Jacare v. Jason Miller *spoiler*

Nice fight.

Like other said, bjj for adcc and bjj for mma is not the same thing. Jacare did a very good job. He got the dominant position all the time over a good wrestler.

He didnt get the sub 'cause he dont throw enough punchs when he's on the ground. He should have soften him a little bit more.

He's on a good way, some more fights and he will react like a real mma fighter adding more punch/elbow/knee to his already incredible ground game.

Ralek did good too, but please, someone have to show him how to shoot( single or double)!!

I was sleeping when the alarm clock woke me up to watch the fight in Hawaii it was about 2:00 a.m.? I missed the entrance but heard that Jacare may have fought stoned and Jason's entrance was crazy.

That being said I actually got to watch the fight and was impressed by both. I'm biased since I trained with Jason in Hawaii and was pulling for him. Jacare was a submission attempt, take down, positional dominance machine. Jason is well, Jason and impressed me, while making me cringe at that early hour, by fighting the submission attempts off, reversing and escaping.

I was impressed by Jacare but just as impressed by Jason. Congrats to both, I'm going keep that fight on my dvd recorder for a while and put that to dvd-r and video tape.

Are you bullshitting? Where did you hear he was stoned?

Nope.

Someone who went and watched it in person. Then idependent of that person, my classmate who absolutely loves Jacare and lives on his every move and breath said he thought it odd that Jacare came out to Bob Marley and was skanking but appeared to move slower in the ring from the get go than he is used to seeing Jacare move. He suggested Jacare might be under the influence. Its just two people's observations. DREAM probably does not test for steroids much less marijuana but look for yourself.

My eyes are 41 years old and I missed the total entrance so when I have time I got to replay the entrance to see what they are talking about. Plus I am a Roger fan and don't really know too much about Jacare's game to know the difference. But two independent sources say his actions make them think that. One was there. The other one is downright, well in love with the guy's game. Why would he say that?.

So I don't know can you see if he has glassy eyes? I can't. People on this forum always say that they do better when stoned so who really knows. Just two person's observation and me saying that they think that.

No offense but two guys saying he seemed stoned is far from enough to start a bs rumor that he was.

Jacare is far too much of a competitor to even think about doing something like that. I dont doubt that he smokes or has smokes, as it is a large part of the bjj community. However to say "He came out to Bob Marley and he was slow" isnt nearly enough circumstantial evidence to infer that he was stoned.

Even the biggest potheads I know wouldnt fight stoned, and Jacare is no exception. Plus, training with Randy now I'm sure hes not getting high before his fights. Honestly man, lets get real.

Jacare did look a little slow in his fight, but there are a million more likely explanations than that he was high. As for Bob Marley - who doesnt like Bob?

Anyone have footage that can vouch for Jason Miller being immune to the heel hook? That is truly amazing.

The heel hooks were very sloppy. Miller's knee was bent each time.

Nobody is immune to the heel hook unless they have some kind of genetic mutation.

Nope.

Someone who went and watched it in person. Then idependent of that person, my classmate who absolutely loves Jacare and lives on his every move and breath said he thought it odd that Jacare came out to Bob Marley and was skanking but appeared to move slower in the ring from the get go than he is used to seeing Jacare move. He suggested Jacare might be under the influence. Its just two people's observations. DREAM probably does not test for steroids much less marijuana but look for yourself.

My eyes are 41 years old and I missed the total entrance so when I have time I got to replay the entrance to see what they are talking about. Plus I am a Roger fan and don't really know too much about Jacare's game to know the difference. But two independent sources say his actions make them think that. One was there. The other one is downright, well in love with the guy's game. Why would he say that?.

So I don't know can you see if he has glassy eyes? I can't. People on this forum always say that they do better when stoned so who really knows. Just two person's observation and me saying that they think that.

Dude, that's one of the stupidest conclusions I have ever heard anyone reach. I mean, are you kidding me?

The stoned comment is off the wall. So if I listen to bob marley and I am a little slow at work I must be stoned or who knows maybe shooting heroin. :)

Nobody is immune to the heel hook unless they have some kind of genetic mutation.

That's the point. The more bent the knee is, the more pressure there is.

The knee is supposed to be bent you noob. You call your self a Catch wrestler?

I think the key point people are forgetting is that 80% of the fight jacare had either mount, sidemount or backmount with body locks. Reversals look cool and all.. but Mayehm reversed himself into subs everytime

I think the key point people are forgetting is that 80% of the fight jacare had either mount, sidemount or backmount with body locks. Reversals look cool and all.. but Mayehm reversed himself into subs everytime

he did have dominant position most of the time, i think something other people are not noticing is most people arent denying this.

most people in this thread are acknowledging that jacare won and that he had dominant position.

reversals do look cool and yea he didnt do much with them. I was just suprised that he was able to impose his will on jacare even that much when it came to grappling.

he didnt reverse himself into submissions everytime. he did happen sometimes tho but at the same time he never in any real danger from those subs.

overall jacare won against a quality opponent so good job. personally i just expected him to be a bit more dominant than he already was in the groundfighting(ie more damage on the ground, not so easily reversed).

I didnt really expect a sub cuz miller's BJJ application in MMA is his strongpoint so i figured he'd at least be able to avoid a sub.

multiple take downs
dominant positions for most of the fight
multiple submission attempts
more damage.

this is what jacare did so props to him. he will get better anyways

Back