I've NEVER ordered a delivery pizza

I've actually never ordered any food for delivery. I have eaten pizza a buddy ordered. I just don't really get the food delivery thing. If I want something, I'll drive my car to get it. If it's too snowy (lived in upstate NY), I'll just not get it and find something else to eat. Besides not being a huge fast food guy, it's just so lazy and gluttonous. Think about it. You don't ever have to leave home; people literally bring food to you for you to eat.

I will point out that I'm Vietnamese/Chinese (though I've lived here since I was 1), so I'm not too down with the "American lifestyle." I don't like paying a fee and tip just to do something that I could have done with minimal effort. It just doesn't make much sense. So how do y'all feel about food delivery? Wonder of modern utopian society, or the paradigm of sloth and weakness, or something in between?

Some people put a price on their time and the convenience of having someone make you your meal and bring it to you piping hot is tempting for some, and necessary for others.

Last edited:
He’s asian

giphy.gif

You never hang out with friends watching something like the superbowl and you guys decide to order some pizza?
Sure....I was just in my own way telling the TS that his question is ridiculous. Suggesting that people are lazy and weak for having pizza delivered? Stupidest thing I've read in a while.

Last edited:
Pizza is the only takeaway I get delivered because the delivery is free. Others like chinese and curry I have to pick up because they want £3 and £4 for delivery.

I ordered Chinese food during a hurricane in NYC once. There was heavy wind and rain and shit blowing all over the place and those fuckers are still on their bicycles delivering food.

No one comes out this far in the boonies where I live. At least not delivery drivers.

what a fucking weirdo.

Also one of the funniest things you can deep into winter when theres a snowstorm and the roads are FUCKED is order a pizza. See if that ~18 year old kid can make it through 8 inches of snow and ice in his moms 2002 toyota camry to complete the delivery for that $5 tip. Do you want to be a fucking delivery guy or not?

This inspired me to order a pizza tonight.

I’ve never ordered delivery in my life either. I’ve ordered pickup a few times tho.

I ordered Chinese food during a hurricane in NYC once. There was heavy wind and rain and shit blowing all over the place and those fuckers are still on their bicycles delivering food.

And that's why Asians are the most successful economic group in the U.S

I've actually never ordered any food for delivery. I have eaten pizza a buddy ordered. I just don't really get the food delivery thing. If I want something, I'll drive my car to get it. If it's too snowy (lived in upstate NY), I'll just not get it and find something else to eat. Besides not being a huge fast food guy, it's just so lazy and gluttonous. Think about it. You don't ever have to leave home; people literally bring food to you for you to eat.

I will point out that I'm Vietnamese/Chinese (though I've lived here since I was 1), so I'm not too down with the "American lifestyle." I don't like paying a fee and tip just to do something that I could have done with minimal effort. It just doesn't make much sense. So how do y'all feel about food delivery? Wonder of modern utopian society, or the paradigm of sloth and weakness, or something in between?

So you have no idea how that kid felt when he got a whole cheese pizza for himself in the movie Home Alone???

You are not American!... What is your name SS# and address???... We need to deport your ass back to Vietnam!!!

Brag more while back handing the rest of us. Please.

Last edited:

Its good that you dont because you get lazy and fat. If you are in a rural area that gets destroyed in winter, is best to hoof it 10 miles to nearest chinese takeout. Its usually the only place still open, and you get a great workout.

i rarely order delivery, mostly due to my favorite places not delivering.
my favorite chinese place doesn't do delivery. it's a chinese/peruvian place, always packed, bout 10 minute walk from home.
i would rather walk to that place than get delivery from any of the dozen or so chinese delivery places nearby.
my favorite pizza place also doesn't deliver. that one i have to drive to as it's about 2 miles away.

I walk, ride my bike, or take public transportation 90% of the time. Driving to get something every time I want something is the embodiment of sloth and weakness. I also make my own pizza from scratch. Getting a second-rate pizza from a corporate chain reeks of sloth and weakness as well.

You sound like a judgemental joy to be around. Seriously judging people for driving. PS your homemade pizza most likely sucks.

Back