on that. I've seen plenty of hyping about WSOF and such in the UFC forum before. Live and learn.

Back