I've always wondered why not just make the "cage" out of thick Plexiglas.

D'z

Me against 40 of you?...A fair fight! -Big L
@Black
Reaction score
I'd imagine the only bad seat would be where the door is, and even that you can minimize with small hinges. Drill holes in it so corners can still yell advice to their fighter. But make the holes too small for anyone to grab a hold of, ergo eliminating "grabbing" the fence as a plausible infraction.

Is having the flex of the fence that important? Can't Plexiglas be made to have a comparable amount of give?

I mean, if you really want, you can make it an Octagon to keep that feel, or you can make it a circle.

I'm sure someone has thought of this and there's a logical explanation as to why it hasn't been tried. But damned if I know. Figured the geniuses at the sherbro brain-trust might have some conclusive theories.....

Because the blood sweat and body oils rubbed all over it would be awesome

Ahh yes, plexiglass, have sweaty men make the fight non watchable for attendees.

Sweat, blood, sometimes poop, isnt a great mix with plexiglass.

Sweaty ass cracks and such.

But seriously it would be a danger. Head injuries alone. Then all the sweaty people leaning on the cage would be slipping and sliding til a head cracks. And that’s without blood.

Because the blood sweat and body oils rubbed all over it would be awesome
Exactly this.

After the first fight, it'd be a smeared mess of body fluids You wouldn't be able to see shit.

If you could come up with a clear chain link fence, then you'd be on to something.

I've been thinking the same thing since UFC 229. Why not use one of those sturdy glasses? If its sweat then it should be easy to clean it after each fight, right?

Oh nevermind, thank god there's some janitors here who knows their shit.

Ok, so bodily fluids are the reason?
<mma4>

Is there any need to have it something different than the existing setup? What are the reasons for looking for an alternate?

To play devil's advocate, but couldn't they just squeegee clean that shit between every round?

Imagine Kish shitting all over plexiglas. Do you think we’ll get a good view through that? Blood, sweat...Those would be an issue too.

Cause having a rock hard surface to slam guys heads into isn't ridiculously dangerous or anything...

Ive always thought about a clear chain link fence. Maybe out of plex or clear rubber/plex hybrid.

Is there any need to have it something different than the existing setup? What are the reasons for looking for an alternate?
Mostly live events suck because of all the obstructions. That, and grabbing the fence. But really I was just wondering, and "bodily fluids" seems to be the consensus.

Ok, so bodily fluids are the reason?
<mma4>
And glare. And it would pop out of its frame when 600 pounds of heavyweight fighters crash into it.

And those tiny holes drilled in it for corners to talk through? That’s a fucking cheese grater. And if it does crack or shatter, that’s just lacerations for EVERYONE.

I've been thinking the same thing since UFC 229. Why not use one of those sturdy glasses? If its sweat then it should be easy to clean it after each fight, right?
Ever been to a strip club? The girls get on stage and clean the pole and mirrors. The ring girls could do the same haha.

Ahhh... we were due for another one of these threads.

Back