Izzy Should never have gotten a LHW title shot

Neither Jan or Izzy deserved a super fight and it was completely pointless.

Bad for both of their respective divisions.

One of the many annoying things about fighters having no advocacy is bookings being run like a circus coming to town instead of a sport.

Neither Jan or Izzy deserved a super fight and it was completely pointless.

Bad for both of their respective divisions.
How was it bad? They sold very well, Izzy defended 185 not long after and Jan could have defended anytime.

New rule : No title shot unless you have at least 2 fights in a division.
This is I think A. Silva did it the right way in that he went up and fought Irvin and Griffin but never got a title shot.
With this new rule no title shots for :
Izzy at LHW potentially holding up one division
Mcgregor at Light Weight, holding up both, and never defending either title

discuss

lol no. Timing is everything. Izzy beat the viable contenders in his division and LHW had nobody that was a clear contender. Enough with the Glover shit too. Guy is in his 40's. Great fighter, but Izzy is there star, and he did enough in his division to be able to move up and compete. Now a guy like Cody moving down to 125lbs after having lost 3 in a row was idiotic. But 125lbs was so bad, it could of worked. No problems with Izzy though.

How was it bad? They sold very well, Izzy defended 185 not long after and Jan could have defended anytime.

Your job as champion is to defend against contenders in your division. Jan didn't have a single defense to his name, and booked with a middleweight. That is stupid at face value.

It will be a full year between Jan winning the vacant title and his first title defense against someone in his division. Glover was forced to sit on the shelf for a year for absolutely no reason.

Israel had a grand total of two title defenses before taking a super fight. That is also stupid at face value, not even taking into consideration one of those two defenses was a pick-em split stinker with Romero.

These types of 'super fights' take money and potential out of the pockets of fighters in each division. They should only happen when history demands it such as long defending champions have virtually cleaned out their division. Jan didn't even have a single defense, a total embarrassment to fight a middleweight. History did not demand this happen.

I agree, but Dana never thinks long-term. He thinks "what would be a good draw at this moment?" and goes with it. Never thinks about building up the fighter in the division for a bigger fight.

New rule : No title shot unless you have at least 2 fights in a division.
This is I think A. Silva did it the right way in that he went up and fought Irvin and Griffin but never got a title shot.
With this new rule no title shots for :
Izzy at LHW potentially holding up one division
Mcgregor at Light Weight, holding up both, and never defending either title

discuss

We're in the era of champ champs.....the Anderson/GSP/Jones/Aldo time was all about defenses. After Conor, the shift went to two division champs. It's the way the UFC is marketing fighters now.

The whole idea was to set up a super fight between Izzy and Jones. Thankfully it failed.

The whole idea was to set up a super fight between Izzy and Jones. Thankfully it failed.
Don't get me wrong, I still want to see Izzy vs Jones, as long as Jones in not the Champ in the division. I just think fighter should earn their place in the title picture.

At least it wasn't as bad as Dillashaw's dbl champ attempt. Imagine getting son'd and obliterated by the smaller guy and then popping for EPO and giving up your original belt.

Izzy is a real man. He’s not gonna play it safe and duck a fighter. He went after it and still looked good vs Jan.

Jan was losing the striking, that’s why he kept going for the TD. Say I’m wrong, without your head up Jan’s ass.

LOL What African market?
Dude, Migingo Island had at least 7 TV’s willing to trade for the PPV.
793e06c25e2b47e2b6e46d530ef57a15_8.jpeg

Back