Jacare is evolving into a killer!

Since we don't personally know these guys, blaming their striking abilities to commitment seems really unfair. You can easilly tell guys like Maia and Roger are not really gifted in the department, but if I were to gamble I'd say Maia puts a lot of effort on it, and he does have improved a lot since his early days.
Jacare didn't show anything new yesterday, his striking has looked even better before and he has been a decent striker for years now. Also, if we're talking about his evolution we should be talking about how his improved wrestling, a very useful tool for BJJ guys to have in MMA, that doubleleg yesterday was fast (but then again, not the first time we see that).

jacare's takedowns are what i think wil elevate him to ufc contender status well together with his jiu-jitsu and evolving striking game

How do you know they didn't try to get better, and just that they aren't that athletic or good at it? Roger trains boxing every day.

he showed a pretty nasty clinch game against Roy

werdums clinch knees were murderous against roy and the quick finish of russow was impressive and russow is known for toughness. i didn't see the russow fight though.

033110_pokemonHGSSstarter_obs02--article_image.jpg
What the fuck is this shit? Wee-a-boo Blasphemy!

Werdum has pretty good muay thai. I think you underrate Maia's boxing a little bit as well, its not great but he can hang with many top fighters.

He looked very good last night in every way.....vs a solid MW in Herman. He's a great prospect to be a contender, and even more then Lombard IMO

the funny thing no one seems to care about luke rockhold going over to the ufc, its all jacare. personally i am more excited for jacare and have been waiting for this for a few years too...

plenty of people are excited about Rockhold. He just didn't fight last night so he's not going to get nearly as much attention.

I think both guys are going to be top ten mws and I think both will get title shots at some point.

I love werdum but his striking is horrible other then his knees in the clinch

dude is just really strong, his hands are shit

He beats up a can, and you go hog wild..Nice.
To be fair in his last outing Ed Herman went the distance with a great grappler in Jake Shields. Jacare on the other hand locked in a submission in the first round..

Not implying MMA math type logic but it was fairly impressive.

He looked very good last night in every way.....vs a solid MW in Herman. He's a great prospect to be a contender, and even more then Lombard IMO

If Ed Herman is a solid MW what does that say about the MW division?

i think all those guys have good striking but being comfortable using it against guys that have alot more experience can be pretty daunting.

no one is going to be that confident jumping into werdum's guard, or standing up with Manhoef. to guys like Roger, even opponents with moderate levels of striking can probably make them very cautious. Its got to start in the gym, its probably that they aren't dominating even no namers in practice.

To be fair in his last outing Ed Herman went the distance with a great grappler in Jake Shields. Jacare on the other hand locked in a submission in the first round..

Not implying MMA math type logic but it was fairly impressive.

and herman isn't the kind of guy to get manhandled, solid wrestler, and overall good mma skills. herman can be competitive with anyone, i think jacare is just that good

Damian Maia's striking has always been improving, and he's only been TKO'ed once.

You're getting way too excited about Jacare's striking because he should never be too willing to try and show off his striking, which he has a tendency to do.

Jacare is too willing to stand, but Herman is not an immediate KO threat. Not every fighter can become great at striking simply by working it more. They should always look to get the fight to the area they want.

I'm more interested in a grappler's striking defense, than how pretty their offense looks.

People talking about his new and improved takedowns/wrestling, he's had great takedowns for years and that's part of what he was known for and made him so good in the world of pure jiu jitsu.

I'm super stoked to see him in the ufc

looks like a beast.. made Herman look like an amateur honestly

Jacare is not evolving into a killer,he already is and he's going to run wreck-shop through alot of opponents.

His striking looks the same as always. This is just the first time you're watching him fight.

Wrong on the first part,correct on the second part.

the funny thing no one seems to care about luke rockhold going over to the ufc, its all jacare. personally i am more excited for jacare and have been waiting for this for a few years too...

QFT. I'm with ye there mate.

can't be using the prospect term in anyway,at all in regards to Souza imo pal.

funny how beating up cans didn't stop Dan Hardy from becoming one of your favorite fighters

bahahaha.

/pwnt.

Back