Jacare and Roger Gracie fight tonight

Jacare looked good. Roger looked good but SO skinny! I'm really surprised he's doing the MW thing.

Jacare looked good. Roger looked good but SO skinny! I'm really surprised he's doing the MW thing.

Honestly, Roger kind of looked like he didn't want to be there.

Honestly, Roger kind of looked like he didn't want to be there.

I don't really know why he fights MMA, to be honest. Every picture or vid I've ever seen from his gym it always looks huge and packed, I imagine he's not broke. I wonder if it's a family thing, or if he just feels like he something to prove above and beyond all his BJJ titles. I'd rather see him just do BJJ and ADCC, it'll be interesting to see what happens if the UFC doesn't pick him up (though I'm sure they will, for name recognition if nothing else).

I was there live tonight and it was awesome. BJJ was represented well tonight.

I don't really know why he fights MMA, to be honest. Every picture or vid I've ever seen from his gym it always looks huge and packed, I imagine he's not broke. I wonder if it's a family thing, or if he just feels like he something to prove above and beyond all his BJJ titles. I'd rather see him just do BJJ and ADCC, it'll be interesting to see what happens if the UFC doesn't pick him up (though I'm sure they will, for name recognition if nothing else).

He address that question at 11:30

seriusly man? money? yeah sure its damn important in life, but I think the vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast minority of fighters in mma fight for money.... most guys in the ammy circuit or even pro but smaller orgs know they are not going to make it to the UFC, still they love to fight... I mean, outside brazil and the us, guys spend a shit ton of money getting ready for a fight to get pay nothing...

Roger always has that disinterested look,even at the GB BB training camps years ago but actually he a regular guy who loves beer etc;lot a pressure on those shoulders!By the way he would tool everyone at those sessions no problem.

Back