I've had it with Netflix

No. There’s a lot of good classic content, which is all I watch anyway. From Gunsmoke, the Andy Griffith Show, the Honeymooners, and Dark Shadows to Unsolved Mysteries, Cops, and Forensic Files. There’s a lot of classic British shows too, like Doctor Who and Sapphire and Steele.
Haha, haven't thought about S&S in yonks, my other half actually bought it. I hadn't heard of it before.
I've just found out I have the app so I must have been interested a while back.

I'm more into current stuff like the new Andrew Garfield show and the Hulu show about the chick who talked her boyfriend into killing himself, the show about UBER, Righteous Gemstones, although the paranormal stuff like TAPS which is like 20 years old is getting an airing lately on Discovery +.

And here it is, what people mean when they say it's "woke"

The shows have gays and minorities in them because it isn't 1950. That's not woke lol.

It is because I, as a person of color, can tell when our people are being used by woke leftists to push an agenda. In 99% of the scenarios, there is no need for a person of color or a LGBT to be in the scene. I know the fact I'm not White just backfired horribly on you, but that's your problem.

I was referencing cheese wiz or whatever the hell it's called. I meant to imply you should spend more than $180 on cheese in a year haha, my bad!

606bd11230ea5983efc0c57dc2237555c346876b.gifv

They just announced they are canceling Meghan Merkel's animation show. Needless to say, I will be canceling my subscription now, as this is the last straw!

Disney and Netflix are the worst, followed by Hulu.

Tubi and Pluto are the least woke, have better content than any of the above, and are both completely free. Anyone who pays for streaming apps is a sucker.
Hard to believe they have better content if they are free. I'll give it a look though. I read somewhere that HBO max wasn't too in your face with the woke stuff, yet they also did that terrible watchmen show

I had Netflix in 2011, cancelled in 2012. Never looked back.

Hard to believe they have better content if they are free. I'll give it a look though. I read somewhere that HBO max wasn't too in your face with the woke stuff, yet they also did that terrible watchmen show
Leave Reznor out of this! I gave up on it as well, it started out well, but I think I had Watchmen tinted glasses on.

The most "woke" was the Sex and The City spin off. You're a guy, you're supposed to say it sucked in the first place but what they turned it into was horrendous. The only saving grace was Charlotte's husband and Carrie. So HBO can eat a dick for that.

lol I know, I know.
Interestingly, Justified is helping to cure me. I watched a full season, every episode but one in a single sitting.
One of the best shows ever imo, one of the main reasons I have hulu as well.

It isn’t hard to believe at all if you were born prior to the year 2000. Most of Netflix’s content was produced by television networks which originally aired that content for free.

Tubi and Pluto make money the same way YouTube does, which is the same way network television makes money. Through advertising.

Netflix sees the handwriting on the wall, which is why they are already talking about offering a free (or highly discounted) version of their product with ad service.

I don't know why people are mad about the woke stuff. It's Netflix. You can choose not to watch that part. People were bitching about a manga/anime live action adaptation about a world where men can get pregnant but it's a fucking comedy. It's not meant to be woke or LGBT although netflix is trying to generate controversy with it. It's just some japanese anime shit that is suppose to be funny. If you watch anime then you know there are tons of transgendered characters but their sexuality doesn't define who they are.

I am more pissed about canceling shows after one season or two. Some shows are slow burns and need time to develop.

Leave Reznor out of this! I gave up on it as well, it started out well, but I think I had Watchmen tinted glasses on.

The most "woke" was the Sex and The City spin off. You're a guy, you're supposed to say it sucked in the first place but what they turned it into was horrendous. The only saving grace was Charlotte's husband and Carrie. So HBO can eat a dick for that.
I never really watched it, I've just seen a lot of clips, to see if it's worth giving a chance and it just seems like complete garbage to me. The people on the watchmen subreddit love the show and hate the movie but they're all woke types as well and it puts me off from it even more

I was referencing cheese wiz or whatever the hell it's called. I meant to imply you should spend more than $180 on cheese in a year haha, my bad!
Oh haha can that even legally be considered cheese?
Word, yes there was a bit of confusion there but I totally agree!
There can never be enough cheese!

I never really watched it, I've just seen a lot of clips, to see if it's worth giving a chance and it just seems like complete garbage to me. The people on the watchmen subreddit love the show and hate the movie but they're all woke types as well and it puts me off from it even more
Ah. I loved the movie, and loved the graphic novel. I wanted so much to like it especially with Reznor doing the music but threw the towel in in a few episodes. Shame, I used to get all excited about HBO anything being it's not got parental control but there are so many other services offering colourful language, graphic violence etc it doesn't have the same thrall as the Sopranos days.

Other half came in the other day congratulating me on drunk Amazon purchases, it was Prime subscription automatically comes out once a year rather than anything fancy. It's $150 odd now, I can remember when it was $80. I should really use their streaming service more, it's worth it for quick delivery at least.
Damn it went up to 150 now? Ugh thats ridiculous. They keep scaling back the service.

Damn it went up to 150 now? Ugh thats ridiculous. They keep scaling back the service.
Till I moved to the US you would 90% of the time get next day delivery anyway and you get used to it so it was a necessary thing to subscribe to, but I didn't know it had gone up so much. I don't torrent anymore and there are some decent shows on there I'd rather not do without but $150 a year is pretty shitty city.

It is because I, as a person of color, can tell when our people are being used by woke leftists to push an agenda. In 99% of the scenarios, there is no need for a person of color or a LGBT to be in the scene. I know the fact I'm not White just backfired horribly on you, but that's your problem.
You're being white or not doesn't have anything to do with it. We have to have a reason as minorities to be included in things? Is minorities actually existing in real life not reason enough?

I see 5 or 6 different races minimum just going to work every day. It's not like we're some rare unicorns rarely ever encountered.

It's bizarre how many of you cry tokenism every time about minority inclusion. Seemingly just because minorities are represented in things, not because of a heavy handed message or theme.

That implies we shouldn't see any minority representation unless the content is specifically about that minority group. Which you would then call woke content...

{<huh}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back