Its clear..(long read)

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Its clear what the UFC and WME plans are for the LW division but will it work, heres my theory..

Khabib vs mcgregor has been postponed till now to give conor a chance to have an answer for khabibs ground attack, enter dillon danis and conor 2 years of excessive bjj training..we have not see any sparring or striking posts from him since his hiatus all have been about grappling and partying lol.

The thought being conor beats khabib and regains his title and the ufc has there money champ back..as it looks like russia may not be the market the ufc thought it was or khabib the star to take it there..

On the other side we have nate diaz vs dustin poirer my thoughts being thats the ufc wants diaz to beat poirer 1. to steal his spot and momentum and 2.to relegitimize him as title challenger for conors newly won belt..

Reason being to set up diaz vs conor 3 for the LW strap in 2019...the biggest fight they could make ever

This is ofcourse is if everything goes to plan ...khabib or poirer could destroy this plan and it could backfire..this happened already with the UFCs first attempt to stop khabib being champ with the Ferguson match up ( trying to eliminate one of conors two top contenders in one match).. We saw how that turned out

Thoughts?

Diaz definately needs some momentum goin. And Khabib has never been a big draw.

Its clear... (you have to much time)

Um... Poirier got dusted by Conor with little effort at 145. Does anyone believe at 155 it will be much different?

For sure. I think they would catch too much heat for giving the shot to Diaz if Conor gets the strap because LW is so stacked so they need to legitimize Diaz as a contender. And honestly if it doesn't work out like they plan then they have Ferguson in their pocket for a fun fight to throw at one of them

Conor wins and says he wants GSP at 165lbs seems like the obvious next move. The Nate fight can happen any time.

Its clear... (you have to much time)

It really didnt take me that long to come up with this its pretty obvious considering both diaz and conor are returning around the same time suddently..when neither showed that much interest in fighting a couple months ago

Not sure one can have any amount of training that can prepare you for Khabib's ground-game.

If Conor beats kablob I don't see how they could possibly give the shot to Diaz instead of Tony.
Tony will be healed and will obviously be the #1 contender by far.
A win over Dustin in no way could justify Nate being pushed ahead of Tony.

Conor wins and says he wants GSP at 165lbs seems like the obvious next move. The Nate fight can happen any time.

Can it though? If diaz wins here you dont think he'll be screaming at conor and the belt.. 165 isnt even a division yet and causes more problems then it solves making one as several fighters will shuffle and want new contracts for the new division.. I dont see it happening tbh

Poisoning Khabib with plutonium would be an easier thing to do.
I mean bajeyjey won't help Conor against him?

Can it though? If diaz wins here you dont think he'll be screaming at conor and the belt.. 165 isnt even a division yet and causes more problems then it solves making one as several fighters will shuffle and want new contracts for the new division.. I dont see it happening tbh

It can happen any time as long as Conor is huge draw because Nate is never going to say no to the money.

And if Conor basically makes the demand that the only way he fights is if it's for a third belt at 165 I can see it happening.

If Conor beats kablob I don't see how they could possibly give the shot to Diaz instead of Tony.
Tony will be healed and will obviously be the #1 contender by far.
A win over Dustin in no way could justify Nate being pushed ahead of Tony.

Well he would have a win over the number 1 guy who isnt injuried and the last man to beat conor in mma..and took him to the limit in the rematch losing a very close spilt..i had it for diaz.. Tony unfortunately for fucking up the khabib fight...might be seen as unreliable by the ufc or is being punished..considering he wasnt even mentioned or at the presser..but i do agree he should be next..but when does the ufc do whats right..

Too short: Hard to take seriously

It can happen any time as long as Conor is huge draw because Nate is never going to say no to the money.

And if Conor basically makes the demand that the only way he fights is if it's for a third belt at 165 I can see it happening.

Those days are gone for mcgregor..the ufc proved there will to out wait hsi demands..that sitting out shit wont work again...it caused such a shit storm last time..i doubt think it would work again too many vocal guys like nate..lee..Ferguson for them to just let conor do that..

Plus gsp has spoken about 170lbs return and has mentioned in the past he couldnt make anything lower then 170lbs..conors fought at 170 before if the fights being made its at 170

Back