Jack Slack weighs in on Bisping vs Silva

Good piece, as usual, but sometimes Jack doesn't mention the obvious since it can make a lot of his analysis seem unnecessary. In this case, he fails to mention the elephant in the room: Silva's chin is shot.

Silva got clipped repeatedly by short punches from the perennially pillow-fisted Bisping. And while Silva's game is counterpunching, he is more than capable of pressuring and finishing the fight that way. He attempted to do that a few times, but (as Jack does mention), he hit the deck whenever Bisping landed a counter strike.

If Silva had half of his chin left, he'd have pressured Bisping and finished the fight in round 3 or 4. That was the biggest factor in the fight. From a technical standpoint, this fight was otherwise the same Silva we've seen fighting the same Bisping we've seen.

Yet not "amazing" enough to beat the gatekeeper, Bisquick.

Compared to the elusiveness of a Cruz or the laser-like counterstriking (and fight ending) of a McGregor, everything Andy had that once seemed amazing is now just pretty good.

For as old as he is, you can clearly see those shades of his greatness. He's the most fluid and natural striker we've seen.

he makes the wrongful claim that bisping was KO'd
bisping was absolutely knocked out. he was unable to defend himself after the strike. that's the definition of a knockout in mma.

yeah, because saying it was a KO when it clearly was not is like no big deal when being payed to make a post fight analyses. Not like it is his job to have some expertise.

it was absolutely a knock out. when did unconscious be the sole criteria for a knockout?

in the end it's no biggie. but bisping was absolutely obviously knocked out at that point.

I'm ok with it being a controversial decision

anderson showing he still has great skills to watch
and Bisping finding a way to frustrate and survive
being in the cage with AS

would love to see a rematch

Good read, if Bisping hadnt been distracted himself trying to get Herb´s attention it might had been a better fight with not much if any controversy.

Good read, if Bisping hadnt been distracted himself trying to get Herb´s attention it might had been a better fight with not much if any controversy.

I dont think it made it a worse fight,it made it more exciting and dramatic. It only sucks for those who wanted it stopped because of the knee. I didnt.

bisping was absolutely knocked out. he was unable to defend himself after the strike. that's the definition of a knockout in mma.
he was defending himself after the strike

he was defending himself after the strike

lol

7f7hmy8.gif

c'mon

Just my opinion, but Slack is doing the best writing analysis work in MMA for my money. Fischer for boxing.

lol whatya know? looky looky what we have here! silva had nothing for bisping untill he gets a free shot when hes not paying attention ..danga da danga da dang!

the thing i like about jack slack the most is when he posts an article, he'll flame and argue anyone that disagrees with him on here. it makes me warm and fuzzy inside to know that no matter how popular someone gets, they never lose their true inner sherdog spirit.

Back