Jacare v. Jason Miller *spoiler*

irc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not impressed by Jacare's performance. He had the back more than once, and he had mount, and lost them every time without doing any damage or really ever threatening Miller. Perhaps I just really underestimated Miller, but Miller never once looked worried. Jacare never even really made any legit sub attempts. It went to decision and could have gone either way.

I guess it's just surprising when you see Jacare in grappling tournaments and the way he utterly crushes the best BJJ players on the planet.

watching it now. just finished the 1st round. i saw alot of sub attempts. he had good transitions from one rnc to the next when mayhem was defending.

Give Miller more credit, he has way more mma experience than Jacare and is also a brown belt. He knew how to get away from those subs especially when it got really slippery.

Congrats to Jacare, he beat a quality opponent.

jayson has been a brown belt for a long time. he just never bothered to get his black belt. Come on it's not like jayson isn't from a legit bjj school.. he is an alliance guy for gods sake ;)

crap, i was hoping jacare would rip his arms off....jason was talking crap before the fight and I just cant stand jason in the first place.

can anyone link me to these fights? pm me if anything please

well I hate PMs, but I sent you the place I like to go in PMs lex.

jayson has been a brown belt for a long time. he just never bothered to get his black belt. Come on it's not like jayson isn't from a legit bjj school.. he is an alliance guy for gods sake ;)

I thought Jason was from Cobra Kai wasn't he?

Jacare did outstanding, but Miller was very impressive with his heart and sub defense. The 2nd heelhook and the RNC would definately have finished a LOT of guys out there.

Jacare did outstanding, but Miller was very impressive with his heart and sub defense. The 2nd heelhook and the RNC would definately have finished a LOT of guys out there.

He was dominating completely, but I to could not help feeling a little let down that he didnt choke him

Was impressed by Jacare, give Miller some credit he's definitely no slouch on the ground. A normal fighter would have been submitted 10 times in that fight.

LOL.

Apparently taking the back with hooks x2 or 3, body triangle, mount x2 or 3, every meaningful submission attempt of the night = shit.

What was Miller thinking with that raising of the arm? I can respect "I survived," but if he thought he won that by winning the standup in the second round (pretty close for the fight as a whole), he's kidding himself.

I actually like Miller, so it's not like I hate his antics and am looking for reasons to shoot him down.

It was a highly entertaining fight, and much more competitive than many thought.

LOL.

Apparently taking the back with hooks x2 or 3, body triangle, mount x2 or 3, every meaningful submission attempt of the night = shit.

What was Miller thinking with that raising of the arm? I can respect "I survived," but if he thought he won that by winning the standup in the second round (pretty close for the fight as a whole), he's kidding himself.

I actually like Miller, so it's not like I hate his antics and am looking for reasons to shoot him down.

It was a highly entertaining fight, and much more competitive than many thought.

If I went with Jacare and didn't get submitted and fought through the adversity of the subs I would be happy too.

He was dominating completely, but I to could not help feeling a little let down that he didnt choke him

jacare won that fight but he did not dominate.

ok here is honestly what I saw:

Jacare had:

multiple takedowns on miller
better ground positioning(mount, side control, back)
did more damage overall

Miller had:

exellent defense
multiple reversals(most notable is his reversals of jacare's mount)
and better standup(no suprise).

IMO Jacare definately won that fight

however

I was not so much impressed with jacare's performance on the ground(ofcourse i could not do any better).

I know miller actually has a great ground game and for all who are saying he's a brown belt - that is with the gi. Miller is easily black belt level in no gi , he is an exceptional grappler with good finishing ability.

however - with jacare's level of ground work and the way he dominates ADCC - i guess i figured he'd still dominate the grappler in miller more than he did.

Most people know that good no gi grappling does not equate to equal grappling in MMA but the things im talking about do not apply to the difference of MMA and no gi.

Miller had some good reversals and exellent defense. he was actually competitive on the ground with jacare and took advantage of a lot of situations. he was never really close to being submitted and reversed jac's positions quite easily at times(most notably were the two mount reversals he landed as soon as jacare achieved mount)

But - Miller is a good MMA fighter and has much more experience than jacare so props to jacare on a win vs a quality opponent(most of his other opponents were green or just much lesser in skill).

btw jason hasnt been with cobra kai for a loooong time. dont use sherdog fightfinder

LOL.

Exactly. Mayhem is a good fighter with a lot more experience in MMA than Jacare. Why isn't Jacare's win with limited MMA experience impressive too??? I think some people expect too much from him.

LOL.

It was a competitive fight, why not try and show the judges you were confident in your fighting ability? A lot of Thai fighters will do this right as the bell rings for each round, it shows the judges you are the superior fighter.

Back