Its clear..(long read)

Those days are gone for mcgregor..the ufc proved there will to out wait hsi demands..that sitting out shit wont work again...it caused such a shit storm last time..i doubt think it would work again too many vocal guys like nate..lee..Ferguson for them to just let conor do that..

Plus gsp has spoken about 170lbs return and has mentioned in the past he couldnt make anything lower then 170lbs..conors fought at 170 before if the fights being made its at 170

Hasn't GSP said before he could make 155?

Conor won't ever be good in bjj unless he sacrifices his strengths in striking, making it an overall negative. Nate took Poirier's fight because it is stylistically the best one for him to take. There is Kevin Lee and Ferguson with bigger claim to the title than Poirier's.

Hasn't GSP said before he could make 155?

He said he could but ideally 170 is were hed be most comfortable body and performance wise..just like 185 he can make 185 but his body goes thru hell

Conor won't ever be good in bjj unless he sacrifices his strengths in striking, making it an overall negative. Nate took Poirier's fight because it is stylistically the best one for him to take. There is Kevin Lee and Ferguson with bigger claim to the title than Poirier's.

Kevin lee lost to ferg..and beat barboza who has lost to everyone else..i do however agree that ferg is next but i thinm the UFC is punishin him for the khabib failure

Clearly they would prefer for Conor and Nate to both win so they can set up the rubber match. But they also have GSP kicking around, and a whole lot of other combos of fights that can be made regardless of what happens.

It could work if Diaz and Conor both win, but if Poirer wins, The Conor/Khabib winner fights GSP

You're giving the current UFC far too much credit for planning ahead.

There is Kevin Lee and Ferguson with bigger claim to the title than Poirier's.

How on earth does Lee have a bigger claim to the title than Poirier? He literally just lost to Ferguson in a bogus interim title fight last year, while Poirier's been smashing guys like Pettis, Gaethje and Alvarez.

With these new WWE style owners..i wouldnt put it past them

I don't know man, WWE would probably have booked Colby vs Tyron instead of Till. Colby already laid a lot of groundwork for the match, generated real heat amongst fans and a title unification bout is way more exciting than what we're getting. They're scraping by and making panic matches they think will drive interest.

Its clear what the UFC and WME plans are for the LW division but will it work, heres my theory..

Khabib vs mcgregor has been postponed till now to give conor a chance to have an answer for khabibs ground attack, enter dillon danis and conor 2 years of excessive bjj training..we have not see any sparring or striking posts from him since his hiatus all have been about grappling and partying lol.

The thought being conor beats khabib and regains his title and the ufc has there money champ back..as it looks like russia may not be the market the ufc thought it was or khabib the star to take it there..

On the other side we have nate diaz vs dustin poirer my thoughts being thats the ufc wants diaz to beat poirer 1. to steal his spot and momentum and 2.to relegitimize him as title challenger for conors newly won belt..

Reason being to set up diaz vs conor 3 for the LW strap in 2019...the biggest fight they could make ever

This is ofcourse is if everything goes to plan ...khabib or poirer could destroy this plan and it could backfire..this happened already with the UFCs first attempt to stop khabib being champ with the Ferguson match up ( trying to eliminate one of conors two top contenders in one match).. We saw how that turned out

Thoughts?

1. I was expecting a novel.(thank you that it's not)
2. Yes, i'm sure it would benefit the UFC more if Conor wins, but he'll still be a cash cow if he loses.
3. They can always do Nate vs Conor 3 and it will sell.
4. The biggest fight would be Conor vs GSP.

If Conor beats kablob I don't see how they could possibly give the shot to Diaz instead of Tony.
Tony will be healed and will obviously be the #1 contender by far.
A win over Dustin in no way could justify Nate being pushed ahead of Tony.
True. But since when has justification been needed for the UFC giving title shots?

It can happen any time as long as Conor is huge draw because Nate is never going to say no to the money.

And if Conor basically makes the demand that the only way he fights is if it's for a third belt at 165 I can see it happening.
That's basically exactly what i think will happen. Even if Conor loses to Khabib, i think they will do Conor v Nate 3 at 165lbs.
So Conor gets TWO chances at becoming a UFC Champ again.

That's basically exactly what i think will happen. Even if Conor loses to Khabib, i think they will do Conor v Nate 3 at 165lbs.
So Conor gets TWO chances at becoming a UFC Champ again.

Thiz would upset me more then. My current theory

The ufc diesnt have to justify anything. They gave nate 2 shots already. They r giving brock insta title shot. If.. And its a big if.. Conor actually takes out khabib, which is a bigger fight than vs nate., i believe Tony will get the next shot assuming he is healthy. They dont have to have a huge thought out plan to do whatever they want.

Back