Ive Come To The Conclusion

I dunno bro, I'd rather clock someone quick and hard and have a street fight be done than have to finish it on the pavement. I love BJJ and all grappling, but you can't say it's the best stand alone style. BJJ is the best back up plan. If you are in the worst possible situation, then BJJ is what you need. There are better ways to defend yourself though.

I guess we just disagree on what reality is like. If your plan is to sucker punch someone, and that be the end of it, then yeah... but you don't need boxing to help you with that. But I just see alot more tackling, shirt grabbing, than I do boxing going on. I think most guys try to tackle you or go for the bully headlock and punch...

Now if you want to argue boxing plus sprawling, then yes, that would definitely be better. But then we are talking about 2 different arts.

Ok let me explain my original post in simpler terms. I couldnt find a MMA type school. I went into BJJ as a huge mma fan. I thought it be more like mma. I stayed at the BJJ gym for a year and a half. Didnt like it. Found a gym that offers all three phases of combat with qualified teachers for a few dollars less of month. You couldnt pay me to go back to the BJJ school even tho it was a huge name in BJJ with some good fighters coming from the school

That I dont like BJJ only. I dont like the sport side of it. I now know I started BJJ for all of the wrong reasons. I started BJJ because I love mma and couldnt find any mma schools near my house. I have now been training at a gym that offers awesome instruction in boxing, thai boxing and mma. They also have yoga and early morning conditioning classes. I am so much happier in my training now. Anyone else start BJJ and not like it and moved on?

lol, ok?

have fun not doing bjj

Ok let me explain my original post in simpler terms. I couldnt find a MMA type school. I went into BJJ as a huge mma fan. I thought it be more like mma. I stayed at the BJJ gym for a year and a half. Didnt like it. Found a gym that offers all three phases of combat with qualified teachers for a few dollars less of month. You couldnt pay me to go back to the BJJ school even tho it was a huge name in BJJ with some good fighters coming from the school

No offense dude, but I get the same meathead vibe off this post as I got off your first one. It'd be easier for you to say "I just like the idea of training stand up and grappling that is based on an assured chance of strikes being involved". Saying things like "You couldn't pay me to go back..." seems disrespectful to your old instructor.

No offense dude, but I get the same meathead vibe off this post as I got off your first one. It'd be easier for you to say "I just like the idea of training stand up and grappling that is based on an assured chance of strikes being involved". Saying things like "You couldn't pay me to go back..." seems disrespectful to your old instructor.

Didnt mean to come off like that. The instructors were cool. I just dont like training GI bjj by itself.

Back