I've lost 100lbs...

Eggs, chicken legs/thighs, ground beef, bacon, frozen vegetables of all kinds, one shaker of montreal steak seasoning. There you go, cheap, easily prepared, and tasty as hell, and that's just scratching the surface.

Sell more drugs and buy all of the above pastured and organic, and you'll be even healthier.

i sell to smoke. i couldn't sell more if i wanted to though

i'm actually not a fan of chicken thighs and legs, i prefer the breast, which is healthier anyway. bacon i gotta steer clear of. I do cook. like i said, i eat steak, burgers (no bun) or chicken breast everyday too. eat a veggie everyday, usually brocolli.

obviously smoking weeds no good but everyone has vices, that's my only one. i don't smoke a lot, just once a day except for the weekends when i smoke like a drug addict. i don't drink alcohol ever, i only drink water during the day, unless i grab a vitiman water, which is rare. no coffee, no anything but water and my one meal a day.

once again, thanks for the input everyone

I went from 285 -> 170 in 7 months or so.. It's been half a year since I've stopped losing weight.. There isn't much you can do for it. Weight lifting and stuff helps some.. but it takes time. Be patient!

I went from 285 -> 170 in 7 months or so.. It's been half a year since I've stopped losing weight.. There isn't much you can do for it. Weight lifting and stuff helps some.. but it takes time. Be patient!

so in the half a year you saw some improvements?

I just want to say that your weight loss is awesome and I admire your dedication. A lot of people don't understand that you can shed fat even with a shitty diet. Especially if you are obese. The most important thing is being dedicated, in my opinion. It might not be healthy, but don't try to tell me that you "can't" lose weight.

Keep up the good work, sir. That sucks about your financial situation. Even with $40 a week, though, you could still buy some vegetables and some cheap meat like chicken breasts. Or some whole grain bread and some sliced ham or something. It is awesome that you are willing to eat one instant dinner everyday for sustenance, but you could probably be happier and healthier with the same amount of money and more cooking/work.

N/t (iphone can't write in English)

Last edited:
I was at 220 a few years ago and now I'm down to 150, this done in about 1 year. I would say wait till you get at your ideal weight. then wait one year or two before considering any type of surgery. Surgery should be your last resort. Depending on how old you are your skin may be able to "bounce back" Did a lot of research on this as I have some loose skin around my belly area as well because of my weight loss but it isn't all that bad. I would also try treatments like thermage and smart lipo before considering going under the knife and leaving a scar. I also have some bad stretch marks that I've been trying to get rid of for awhile. Throwing any type of cream I can get my hands on at it. But like everybody is saying its going to take some time.

congrats bro! no help with the skin, but thats an awesome accomplishment

i will say i am suprised at how many people here have good/productive things to say. only one guy tried making me look like a fool for eating prepared/processed food and for smoking weed. and even he had some good advice.

i'm trying to be a professional fighter or anything, just an average joe who lost control and is trying to make things BETTER, not PERFECT.

all the info, suggestions, and kind words are greatly appreciated. maybe this message isn't fulll of jerk offs...

I had a situation similar to this.. 80lbs in 6 months.

Two routes:

Surgery - Might be worth it, but I'd hold off since you're still losing.

Wait it out - Studies have shown it takes skin 2 years (or more) AFTER you're done losing the weight to fully retract . If it's only been a few months, I'd hold off. Just like weight loss, your skin takes TIME to retract. I suggest using lotions to help. I felt gay having to rub belly down with lotion, but it does help.

I know it's somewhat demoralizing to have some sag after all the hard work, but just remember: You're still a hell of a lot healthier and better looking with the weight off! Congrats!

foods that are good for your skin:

fish (or fish oil)
blueberries
fruits with lots of water, such as watermelon

feel free to add more

i know this. but in all reality, i can't really afford to eat right. if i did i couldn't pay my bills! that was part of the reason i put on so much. i'm fucking POOR!

how does this make sense? you put on weight because you spent too much money on shitty food? if you put on weight, it means you eat too much, which means you spent what little money you have buying too many calories. most "healthy" food has much less calories than shitty food. instead of spending money on too many calories and shitty food, spend that money on better food and get far fewer calories.

it isn't a case of money, it's a case of willpower.

how does this make sense? you put on weight because you spent too much money on shitty food? if you put on weight, it means you eat too much, which means you spent what little money you have buying too many calories. most "healthy" food has much less calories than shitty food. instead of spending money on too many calories and shitty food, spend that money on better food and get far fewer calories.

it isn't a case of money, it's a case of willpower.

when you have 2 or 3 bucks and you want to eat hot food where do you go? McDonakds, Taco Bell, Burger King ect... Bad situations where you're living day to day, paycheck to paycheck. As corny and cliche as it sounds.

And a big part of my weight gain was do to a severly sprained ankle when i was 14. shit was worse than a break. And when I was 19 I broke my hand and that was worse than the ankle, as far as how much weight i put on. Out of work, no money, no workmans comp. Nothing. Broke as hell. Unable to do anything.

TS, it's cool to see everyone trying to help you. I've seen a little misinformation though which I want to clear up. I just don't want you to have false hope.
Your skin will NOT shrink back to fit your smaller size in any way whatsoever. The stretchmarks are permanent. Strength training will help immensely in the arms/legs and chest, but it won't help where the worst of it is... so surgery is your only option if you want to have a nice toned/tapered midsection.

I know this because I lived it. I lost 130 pounds and last summer had what is called a Circumferential Abdominoplasty/Lower Body List. It was a tough, long recovery and very expensive but now I have a totally flat stomach and a 30 inch waist that looks and feels amazing. The scar doesn't bother me a bit. FYI, muscle repair is also involved in this procedure. Your abdominal muscles are stitched together to make your abs nice and tight again. This is something that no amount of strength training could possibly achieve.

As for your diet...I suggest you educate yourself a little more. IT is possible to eat healthy with little money. I did it, and still do it. I spend less than 100 a month on food. If you only have a few bucks then don't eat out--simple as that. For 3 dollars you can buy a whole box of instant oatmeal or 2 dozen eggs or 2 packages of frozen veggies. And with our current technology of plastic containers etc. you can take and make just about anything, anywhere you go. Most workplaces have a microwave, and if they don't get a portable one.

Congrats on your determination to change your life. You only have one. Take care of it.

i don't spend money on drugs, maybe you can figure out how...

and i have a $40 food budget for the week ($5.50 a day). explain how i can eat healthy with 40 bucks a week.

40bucks a week ! Thats quite a lot. I live on less than that. Every month I spend 50-70 bucks on cheap meat in bulk straight from a farmers shop (Have to travel 45mins to get there :/ ) or frozen fish from supermarkets. In the same area I buy about 10bucks of vegetables a week. But then again every 3months i have to shell out 60bucks for 5kg whey protein. Kinda hassle making all my food lol, but it tastes better after my hardwork went into making it lol.

I know what its like having no freaking money, Im on the poor train too :/ damn economy.

40bucks a week ! Thats quite a lot. I live on less than that. Every month I spend 50-70 bucks on cheap meat in bulk straight from a farmers shop (Have to travel 45mins to get there :/ ) or frozen fish from supermarkets. In the same area I buy about 10bucks of vegetables a week. But then again every 3months i have to shell out 60bucks for 5kg whey protein. Kinda hassle making all my food lol, but it tastes better after my hardwork went into making it lol.

I know what its like having no freaking money, Im on the poor train too :/ damn economy.

I do about 15-40 / wk. The 40 is when I need to buy more frozen meats / bulk frozen veggies.

2x eggs per week, 2 x giant spinach bags, a couple cans of kidney beans, broccoli / green beans (frozen), Peppers (red / green / etc), hummus, corn tortilla's.

Thats about it...

3x eggs, peppers, a meat or kidney beans, spinach

then alt - spinach / meat

froze veggies / meat

homemade hummus / kidney bean "tacos"

'm a strong guy and was always a strong guy (used to put 1600 up on the leg press when I was 17. I was about 330 lbs at the time)

Sorry I have to say, you didnt leg press 1600 pounds on any leg press.

Even the high volume free weight machines can BARELY handle that level of loading.

Sorry I have to say, you didnt leg press 1600 pounds on any leg press.

Even the high volume free weight machines can BARELY handle that level of loading.

trust and believe my good man. it was a free weight machine (obviously) and it was pretty much as much as you could put on it. if it was all 50lbs plates maybe it could have fit more, but in the gym i used (YMCA, my school didn't have a gym, it was an "alternative school") we had to take all the biggest plates (50's, 45's, 35's, 25's) to get the weight. everyone in the room had to wait for me to do my lift. my teacher would go around and talked to everyone using free weights (never saw more than 5 other people in there other than our class) and asked them if they wanted to see a 16 year old leg press some crazy weight. everyone was always impressed.

at the time i didn;t really realize how much weight it was and how impressive it was. it was in my nature to not care about anything (reason i got HUGE) so i never thought to take offical numbers down or get video or anything. i haven't been in a gym since i was 17 years old. i wonder what i could do today?

i did over 1600 once, and did a little more than 1400 twice. just for the record

and one time i was unloading the machine and didn't take off the weight evenly. it tipped the fuck over! right into the wall. the only thing that happened was it put a slice in the wall, not even a hole. just a slice as big as the surface you put your feet on to push.

shit was crazy

Back