Economy It's here again the yearly reminder about wage disparity between poor and the rich on Wall Street

The union contract negotiations we had recently were downright insulting. Some ass in HR insinuated the 5% wage increase people wanted (mind you I make 18.77 right now so it'd only be like 50 cents right) was too much and that "you guys are compensated just fine as is right now" to which the Sheriff Deputy union members there were like "THEY'RE PAID AT A RATE THAT IS LESS THAN THE JANITORS MAKE!!!"

I think we ultimately are getting 3% increase across the board with backpay... because oh yeah, our last contract expired end of December 2018.. so my office has been working without a contract for almost 4.5 months.
bruh, i'm a NAF employee, only GS employees (and other Civil Service paygrades) get the so called Annual raise. Granted when the government 'shutdown' i was at work getting paid b/c I'm an essential NAF employee

I've worked here 5+years, granted been promoted twice, but only gotten one 'raise' when Trump first got in and the Generals were stoked or some shit

B/c i'm also a NAF employee my wages are in fact, NOT, paid by taxpayers either despite what many in here seem to think

bruh, i'm a NAF employee, only GS employees (and other Civil Service paygrades) get the so called Annual raise. Granted when the government 'shutdown' i was at work getting paid b/c I'm an essential NAF employee

I've worked here 5+years, granted been promoted twice, but only gotten one 'raise' when Trump first got in and the Generals were stoked or some shit

B/c i'm also a NAF employee my wages are in fact, NOT, paid by taxpayers either despite what many in here seem to think
Public employment is great for the health coverage and shit but the pay grades are ass till you are running a department.

Except that it isnt. Everything IS directly or indirectly related to company investments...Your stock purchase effects a companies value in some way or another which affects investment.

Even day trading did though with the least affect outside of increasing instability...yet, a stock with a very high instability gets labelled with a volatile rating more often which almost always leads to investment being halted or at minimum, decreased.
Everything can be nebulously tied to some company's performance. That's why I'm not saying your statements are wrong, I'm saying the assertion applies to so many things that it can't be meaningfully used to differentiate between any industry.

lol sorry that you hate FACTS and LOGIC and want to make everyone EQUALLY POOR because you don't understand ECONOMICS as taught to me by a Facebook EMAIL FORWARD.

Good to see you coming around. I think it's past time that you change your name to Friedman.

Everything can be nebulously tied to some company's performance. That's why I'm not saying your statements are wrong, I'm saying the assertion applies to so many things that it can't be meaningfully used to differentiate between any industry.

There is no differentials between industries...investment works the same across all industries as the Stock Market and investment rules apply to them all.

If you look up and read about the Brentwood Accords, you will see that the reason why 2nd and 3rd world nations have been able to build up their businesses due to it. the loosening of investments world-wide, and forcing of banks to start investing in nations that sign on, and allow everyone else to trade with them. This is quickly followed by all nations taking part in stock markets allowing investment by everyone, everywhere via stock purchases.

It was a thing much of the non-developed world was missing.

8dbe51f778e34ce9a9cd1784e3c58f65.jpg
Ahh.. The establishment Democrat f
Bootstraps son, get to pullin.

If you’re an able bodied person, and you’ve made it to adulthood, with zero skills of value to society, you’ve made bad choices in life and shouldn’t expect an easy life.

The truth hurts.
Finance adds nothing to society; looking at the big picture. Banks holding peoples money, and taking some, is not a real productive industry.. Not enough to have the power they have.

Finance adds nothing to society; looking at the big picture. Banks holding peoples money, and taking some, is not a real productive industry.. Not enough to have the power they have.

Getting lent money offers a lot to people. It is a service. Don't be foolish. The economy wouldn't exist without them. They loan out the money for a lot of that production.

A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow, that is how banks provide a service.

It's an imperfect system, but I doubt you are going to propose a better one TS. It presumes that you or some small group of experts can determine the value of someones work and then impose it in place of free exchange and it will all work out better. I don't have that much confidence in you or a small group of experts.

Getting lent money offers a lot to people. It is a service. Don't be foolish. The economy wouldn't exist without them. They loan out the money for a lot of that production.

A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow, that is how banks provide a service.
Ok. That's true. The fundamentals of banking are important.

Those closest to the trough get the fattest bellies.

Pretty sure loans add a lot...

Let me put this as plainly as possible. The rich, will always get richer.

Instead of crying about them, worry about yourself.

Pretty sure loans add a lot...

Let me put this as plainly as possible. The rich, will always get richer.

Instead of crying about them, worry about yourself.
There is so much more to finance than loans lol. They have amazingly advanced formulas designed to suckmoney out of the system. They can make their money, but when they collapse the economy, it kind of needs to be paid attention to.

It's an imperfect system, but I doubt you are going to propose a better one TS. It presumes that you or some small group of experts can determine the value of someones work and then impose it in place of free exchange and it will all work out better. I don't have that much confidence in you or a small group of experts.

There was a famous line "A rising tide lifts all boats"
At least this was the idea that if the economy improved it would improve the conditions for all. At least pre trickle down economic line of thinking. Now we have people receiving 650 million dollar bonuses and building 250 million dollar condo's with little being shown for people who are working more hours then ever while seeing the cost of living climb up. I been warning this for over a year that oil prices would become an issue again it's raising its ugly head. Oil prices have climbed up 32 percent this year yet people are happy to receive a 2 percent pay increase. This effects everything I wanted the price for a frozen food item that I bought just 3 months ago go from 3.28 to 3.75 in price. Most people would pay no mind to it but that's nearly a 50 cent increase in price in 3 months or about a 7 percent increase. This is happening across the board milk and just about every product have seen increases some more then other.

"It's an imperfect system, but I doubt you are going to propose a better one TS"

I will take a shot at it how about reworking the way we tax companies in such a way to reward companies who have increased wages by at least 5 percent in a year for workers making under 35,000 dollars a year. Maybe lifting the taxes of stock options rewarded to employee who make under 35,000 a year or creating a scale as wages climb above a set level. Or creating incentives for companies to reward employees by given them tax breaks. Maybe companies that have Government contracts "A lot of companies" give them preference when meeting with them over business. You could take this a number of ways to help the American worker.

edit please remove

Are you sure about that?

Let's also not forget that when they fail on investments they get bailed out.

Wish I could start a company with that kind of security. Especially one in the "service" sector like themselves. You know hand out money and expect money for in return for that hand out. Sounds like a real vigorous position full of heavy lifting labor. I wonder how they make it to retirement age.

If you own and/or are in charge of a company, you can pay your CEO whatever the hell you want.

Let's also not forget that when they fail on investments they get bailed out.

That's not universally true. Plenty of banks have gone under. If you are thinking of the 2008 financial crisis, selected banks were bailed out because they posed systemic risks (ie: if they went under the entire economy might have collapsed) but other, even large and important, banks were allowed to go under.

Wish I could start a company with that kind of security. Especially one in the "service" sector like themselves. You know hand out money and expect money for in return for that hand out.

So what's stopping you? You could totally do this informally at a neighbourhood level to start with. And over time you could grow to be similar to a payday lender, if not an actual bank. You are talking like bankers are some special, protected class and they are not. (well sort of; it's true that there are some things that are reserved for banks, but in return they are regulated) If you were successful with your lending business, I bet you wouldn't even want to turn into a bank because of the increased restrictions and scrutiny that come with it.

Fundamentally, bankers are just a bunch of guys trying to decide where to invest money.

Last edited:

They're coming for the trailer parks now. If you live on a fixed income and you're in a trailer park...

You're going to get shafted. Where else are you going to go?

Damn that video is pretty intense man. Go capitalism........

Damn that video is pretty intense man. Go capitalism........

Being from rural Georgia, USA I've always seen mobile homes go down in value...

I never knew that they were pretty much guaranteed to. :eek:

Back