It's a shame that the UFC has not signed Ben Askren. He would smash Khabib.

2x NCAA national champion is still better credentials than Khabib's Sambo gold

2x Sambo gold. You have a lot of issues with credentials for someone who uses them as his main argument.

This thread should have been about Ben Askren vs. Demian Maia

So what if Askren won a world gold in wrestling, look how he was shooting terrible outside shots vs Santos, he got stuffed each time he tried to get on Santos' hips. Khabib is a better overall grappler though, he could submit Askren.

Askren also said he'd whoop a prime, pre knee injury GSP. Then he left sub competition Bellator for even more sub competition ONE.

Basically, take Khabib's name out of your mouth. He's going to be an undefeated UFC champion, something Askren will never be because he likes wrecking the #1355 guy in the division overseas.

I bet Askren could handle Mendes with ease too, eh TS?

Smash a guy in the weight class below him? Yeah, that would be really fucking impressive.

giphy.gif

Askren has some amazing wrestling credentials and has a solid mma resume, however i dont think he would do well against the top ww's. His standup is nonexistent and his td's are so telegraphed.

He arguably lost to Jay Hieron who was like 0-4 in the ufc and looked like shit agaainst Luis Santos. I think the top ww's destroy him.

I admit I only watched some highlight clips of askren.... but he doesn't seem as dominant as.Khabib. there's just something scary about how strong khabib looks

This. Khabib makes his opponents look like they're fighting a bear in man's clothing.

You don't get it. This is the fight they put on after the card headline is over. That way they can ensure that everyone leaves promptly and they don't need to wait as fans slowly trickle out.
I bet that sounded allot funnier in your head

Back