I've lost 100lbs...

CroBot**

White Belt
Reaction score
in the last 2 years, 40 of it being in the last 6 months. I used to weight almost 400lbs. I'm currently at 290. I'm 6 ft tall by the way. Still got a ways to go.

How do I get rid of the loose skin?

'm a strong guy and was always a strong guy (used to put 1600 up on the leg press when I was 17. I was about 330 lbs at the time). I plan on filling my arms and legs with as much muscle as possible so I'm not to worried there, but as far as the gut goes I don't really know what to do. Obviously sit ups and shit like that, but if anyone has any tips let me know.

edit- if this is in the wrong area I apoligize.

Other than surgery, you just have to keep the fat loss going and wait, basically. You can do things to take care of your skin, moisturizers/etc, but I found that to be marginal at best (I've maintained an 80lb loss for several years).

Time and maintaining consistent composition improvements was all that made any real difference for me in terms of loose skin after the bulk of the sludge was gone.

congratulations on the weight loss. very impressive and inspiring. for the loose skin you might have to go the surgery route or else just wait for it to tighten back up

i was actually working with a guy who has lost more than me, about 10 lbs more. his stomach didn't look as bad as mine.

i have been told surgery is the ONLY way to go. this might be the first time i've seen "just gotta wait". i hope thats true. thanks for the input guys

Last edited:
Well, you may not want to hear this, but one way to ease this issue is to SLOW the weight loss. Up caloric intake so you are only losing a pound a week or so.

Skin will over time shrink to fit the mass it is containing. Usually when you see people with a lot of excess skin is when weight loss has been pretty rapid.

I lost 70 lbs over 2 years and had no issues like this whatsoever.

Congratulations.

I'll add +1 to the "just gotta wait camp". I've lost 150lb from my peak, and my skin is still not great from it, however every few months I do notice some improvement.

Well, you may not want to hear this, but one way to ease this issue is to SLOW the weight loss. Up caloric intake so you are only losing a pound a week or so.

Skin will over time shrink to fit the mass it is containing. Usually when you see people with a lot of excess skin is when weight loss has been pretty rapid.

I lost 70 lbs over 2 years and had no issues like this whatsoever.

Congratulations.

yeah, i know i lost it too fast. but when you're getting results you don't want to stop! i'll deal with loose skin over mounds of fat any day.
i'm almost where i want to be, believe it or not. i'm looking to lose about 25 more lbs and start seriously putting on the muscle. 265 isn't what most people consider in shape, and for good reason, but maybe after i put on some muscle i'll be more motivated to lose more weight. i lost too much muscle already and i don't want to lose any more. so i gotta focus on lifting soon. i've been lifting the whole time, but less weight and more reps. not really gaining muscle. plus i'm usually too beat to really go all out.

thanks for the input everyone

Thats such a dramatic loss. Well done sir! The loose skin will tighten up, but since you have such a dramatic loss it could take some time. I'd assume it would be a gradual change over a year or two, aslong as you keep your eating habits and intense exercises.

How did you go about losing that much ?

I dont know about loose skin but I wanted to say congrats bro! You must feel like a new man.

Wow, That's amazing weight loss. Well I think it's partially a time scale thing, you skin is stretched though so may not return naturally, so you may require surgery. I suggest you go and see your doctor after you've lost the remaining weight you want to and see what your doc thinks.

I lost the weight the wrong way. I only eat once a day. I've been only eating once a day for almost 3 years now. It's definetly a double edged sword. But what you might not have guessed, is that it keeps me foucused on eating better and eating less. I can put on 3 or 4 lbs just by eating pizza or chinese food, so that helps me stay clear of pizza and chinese food and other shit like that. I know I should eat about 5 or 6 small "snack" sized meals a day. And once I lose all the weight I wanted to I'll start.

As far as my exercise goes...
I get up in the morning and go for a walk for an hour or so. Then I come home and lift weights for about 30 mins. By that time I'm beat. I go to work. Come home. About 3 hours before I go to bed I go for another hour long walk. This time it's my "relaxing" walk. I smoke weed so this time I smoke half a blunt on my walk, listen to some music, relax... Then when I get home I lift weights for as long as I can take it. Usually about 45 minutes. Then I have dinner.

I usually use a Healthy Choice or whatever tv dinner as the base of my dinner. Some of the dinners have as little as 2% fat 0% sat. fat, not bad. Then I'll add a veggie. Most of the time brocolli because it goes with everything pretty much. I add protien such as a hamburger patty (no bun) or steak or a chicken breast. I justify eating that close to bed by taking my second walk and lifting as close to my bed time as I can. While my food is "cooking" I take a shower, smoke the other half a blunt, and commence eating.

Snack will be either a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios or fat free pudding with fat free whipped cream. Maybe some grapes too. I usually stay up for an hour after I eat.

I know there is sooooo many things wrong with this diet/exercise plan, but I've lost fat, gained muscle and it was quick. Once I lose about 20 more, its time to do it right.

As any fatty will tell you, they want it gone and they want it gone FAST

The fat will actually come off faster if you eat better quality food, you could actually eat more than you do now. It would be better to ingrain the discipline to do so now in order to prevent the eventual yo-yo effect crashing like this will have on you.

The fat will actually come off faster if you eat better quality food, you could actually eat more than you do now. It would be better to ingrain the discipline to do so now in order to prevent the eventual yo-yo effect crashing like this will have on you.

i know this. but in all reality, i can't really afford to eat right. if i did i couldn't pay my bills! that was part of the reason i put on so much. i'm fucking POOR!

i know this. but in all reality, i can't really afford to eat right. if i did i couldn't pay my bills! that was part of the reason i put on so much. i'm fucking POOR!

Take the money you spend on your blunts and instant dinners, and put it towards better food.

I guess that's the price you pay when you bring good lulz.

Take the money you spend on your blunts and instant dinners, and put it towards better food.

i don't spend money on drugs, maybe you can figure out how...

and i have a $40 food budget for the week ($5.50 a day). explain how i can eat healthy with 40 bucks a week.

i don't spend money on drugs, maybe you can figure out how...

and i have a $40 food budget for the week ($5.50 a day). explain how i can eat healthy with 40 bucks a week.

Eggs, chicken legs/thighs, ground beef, bacon, frozen vegetables of all kinds, one shaker of montreal steak seasoning. There you go, cheap, easily prepared, and tasty as hell, and that's just scratching the surface.

Sell more drugs and buy all of the above pastured and organic, and you'll be even healthier.

Back