Media Jailton Almeida calls out Ciryl Gane for UFC Paris

The UFC wouldn’t dare feed Gane to another legit grappler for a while. They’ve been keeping him far away from guys like Blaydes and Almeida.
Right now Gane's best possible role in the UFC heavyweight division is gatekeeper for strikers with enough grappling to make them plausible opponents for Jones, Aspinall, or Blaydes. Otherwise he's pretty much stuck with novelty flights that mean nothing for rankings or determining title challengers.

Gane should jump at the chance.​

True, Dana and the ufc can only cover up so much for Jon and his actions.

meh best mma fighter to step foot on the planet.

iykyk

No way Gane takes this fight. Almeida doesn't really deserve it, but he was impressive even though he got KO'd by Blaydes. Would like Almeida vs Pavlovich instead.
Why Almeida would not deserve it? He ran through the HW division and lost a fight he was winning vs Blaydes.

Big fan of Gane but he hasn't done jack shit lately. Which is cool.. he is onto other stuff.

The UFC has a long history of protecting strikers from good wrestlers. They've done so with Gane, and they'll likely continue to do so. I won't hold my breath for this fight.

Gane isn't accepting that fight if he wouldn't even accept a title fight against Tom.

I'm expecting Almeida vs Volkov to be announced sometime in a month or two.

Heavyweight grappler calls out Ciryl Gane AFTER Jon Jones shows the world that Gane's grappling defense is beyond dog shit:

i-bet-you-do-saturday-night-live.gif

Almeida just didn't take any risks with Beast. Maybe he wouldn't be so timid with Gane.
Almeida was trying his damnest to finish Derrick and he couldn't. Derrick's sub defense is highly underrated. He's only been subbed twice in his entire career. Once by DC and the other by Spivac in which he was compromised by a very bad weight cut.

Gane got subbed in one min against jones
Let's not act as if Jon isn't subbing literally every single HW in that division quite easily aside from Almeida, Tom, Stipe and Blaydes.

Let's not act as if Jon isn't subbing literally every single HW in that division quite easily aside from Almeida, Tom, Stipe and Blaydes.

Jon's actions have proven his cowardice year after year. He ducked every single HW, starting with DC, and the dozens of HW contenders ever since.

Do we need to list all that Pico hid from, even ducking Stipe for almost a decade?

The guy has 20 finishes out of his 21 wins. 15 of them have been under 5 minutes. How exactly is he a cuddler.

Yeah but none of them were on a UFC PPV main card.

The only fight that Sherdoggers can remember is that balls is hot guy fight. And we got sleepy during it.

Back