• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jake Paul signs for PFL, also now part owner, promises 50% of revenue to go to fighters.

That means someone like Magomed Magomedkerimov will not sell and he had made already 1 million dollar.

None of these random dagestans will sell ppv.

Good move because pfl needs bigger name.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. Askren has an excellent jaw and the hip surgery is far behind him now. Total joke of a fight imo. I don't think some people who have never wrestled understand the difference between an ok high school wrestler vs an unreal NCAA div 1 champ.
I doubt they could find an agreeable weight class in MMA unless Askren got even chubbier and fought at MW. If Askren can still shoot and scramble on the ground reasonably well (considering back/hip injuries), then I agree with you. Jake is new to MMA and high school wrestling only goes so far...many fighters have that background. He'll need a few years of can-crushing and fighting really old strikers with no ground threat to build his resume. I'd like to see him challenged, but Jake doesn't like challenges.

Jake Paul actually has bettter wrestling, striking and athleticism compared to some pro MMA fighters. He’s a decent wrestler compared to a lot of guys actually. The question is can he put it all together? I say he can be average or slightly above, particularly because he’s starting late.
What are you basing his wrestling on?

Reactions: lsa
I doubt they could find an agreeable weight class in MMA unless Askren got even chubbier and fought at MW. If Askren can still shoot and scramble on the ground reasonably well (considering back/hip injuries), then I agree with you. Jake is new to MMA and high school wrestling only goes so far...many fighters have that background. He'll need a few years of can-crushing and fighting really old strikers with no ground threat to build his resume. I'd like to see him challenged, but Jake doesn't like challenges.
Agreed, most people just can't understand what you just said, well put. Lol

Reactions: mkt
What are you basing his wrestling on?

He wrestled in the children’s division and high school in Ohio. He’s not great, but that focused training is more wrestling than lots of MMA fighters. He’s shot doubles, singles thousands of times. His brother is a beast, but Jake knows enough, combine that with boxing and he’s already better than weaker “Pro” mma fighters if he just had a serious camp. I’m not saying he’s UFC or Bellator level, but he might clown someone in Rizin or One or something. Maybe something regional.

* There’s footage of him wrestling as a kid online. That stuff is hardwired into you, you never really lose your timing and explosiveness to shoot in, even if overall speed diminishes with age. It’s a weird phenomenon.

Last edited:
When has PFL ever had positive revenue? Will fighters lose money if there is no profit? Maybe fighters get 50 percent of PPV sales that would be sweet. Jake Paul still is kinda weird but whatever

Thanks man!
Sounds somewhat shady to me.
When I was on Wall Street (boutique Investment Bank,) got pitched bon more than one occasion by shady guys who came off like legit gangsters; so maybe I'm just biased.

They're all gangsters bro. Just some if them can't fight

Nakisa is a scumbag and Jake is an oaf. You couldn’t pay me to watch anything these two idiots come up with.

Paolo... Italians are into that stuff. Sod off

So Jake confirmed?

Dont duck bro ..u cant run for ever..

I would fight Jake Paul with 100% seriousness in MMA....there was no joke in my post bruv

Conor-710x1536.png.webp

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-50-of-a-future-purse-if-he-does-an-mma-bout/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back