I've NEVER ordered a delivery pizza

Brom Bones

Where's that little soy boy, bitch Ichabod?
@Black
Reaction score
I've actually never ordered any food for delivery. I have eaten pizza a buddy ordered. I just don't really get the food delivery thing. If I want something, I'll drive my car to get it. If it's too snowy (lived in upstate NY), I'll just not get it and find something else to eat. Besides not being a huge fast food guy, it's just so lazy and gluttonous. Think about it. You don't ever have to leave home; people literally bring food to you for you to eat.

I will point out that I'm Vietnamese/Chinese (though I've lived here since I was 1), so I'm not too down with the "American lifestyle." I don't like paying a fee and tip just to do something that I could have done with minimal effort. It just doesn't make much sense. So how do y'all feel about food delivery? Wonder of modern utopian society, or the paradigm of sloth and weakness, or something in between?

I've actually never ordered any food for delivery. I have eaten pizza a buddy ordered. I just don't really get the food delivery thing. If I want something, I'll drive my car to get it. If it's too snowy (lived in upstate NY), I'll just not get it and find something else to eat. Besides not being a huge fast food guy, it's just so lazy and gluttonous. Think about it. You don't ever have to leave home; people literally bring food to you for you to eat.

I will point out that I'm Vietnamese/Chinese (though I've lived here since I was 1), so I'm not too down with the "American lifestyle." I don't like paying a fee and tip just to do something that I could have done with minimal effort. It just doesn't make much sense. So how do y'all feel about food delivery? Wonder of modern utopian society, or the paradigm of sloth and weakness, or something in between?

You havn't lived until you experience the feeling and thrill of waiting for that angelic pizza delivery guy to knock on your door and hand over that box of scrumptious cheesy pizza

It has its uses. What if you're watching the big game with Hank?

<{poor?}>{<Scared}

875.gif

I've had Pho soup and Chinese food delivered to my house. True story

I walk, ride my bike, or take public transportation 90% of the time. Driving to get something every time I want something is the embodiment of sloth and weakness. I also make my own pizza from scratch. Getting a second-rate pizza from a corporate chain reeks of sloth and weakness as well.

Thread was going good until...
I don't like paying a fee and tip just to do something that I could have done with minimal effort
Come on!! Is just a few bucks at most.

I would understand if you are not into pizza because is junk food or you prefer to do homemade pizza because is way better.

I personally buy delivery maybe once every 2 months or so because (at least in my city) food is like 4/5 more expensive that way. I prefer doing it at home. More healthy and way cheaper.

So, you don't tip when you pick up food? You sound cheap.

Never?!...

<{Joewithit}>

I do Door Dash and Uber eats all the time, it's awesome...and not for fast food, you can get many good restaurants delivered, I can even get upscale steakhouses delivered here (probably wouldn't though, that's more of a sit down at the restaurant meal)...

Here in Cali, people love ordering pizza from home.

Me neither.

I would understand if you are not into pizza because is junk food or you prefer to do homemade pizza because is way better.
Disagree. Imo pizza is one of the (few) foods that's usually NOT better homemade.

I don't think I've ordered take out either. I always g to the store. However one of my good friends would order Papa John's, pretty much every time I came over and he always knew how to get the cheapest prices for it too.

I walk, ride my bike, or take public transportation 90% of the time. Driving to get something every time I want something is the embodiment of sloth and weakness. I also make my own pizza from scratch. Getting a second-rate pizza from a corporate chain reeks of sloth and weakness as well.

You never hang out with friends watching something like the superbowl and you guys decide to order some pizza?

Being able to order a dry age steak, apps, lobster truffle Mac and cheese, and have it delivered to my door was a life altering experience...btw, this is all code for Carrabba's.

Back