Jake Shields Not So Classy In Loss

I see someone not letting go of a submission even though the ref like tapped Palhares like 8 times to have him finally let it go. It was the same shit that got him banned from the UFC

He held it for like an extra second. It's really not that bad. If it was anybody in mms except for Palhres nobody would even say anything about it

It was such a slick sub against a really good grappler... shame to have it overshadowed by the accusations of eye gouging and holding the sub too long.

I did find it slightly ironic that Jake was going on about his 40 fights and how he had never been gouged in the eyes. I guess he was only talking about his eyes and not how Jake spent most of the GSP fight trying to stick his fingers in GSP's eye sockets.

Anyway - I really enjoyed the fight and it was a shame that the questionable tactics take away from that

That was a brutal fucking Kimura jesus he cranked that thing.

Are you blind?

The ref had to physically grab his arm because he wasn't letting go.

I can't believe this dude is still allowed to fight. He's going to seriously hurt someone one day, more so than he has already.

I think it's possible he gets suspended by NSAC. He's bad for business, total mental patient in there.

If you watch the fight in context, the ref stops the action TWICE to tell Palhares to stop raking the eyes. He didn't eye-poke him, he literally and repeatedly raked the eyes. It was pretty gross and hard to watch.

I don't think Palhares is fit to be licensed. Whatever is going on with him psychologically, he will do anything to win. Jake got him down and dominant position at will, then he would gouge at his eyes. By the end of the second round he went back to his corner with his eyes torn up.

Shields is pretty livid, and I do not blame him.

Steve Mazzagatti had absolutely no control over that fight.

My exact thoughts. I was in a chat with people saying Fuck Mazzagatti over and over again.

You have to be kidding me. Like seriously, you have to be kidding me.

Some of you are deeply disturbed, or just incredibly slow.

Jake might feel that Palhares kept the pressure for too long, after tapping, but it is the ref who has to call it, otherwise, we could see palhares put off the cage and lose in continuation.

Anyways, Palhares tooled Shields. That is all that matters

i would love to see palhares back in the ufc just so he can finally get some more justice served to him

no one outside in his weight is good enough to beat him, but if he came back to ufc he could get ktfo again like against marquardt, which is what the man deserves for all these long holds on submissions.

with that said...the submission was a beautiful one (as are most of his) but I can't stand someone breaking a rule after they've been warned.

I didnt see the fight yet, but I didnt really see anything wrong with the gif and Im a Shields fan.

I'm not even talking about the punch. The fact that he blames the loss on the eye gouging, and not the fact that Palhares beat the shit out of his mid section for a solid 90 seconds in the third round of a grueling fight, for his getting caught in an armbar off a takedown.

I don't agree with Palhares putting his fingers in the eyes, or for holding that submission as he's been known to do. I don't even blame Shields for punching him in the face as soon as the ref ripped Palhares off him. But blaming a loss by kimura on having been eye gouged? Fact is Shields was tired, as Palhares was beating the fuck out of his body that whole round against the cage and on the ground. He was tired and he got sloppy when he hit that takedown.

If anyone can post the gif when it becomes available that'd be great.

Edit: Thanks to SheetsMMAfan for the gif:

BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.gif

Post in the right forum dbag. Some of us haven't watched it yet. You must need attention bad.

WRONG FORUM

SPOILERS

FUCK YOU TS

I HAVE THIS SHIT ON MY DVR YOU C-word

I didnt see the fight yet, but I didnt really see anything wrong with the gif and Im a Shields fan.

Exactly.

Just a bunch of Paul Harris haters doing the usual thing.

gif is running really fast.

Jake starts tapping as soon as the hold is sunk. Mazz is was smashing him to get the hold off for a significant period of time before he let go. It was blatant. Not to mention he was eye gouging Jake extremely badly the entire 2nd round and Mazz was doing his usual job of totally sucking at his job.

Bottom line is there is no possible way this fucking guy doesn't understand he's holding on extra long. It's painfully obvious, and he's a liability to the sport.

mods, if you dont punish these spoiler dudes they're just going to keep doing this shits.

Seems like it lingered for second longer but Palhares doesn't seem like he means it in a bad way. He's just really slow to comprehend sometimes, I hate to say that but it's true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back