News Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson - SAT JULY 20 on NETFLIX

Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul - Who wins?

• Total voters
Not saying your points aren't valid, they are, but the wildcard for me, is Jake. We don't know how good he really is. Age is obviously a factor, but all things considered, Tyson looks good, and he didn't look out of sorts in his little sparring match with RJJ a little while ago, so I think his conditioning is fine. I think it's an interesting fight.

Granted, it will probably be some semi-fixed rat-a-tat-tat bullshit, but on it's face, I don't think it's a terrible match-up. Lose-Lose for Jake, though. He either beats an old man, or gets beaten by an old man. Must be one hell of payday.

Hmm I'm going to agree to disagree about his conditioning in the RJJ match. RJJ wasn't putting any kind of pressure so they both just leaned, hugged and didn't throw much most of the time then threw some nice combos in kind of 10 second bursts twice a round. They gave each other a good breather in between, was more an exhibition than a ruthless pressure to break the other guy.

The payday will be enormous. Iron Mike is probably still a pretty unique crossover mainstream draw even if a few otherwise boxing fans like me dip out. And JP's social media kids will be all up in it- although I doubt many of them pay.

Tyson still has his freakish power, so anything can happen. I say if Jake Paul survives the early onslaught of the 1st and 2nd round he should win. But that's easier said than done.

How do you know the power is still there? sure power is "the last to go," but that phrase is referencing fighters in their late 30's early 40s... not one pushing 60.

All the training footage of Tyson that’s been shown is heavily edited

Tyson was walking around in a cane and was in a wheel chair not that long ago

He told Joe Rogan that training for Roy Jones fight took the wind out of him

Not saying your points aren't valid, they are, but the wildcard for me, is Jake. We don't know how good he really is. Age is obviously a factor, but all things considered, Tyson looks good, and he didn't look out of sorts in his little sparring match with RJJ a little while ago, so I think his conditioning is fine. I think it's an interesting fight.

Granted, it will probably be some semi-fixed rat-a-tat-tat bullshit, but on it's face, I don't think it's a terrible match-up. Lose-Lose for Jake, though. He either beats an old man, or gets beaten by an old man. Must be one hell of payday.
I'd say we have a good idea of how good of a fighter Jake is, assuming that none of his fights were fixed. He's an up and comer who's got some solid wins, shown he has KO power, and has great stamina. I have Jake by KO in R3

I'd say we have a good idea of how good of a fighter Jake is, assuming that none of his fights were fixed. He's an up and comer who's got some solid wins, shown he has KO power, and has great stamina. I have Jake by KO in R3
Who are the "solid" wins? I think he's obviously good enough to make amateur boxers look like shit, but it's a whole other world against seasoned boxers, let alone a killer like Tyson. Even as old as he his, I don't think Paul has fought anybody with even close to the same experience, and Tyson is a very well conditioned 57 year old, who has obviously never stopped training.

I think people will be surprised at how good Tyson looks in the ring, and how natural it is for him to slip back into it against a guy who has basically coasted on knocking out ex-MMA guys, who really don't know what the fuck they're doing. We'll see.

How many padwork videos have you guys seen, where the camera stays on for longer then 5 seconds?

Even if you do a sequence that is ten times longer, you would only be at 50 seconds. Thats not even 1/3 of a single round.

Big fan of prime Mike Tyson. But nobody is beating father time.

So dont be fooled of those highlight padwork videos.

Tool's lead singer (who's trained for a while in BJJ, but not boxing) is helping Iron Mike prepare. That sounds about as relevant as Goggins training T. Ferguson for MMA.

Who are the "solid" wins? I think he's obviously good enough to make amateur boxers look like shit, but it's a whole other world against seasoned boxers, let alone a killer like Tyson. Even as old as he his, I don't think Paul has fought anybody with even close to the same experience, and Tyson is a very well conditioned 57 year old, who has obviously never stopped training.

I think people will be surprised at how good Tyson looks in the ring, and how natural it is for him to slip back into it against a guy who has basically coasted on knocking out ex-MMA guys, who really don't know what the fuck they're doing. We'll see.
I honestly disagree with both sides here. I agree that Jake only looks good against old MMA fighters and amateur or rusty journeyman boxers. But age really is a thing and big muscles + edited video footage of Tyson looking good in very short bursts won't roll back the clock 30 years for him. Hoping Mike KO's Jake and puts an end to the Paul celebrity boxing shenanigans, but gun to my head pick Jake due to an extreme youth advantage. Considering that Tyson retired after a few losses over 20 years ago, it would be a totally meaningless win for Jake as far as pro boxing creds go.

All the training footage of Tyson that’s been shown is heavily edited

Tyson was walking around in a cane and was in a wheel chair not that long ago

He told Joe Rogan that training for Roy Jones fight took the wind out of him

Expect the angry, high, ear biting version of

I wouldn't count out random 25 year old in shape hobbyists who post on sherdog to beat current tyson.

Hoping this doesn't go through, I thought jake wanted to be a real boxer?

I remember going to a seminar of Carlson gracies when I was probably 17 and 130 lbs. I rolled with a bjj black belt who handled me who was approximately 60 and around 200 lbs.

I brought up that I competed in amateur boxing and he wanted to spar with me, including leg kicks. I assumed I would get creamed but said sure no problem. Within 40 seconds I felt a sense of shame. I could hit the guy at will. Someone who could've probably obliterated me at 50 couldn't even touch me at 60.

This is a thing, and this fight shouldn't be sanctioned.

Hopefully Mike can all out blitz him and put him to sleep. Otherwise, I think he is dead after 2 rds. This is really sad. If he wants a real fight he should call out a top 20 type heavy. Even against somebody like Luis Ortiz or Kubrat Pulev. Those are at older guys but still under 50.

If videos of Tyson are true he should run thru Paul.an maul him..

Jake Paul is currently -160 on the betting lines. Is this a gift?

If videos of Tyson are true he should run thru Paul.an maul him..

video with fast edits every 2 seconds vs a pad that isn't moving or hitting back?

Though I admit. His bag work looks sharper than Garcia at this point.

video with fast edits every 2 seconds vs a pad that isn't moving or hitting back?

Though I admit. His bag work looks sharper than Garcia at this point.
Figure Tyson has 3 rds in him.. He just blitzes him and Paul shells up but eventually he finds a home to the body then head. I cant see Paul not getting kod

I don't understand... Mike at 16 would knock out today's Jake Paul... And today's Mike Tyson would knock out Jake Paul at 16... But today's Jake Paul beats today's Mike Tyson?

Sometimes this age stuff is really confusing... Reminds me of this here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back