I've never been punched in the face

Libersolis****

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am wanting to experience it at least once though so I can prepare myself for multiple blows to the head/face/chin should I ever train in any kind of striking.

What was the feeling you got the first time you were truly clocked?

Just go to a gym and train. There'll be plenty of guys who would gladly punch you in the grill.

first time i got clocked i saw lights but i just covered up and took massive blows to the head..it was just a fucking sparring session. I can tell you one thing though it hurts like hell the next day. Oh and yeah get proper training.

I've sparred with a guy whose boxed for 2+ years when I was beginning... he was taking it easy on me but I took a good shot to the nose and started bleeding. I was glad it happened, good experience.

the first time always hurts a little bit. eventually it starts to feel good.

or at least, that's what they tell me.

First time I got punched in the face, I had trouble eating, my jaw was all messed up... You'll get used to and, as you grow better, will not be tagged as much as before.

never been knocked out, but what goes through my mind when I get truly clocked is "I probably shouldn't let that happen again."

Consider yourself lucky. Getting punched in the face is not something you should want to go out of your way for. Get 2 pairs of headgear and gloves and invite some friends over for some weekend boxing matches. Do 3, 2 minute rounds or something easy to have some fun. I recommend having a "blood towel" to use to wipe up blood but a good rule is the blood towel can only be used in between rounds. makes for more fun. You can always join a boxing gym/mma gym but it can be great fun with your mates.
cheers'

never been knocked out, but what goes through my mind when I get truly clocked is "I probably shouldn't let that happen again."

id say out of 10 punches i take 9 of them off my forhead because i tuck my chin well, but every now and then i take one square and the same thing goes threw my mind. "i shouldnt try that again"

Consider yourself lucky. Getting punched in the face is not something you should want to go out of your way for. Get 2 pairs of headgear and gloves and invite some friends over for some weekend boxing matches. Do 3, 2 minute rounds or something easy to have some fun. I recommend having a "blood towel" to use to wipe up blood but a good rule is the blood towel can only be used in between rounds. makes for more fun. You can always join a boxing gym/mma gym but it can be great fun with your mates.
cheers'

No don't do this shit. Go to a gym.

cheers'

don't do this shit. Fight only supervised or when you know what to do...

It's really not that bad. I think when sparring or in a match, the adrenaline masks most of the pain. Unless you happen to take one flush on the nose, temple, or jaw. Then things can get a little hairy, and it all comes down to each individual's differing capacity for pain (i.e. glass jaw vs. iron chin).

After awhile you start getting use to the pain. At first though it is a bitch.

It sucks every time, especially if you take it on the straight on the nose.

I think the two that were worst for me were:
A solid shot to the nose, and
A hard shot to the back of the head.

getting punched in the head actually doesn't really matter unless it's on your nose, or a hook to the temple, jaw. Straight punches like jabs and straights, even if they snap your head back just make your neck sore.

but the main thing is blinking If you've never been punched in the head you are going to instinctively close your eyes when someone jabs at you. You're blind for that split second and the guy looks for the openning and goes for the haymaker

If you have access to a double end bag use that, or else have a friend throw a ball at your face and practice not blinking. Lol I know that sounds stupid.

cheers'

better yet...call up the same buddies. go into your closet and find your little league bat. give each of them a chance to tag you at 50% strength and speed. let all of them get a shot too. dont cheat any of em. after their done ask them " is that all you pussies got?"

then comeback here and show us the pics.

and black koala SWEET advice.

I giggled... I love sparring. I just get in kill mode now. I pretty much need to eat something before I get in the right mode.

better yet...call up the same buddies. go into your closet and find your little league bat. give each of them a chance to tag you at 50% strength and speed. let all of them get a shot too. dont cheat any of em. after their done ask them " is that all you pussies got?"

then comeback here and show us the pics.

and black koala SWEET advice.

dont forget to bring a blood towel!

Back