I've always wondered why not just make the "cage" out of thick Plexiglas.

The amount of retards in that thread trying to look cool by saying they want a ring instead of a cage.

<{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}>
They need to let go. If the ring was superior, more would use the ring.

I'd imagine the only bad seat would be where the door is, and even that you can minimize with small hinges. Drill holes in it so corners can still yell advice to their fighter. But make the holes too small for anyone to grab a hold of, ergo eliminating "grabbing" the fence as a plausible infraction.

Is having the flex of the fence that important? Can't Plexiglas be made to have a comparable amount of give?

I mean, if you really want, you can make it an Octagon to keep that feel, or you can make it a circle.

I'm sure someone has thought of this and there's a logical explanation as to why it hasn't been tried. But damned if I know. Figured the geniuses at the sherbro brain-trust might have some conclusive theories.....
Glare, blood, sweat, etc

Good point TS, plexiglass with arianny shaped windscreen wipers

Would be ridiculously dangerous - imagine GnP or takedowns against a plexiglass cage.

Over here tryin' to re-event the wheel and shit.
<Fedor23>

It's all good. This thread is necessary every so often to maintain the natural cycle of Sherdog.

Imagine dudes getting rushed into the plexiglass and geting knocked out lmao

I'd imagine the only bad seat would be where the door is, and even that you can minimize with small hinges. Drill holes in it so corners can still yell advice to their fighter. But make the holes too small for anyone to grab a hold of, ergo eliminating "grabbing" the fence as a plausible infraction.

Is having the flex of the fence that important? Can't Plexiglas be made to have a comparable amount of give?

I mean, if you really want, you can make it an Octagon to keep that feel, or you can make it a circle.

I'm sure someone has thought of this and there's a logical explanation as to why it hasn't been tried. But damned if I know. Figured the geniuses at the sherbro brain-trust might have some conclusive theories.....
It's a nice idea but there's a LOT of reasons why not and I'm guessing people will chip in with some of them (but not ALL of them) before I get back to my computer.. .

Ahh yes, plexiglass, have sweaty men make the fight non watchable for attendees.

Sweat, blood, sometimes poop, isnt a great mix with plexiglass.
give the ring girls a real job and give them a bottle of 409 each, paired up with a window squeege to clean up the plexiglass. Have the audience tip em quarters.

I've always thought a ring was the most aesthetically pleasing but you have to worry about guys falling out or getting tangled up. With plexiglass, there's not give and someone could break their neck slamming against it. Plus, as others mentioned, it would be greasy, bloody and foggy by after the first fight.

I think we are stuck with the octagon. My idea would be to simply get creative with the cameras. I think there should be cameras built into the corners which can move up and down. Also, there should be cameras hanging about the octagon for more shots.

I remember some smaller organization used what looked almost like a mini skate bowl or something... kind of a cool idea, but the promotion was bottom tier and didn't last long.

It's all good. This thread is necessary every so often to maintain the natural cycle of Sherdog.
I'll be sure to make my next thread, about Conor.
<seedat>

This is stupid. Any surface that doesn’t have any give will have someone at risk of breaking their neck. What if you’re rocked and fall towards the edge of the cage and break your neck or hit your head? Or during a scramble? Fighters would be dying all the time.

I remember some smaller organization used what looked almost like a mini skate bowl or something... kind of a cool idea, but the promotion was bottom tier and didn't last long.
Yeah, I forget the name, but I like that one too.

Because it would be a nightmare to clean and would be fogged up and disgusting with body oil blood snot and fingerprints . They would have to get a cleaning crew in between every fight

Back