I've always wondered why not just make the "cage" out of thick Plexiglas.

I made a thread on this a while back.

It would be awesome.

Guys heads would bounce off the hard plexiglass giving us the most brutal knockouts in UFC history and quite possibly the first death inside the octagon.

Also, imagine this move with hard plexi glass.
MJlOu.gif
Or this
OVVNG2a.gif

It'd break his neck.

All we need is blood, spit, snot, and sometimes shit smeared all over a transparent encasing. That's sure to drive up mainstream adoption

the most sensible suggestion that I have heard is to have them fight in an enclosed polymer cage. no air holes.

the point is that the plastic cage becomes a weapon in the fight. more importantly, no more point fighting because there is limited air.

I mean, the UFC is not going to let somebody DIE from asphyxiation. unless ESPN or Reebok or somebody pays extra for that. which thay probably won't. and shouldn't. and probably won't

also, no weapons are allowed into the plastic cage of death BUT, if one fighter happens to have a weapon it is ILLEGAL for the ref (who is outside the cage anyway because they need oxygen) to do anything about it until after the fight at which time the fighter who had a weapon is penalized one point

YAMMA Pit or a ring that is 50x50 with no ropes.

I like Rogan's idea of a basketball court sized matted area with no ropes, cage, or wall. Just have an out of bounds line somewhere to get reset.

They should just make them out of those thorn bushes that they use to try and keep lions out of encampments in Africa.

Why can't we just have an invisible force field there, like in star wars on the USA enterprise?

I'd imagine the only bad seat would be where the door is, and even that you can minimize with small hinges. Drill holes in it so corners can still yell advice to their fighter. But make the holes too small for anyone to grab a hold of, ergo eliminating "grabbing" the fence as a plausible infraction.

Is having the flex of the fence that important? Can't Plexiglas be made to have a comparable amount of give?

I mean, if you really want, you can make it an Octagon to keep that feel, or you can make it a circle.

I'm sure someone has thought of this and there's a logical explanation as to why it hasn't been tried. But damned if I know. Figured the geniuses at the sherbro brain-trust might have some conclusive theories.....
Transporting that plexiglass on a weekly basis, from event to event, would scratch the hell out of it.

Cause having a rock hard surface to slam guys heads into isn't ridiculously dangerous or anything...
This is the biggest reason. The more commonly mentioned fog/bodily fluids is icing on the cake.

Because you'd have impalement and horrible deaths regularly, particularly among HWs.

there is a better solution.

just use technology to create a holographic image of the fighters above the cage in the arena, ala tupac or star wars.

virtual_2pac1.jpg

d41586-018-01125-y_15407516.jpg

That glass doesn't have the same give as a fence...It would be like bashing a guy's head against a hardwood floor buddeh.

2 guys smashing each other against plexiglass will get way too ugly you know

Work against the cage would be a cheese grater for human flesh.

You're an idiot.
Lol, you post in a thread that was wastelanded yesterday, thinking it was the UFC thread on April Fools.....and I'M the idiot?

Sit tf down clown.
<DisgustingHHH>

Lol, you post in a thread that was wastelanded yesterday, thinking it was the UFC thread on April Fools.....and I'M the idiot?

Sit tf down clown.
<DisgustingHHH>

You're an illogical, incoherent moron, whichever forum the post is in.

Added explosives would be a plus...

HarmfulColorfulAustralianshelduck-max-1mb.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back