I've lost 100lbs...

when you have 2 or 3 bucks and you want to eat hot food where do you go?

The kitchen!

I've had to lose weight too and one of the nice side benefits has been the money saved making my own meals instead of eating McGarbage.

The kitchen!

I've had to lose weight too and one of the nice side benefits has been the money saved making my own meals instead of eating McGarbage.

I do cook. The "where do you go to eat when you have $2 or $3" question was a question I asked MYSELF before I lost weight, when I was out of work. It's a big part of why I gained so much weight. Being injured, out of work and broke leads to weight gain. At least it did for me.

I cook steak, chicken and burgers to eat with my pre made food. The reason I eat pre made meals is for variety. I know, I can make this, this and that for the same money. No one wants to eat the same shit everyday. They're not the tastiest meals in the world, but for the amount of fat and carbs in them, I'll deal with it.

Your skin will NOT shrink back to fit your smaller size in any way whatsoever.

Simply not true, as I lived it too, broski, though I didn't take the quick/dangerous route and get parts of me hacked off. I spent years learning about nutrition and exercise, during which time the weight slowly came off, with ups and downs, etc, and my skin is fine. I still have a small amount of fat to drop, but I have no skin issues at all. It just takes time, and by the time it all works itself out, you know far more about yourself, your life, and your own will.

Were you on any diet? and what did you train? I'm struggling myself I've lost 70 pounds in 5 months so i'm approx 262 myself and i figure i got around 40 pounds more to go, but i don't want flabby arms and excessive skin.Any tips or would crunches and all kinda situps work for the stomach? I really don't want to go to a doc to get surgery.

Simply not true, as I lived it too, broski, though I didn't take the quick/dangerous route and get parts of me hacked off. I spent years learning about nutrition and exercise, during which time the weight slowly came off, with ups and downs, etc, and my skin is fine. I still have a small amount of fat to drop, but I have no skin issues at all. It just takes time, and by the time it all works itself out, you know far more about yourself, your life, and your own will.

Agreed. Being down 140lb in total I have noticed my stretches fading, and skin slowly tightening. Credit whatever you want for it - youth (26 years old), diet (meat and veggies, mostly), or supplementation (multi, fish oil), but I can see it happening. At this rate it looks like it'll be another year or two until everything's back in order, but the fact is that it is improving on its own.

Were you on any diet? and what did you train? I'm struggling myself I've lost 70 pounds in 5 months so i'm approx 262 myself and i figure i got around 40 pounds more to go, but i don't want flabby arms and excessive skin.Any tips or would crunches and all kinda situps work for the stomach? I really don't want to go to a doc to get surgery.

Just train and wait. I wasn't on any specific diet back then, I was beginning the process of learning what's healthy, how to cook, and accumulating more and more small slivers of willpower to stop eating shit and learning to love real food.

Over most of the initial time I did heavy weight lifting, mostly gym rat stuff, chest day, leg day, back day, arm day, etc, while adjusting my diet based on where I was in my nutrition self-education. Had a stint with strongman stuff, a little MMA, I was always doing something back then. These days I alternate my years between crossfit and 5x5 squat programs, with martial arts.

Patience, consistency in training, and healthy eating are the keys, the skin will slowly correct itself.

Also, kudos on dropping the weight, it changes your life in ways that most people can't understand if they haven't been there and done it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back