• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jake Paul signs for PFL, also now part owner, promises 50% of revenue to go to fighters.

Wally is the man!

Web capture_7-1-2023_173137_www.google.ca.jpeg

Edit: fixed the link

Last edited:
Conor shouldn't be talking, that's exactly what he wanted with the UFC, except the top brass who owns it didn't even entertain his idea. In fact he never met the owners to this day. Conor is just being a jealous hater.

I wonder if he'll put his money where his mouth is with the unionising.

He said the fighters will get 50% of the revenue, if that's true then they don't need a union. Unions are not necessarily a good thing. If the company is already doing right by you then you don't want a union.

the biggest story here is the CFO... he knows everything.... just like when burger king poached McDonald's COO. UFC will always be number 1 but this is terrible for them.
Not really. It doesn’t change much. Not sure what you think he knows that’ll be a game changer here. They didn’t poach him from the ufc. He hasn’t been with the ufc for years.

So Jake confirmed?

Dont duck bro ..u cant run for ever..

I would fight Jake Paul with 100% seriousness in MMA....there was no joke in my post bruv
I'd fight Jack in wheelchairs if I got paid.
Who the fuck wouldn't?
Money is king.

493ee909-3e0a-41ef-b3aa-d53665722986_text.gif
I loved that show. Great humor in between multiple shootings. Kinda like my life.

Jake.has successfully negotiated every fighter other than himself to earn 50% of fuck all

So pfl is going bankrupt next year? I guess nobody will miss it anyway

From what I've seen, PFL revenue is like $22 million, and Jake Paul did 200,000 PPV buys with Anderson, and 65,000 for the woodley rematch. That's hardly a gamechanger, and not nearly enough to even put a dent in UFC.
I was about to say the 50% of PFL revenue is probably still way less than 18% of UFC revenue. UFC revenues are over 1 billion. Of course the roster is much smaller too.

They're all gangsters bro. Just some if them can't fight

The 2nd time we were pitched some "cloning veins in our lab" as a treatment for blocked/restricted (my medical knowledge is nearly nonexistent) by a Swiss Biotech company: the lead sales rep * was accompanied by (I believe the CEO) a Russian guy, shirt collar unbuttoned, suit jacket open...

Deadass he looked, spoke, moved like a gangster from Sheepshead Bay.

I remember calling guys from lead lists (sometimes an old broker would sell their company's book of business,) and these dudes were invested in regional waste management (penny stock BS,) that restructured as chain of delis, that restructured as...

By the time I'd call them, they'd be down 50-80%
I'd literally tell these guys that they should go watch the Sopranos or Boiler Room.

Weird sh-t, for sure

Not really. It doesn’t change much. Not sure what you think he knows that’ll be a game changer here. They didn’t poach him from the ufc. He hasn’t been with the ufc for years.

if you know much about business you'd know the answer to this is everything. The CFO knows everything about a business operation, do you not know what that means?

imagine jakes face when he gets taken down and pounded to death

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but I've read both the brothers wrestled in high school. If he picks his MMA fights as carefully as he picks his boxing opponents, he'll be able to paint himself as a star.

The 2nd time we were pitched some "cloning veins in our lab" as a treatment for blocked/restricted (my medical knowledge is nearly nonexistent) by a Swiss Biotech company: the lead sales rep * was accompanied by (I believe the CEO) a Russian guy, shirt collar unbuttoned, suit jacket open...

Deadass he looked, spoke, moved like a gangster from Sheepshead Bay.

I remember calling guys from lead lists (sometimes an old broker would sell their company's book of business,) and these dudes were invested in regional waste management (penny stock BS,) that restructured as chain of delis, that restructured as...

By the time I'd call them, they'd be down 50-80%
I'd literally tell these guys that they should go watch the Sopranos or Boiler Room.

Weird sh-t, for sure

See, the thing is, you COULD watch Boiler Room or Sopranos. But a more honest look at crime on Wall Street. Nothing beats The Big Short, global perspective, Margin Call.

Like I said. Biggest gangsters are the ones that don't have to hide/fight/wear sheepskins or mislead anyone.

I mean, the PFL rang the Bell at the NYSE. That's some gangster shit.

See, the thing is, you COULD watch Boiler Room or Sopranos. But a more honest look at crime on Wall Street. Nothing beats The Big Short, global perspective, Margin Call.

Like I said. Biggest gangsters are the ones that don't have to hide/fight/wear sheepskins or mislead anyone.

I mean, the PFL rang the Bell at the NYSE. That's some gangster shit.

Clarification: I was telling the guys that I was calling from that particular list to watch the sopranos scenes re “webistics” or “margin call” because the scenarios most closely mirrored their own

I’m not kidding that one list came from some bucket shop where they had guys buying shares in some BS that literally (w/o being completely delisted mind you) changed its business model being a chain of retail establishments one day to a waste management company He next.

These sorts of clients were not my bread and butter, though; as I typically stuck to senior partners (attorneys,consultants, accountant, etc…) at big firms mostly in the Europe or really anywhere, but the time zone made it easiest.

Every once in a while you’d buy a list of farmers from some firm that was going out of business or that had a broker who got pissed off so he sold the firm’s list, when he quit, etc.. Low hanging fruit since their brokers were shady.
You transfer in their existing BS stock, sell it, then show them a healthy return on real companies, and when they sell some land (or whatever) would send in more cash.
They’d generally leave you alone since their first brokers were either misrepresenting themselves and what they were selling; or so ridiculously incompetent that it bordered on criminality.
Frankly, these types of guys wouldn’t have passed my initial qualification test (no matter how wealthy) due to the fact that they really didn’t know anything about the market.
We (I since I can’t speak for the other brokers at my firm) were initially just doing them a favor recouping some of their losses.

Back