Opinion Jake Shields is now a wanna be far right political activist

I don't like Jake (at all) but I'm not sure how forthright he has been about being racist or anti-semetic.

I know he has said ambiguous things in the past like "I'm proud of being white and my heritage" and "white lives matter" etc

But I honestly don't know if he has fully come out and said anything about white supremacy.

I honestly think Jake is just stirring the pot to get as many people to follow him as possible so he can make money.

He's literally stated he's good friends with Fuentes a few tweets down, defended him in multiple tweets and posts pics of him.

And Fuentes is well known for his white nationalist and far right views. He has a large following.

No one claimed he said that. What a ridiculous strawman.
First, I don't have a Twitter account, so access content is annoying. Second, using advanced search of his subdomain, here is the top result for Fuentes.

Looking through more posts that turned up, it's clear the issue on which he and Fuentes are aligned is Israel. He wants Trump (and all American politicians) to stop taking money from the Adelsons, he wants the influence of the pro-Israeli lobbies expunged from our government, he wants what Israel is doing in Palestine to be condemned as a war crime, and if possible to be countered with force by an international alliance. As far as race I only see crap like this:

In short, he appears to agree with everything you have said yourself on this board about Israel and Jewish lobbying. Maybe you can steer me to the part where he's platforming a Fuentes rant that calls for us to expel non-whites from the country, or calls for our country to concentrate the purity of the white race. Not promoting a border wall. Show me the part where he's fist-pumping this Fuentes character on a genuine white nationalist rant.

Or is that the difference? You agree about everything pertaining to Jews, but he's a "white nationalist" because he's white and wants to increase border security in the USA? Meanwhile you're just a good guy. Is that how this works?

So are progressive leftists. Aren't you all up in the Israel threads relentlessly whining about the Israeli lobby influences on international and American foreign policies?

You can couch it in more refined, socially acceptable discourse, but I suspect your viewpoints on all of that align. So where is the part where he's not just anti-Jew, but a full-blown Neo-Nazi? Where's the opinions authored calling for a pure white America? You realize that's what white nationalists openly proclaim is their virtuous goal, correct?
Do you want to take a crack at what you think he means by Pro-White?

The guy openly refers to himself as "pro-White". Admits as much in one of the screenshotted tweets in the OP. And we're just going to pretend like thats not "courting white nationalists"

What the hell would courting white nationalists look like to you people?

The guy openly refers to himself as "pro-White". Admits as much in one of the screenshotted tweets in the OP. And we're just going to pretend like thats not "courting white nationalists"

What the hell would courting white nationalists look like to you people?

Doesn't necessarily mean that IMO although I get what you're saying.. it just means he is in favor of white people. It doesn't necessarily mean he hates other races. He is just being a jackass and stirring the pot for all the white middle aged dudes on social media who crave to be a victim.

A friend just sent me this and I have no idea what Shields has been doing with his life since he stopped fighting. Can someone fill me in? I'm sure it's fucking ridiculous.

(Mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I had no idea where to put this. I won't have a tantrum if you move it to a better forum.)

bad2kdvcxl6d1.png
Lol, holy shit.

He literally says he's pro-White. Go look at the screenshot in the OP.

"I've simply said I'm pro-White"
You mean right before he said, "I never pretended to be in your gay ass white supremacist movement"?

It appears an example of him attempting to affirm that he isn't ashamed of supporting white interests at the same moment he is distancing himself from a white supremacist hate group. It's similar to the tweet I embedded above where he seeks to highlight the hypocrisy of the woman who accuses him of being a white supremacist when he tweeted, "I love being white" in response to her tweeting "I love being black".

Doesn't necessarily mean that IMO although I get what you're saying.. it just means he is in favor of white people. It doesn't necessarily mean he hates other races. He is just being a jackass and stirring the pot for all the white middle aged dudes on social media who crave to be a victim.

And that's exactly what most White Nationalists say. Almost no one admits to be outright racist in public.

Click the arrow to see his anti-jewish and sorta pro Hitler comments.

Okay, yikes. If he genuinely said all of those things then that's deeply disturbing. I'm guessing that gets deleted, and that's why it doesn't show up in his feed when I scroll through it now. I'm not defending any of that. That's legitimate white supremacist talking points.

1717834090f1eb3b55ea1e1e8345e767.gif

You mean right before he said, "I never pretended to be in your gay ass white supremacist movement"?

It appears an example of him attempting to affirm that he isn't ashamed of supporting white interests at the same moment he is distancing himself from a white supremacist hate group. It's similar to the tweet I embedded above where he seeks to highlight the hypocrisy of the woman who accuses him of being a white supremacist when he tweeted, "I love being white" in response to her tweeting "I love being black".

The quote in the OP says that he COURTED white nationalists, not that he was one. Though the distinction is nebulous anyway. It's the same idea as "if there are 10 people sitting at a table and one Nazi, there are 11 Nazis". And he is definitely sitting at that table.

He had nothing bad to say about "gay ass white supremacists" until they attacked him.

The thing with Jake Shields vs white supremacists is funny because it shows how the far right and the far left are basically the exact same people.

They both view politics entirely through a racial lens.

I don't know if it's the CTE or what, but he's become...

A fighter's opinions, actions, and points of view becoming weirder, more paranoid, temperamental, etc... over time is a shockingly common occurance. That doesn't mean they'll turn out to be Chris Benoit, but maybe a guy with 20 or 30 fights is a less than ideal candidate to work at a daycare.

It is one of the big problems with extremist groups, both right and left. 99% of the population will never be "pure" enough for them. Either your race isn't pure or your level of group think is insufficient. It is lunacy to try. Shields has always been a knob. This just solidifies it.

Literally no one has a problem when people say "I'm proud to be Irish, Italian, German, Greek, etc." There are parades and national days we all celebrate.

But when people say "I'm pro white" or "white pride," that has taken on a different meaning because of the way it's been used in the past by the KK, Neo-Nazis and white nationalist groups.

Just like the Nazi symbol used to be an ancient Buddhist symbol of spirituality, but changed meaning by how it was used.

Being pro-black or pro-Asian or whatever is not a 1 to 1 with "pro-white."

Last edited:
Back