Jake Ellenburger's Chin

MajJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's been tko'd against Kampmann only and watching that fight I was surprised how easily he was finished..

Just how good is his chin? I know he took Condit to a split decision but did he get hit hard in that fight? (haven't seen it btw)

If Kampmann can get it done, I'm guessing that Lawler could get it done, but Jake's power is something scary I believe it's the best in WW

What d'you guys say?

He almost KO'd Condit. Kampmann was the only time I've really seen him hurt and I think that stoppage was early.

Roy was knocked out (looked like a TKO to me) by Arlovski years ago. And he's been granite ever since.

Ellenberger's chin is fine.

Condit hurt him to the body, but I don't recall him ever cracking him with any head shots

We would have been able to see Ellenburger vs Johny if Jake didn't freeze up in his fight with the Canadian Psycho

Lawler can KO/TKO anyone.

I question Ellenburger's will more than his chin. Seems like he's one of those fighters who doesn't handle adversity well. If things aren't going his way it seems like he kind of mentally quits.

In terms of power, Ellenberger definitely has it, but I'm not sure he has more than Lawler or Hendricks.

ellenberger has a good chin. it wasn't his chin that got him beat by kampmann. he got hit with a short right hand on the temple that sort of staggered him, then kampmann got the plum and kneed him a couple of times to drop him.

ellenberger wrestled condit for two rounds and then started to gas in the 3rd.

it'll be interesting to see if ellenberger's gas tank can hold up against lawler.

His chin is fine. He was just terribly gassed against Kampmann. Problem with Jake is unless his first round blitz finishes you, he'll probably gas terribly. When he doesn't blitz, it becomes a shit show like against Rory.

Lemme just say that you should really watch the Condit fight, it's one of the best fights to not win FOTN

ellenberger wrestled condit for two rounds and then started to gas in the 3rd.

2vafv9z.jpg

Looks like some unorthodox wrestling to me.

2vafv9z.jpg

Looks like some unorthodox wrestling to me.

lol i do remember Jake lighting him up on the feet. I dont remember that exchange tho. Nice gif! Almost looks like jake was hurt from the knee as well!

While were at it, how did you guys score Jake vs Condit?

I had it a draw 10-8 Jake and then 2 10-9's for Condit.

lol i do remember Jake lighting him up on the feet. I dont remember that exchange tho. Nice gif! Almost looks like jake was hurt from the knee as well!

Jake was definitely hurt haha but not as much as Condit, he got lamped.

Getting TKO'd by knees is a lot more forigvable in the chin discussion then punch TKO's.

Knees seem like they have a hell of a lot more impact.

Jake Shields got KO'd by knees from Ellenberger. Shields has an excellent chin too. Sure there are other examples but that just comes to mind.

Back