It's a shame that the UFC has not signed Ben Askren. He would smash Khabib.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib is a poor man's Ben Askren. Ben Askren has won gold at the world's championship in wrestling. That is a much more competitive than winning a gold in sambo especially at the 84 kg weight class, which has historically been one of the most competitive weight class in wrestling.

If Khabib ever tried to muscle around Ben Askren, he would get smashed. Khabib relies a lot on strength, Ben Askren is a real technician. If Khabib ever tried that sloppy double leg takedown on Askren, he would get his neck warped by a stiff crossface.

Its insane that the UFC has not hired this guy. He is probably the best fighter that has not been signed to the UFC. Fedor is a joke so don't even mention that guy.

Lol yeah Fedor is a joke, but Ben fucking Askren is the real deal

Ben Askren is too busy ducking a Luis Santos rematch

Askren is a WW, Khabib is a LW.

implying anyone would pay to watch Khabib vs Askren

I admit I only watched some highlight clips of askren.... but he doesn't seem as dominant as.Khabib. there's just something scary about how strong khabib looks

Askren is a WW.But I think he'd do good if he was in the UFC,likely champion.

Crazy fun fight.
Dana goofing too much has messed it up

Khabib would destroy Askren. People say Khabib has a padded record, he looks like GSP compared to Askren in that regard.

implying anyone would pay to watch Khabib vs Askren

i would

I admit I only watched some highlight clips of askren.... but he doesn't seem as dominant as.Khabib. there's just something scary about how strong khabib looks

watch askren vs koreshekov. such a bad beating there were women screaming in the crowd

askren would probably be very maia like in his approach in the ufc. he is more than happy to lay on you and suffocate you with his wrestling. However IMO he has a very smooth style of wrestling and he uses technique more so than brute strength.

I think the ufc just doesnt want askren to dominate guys they want to promote, like he did with lima and koreshekov in bella.

the ufc is very hard on wrestlers. They got rid of shields for almost no reason and fitch too

Trolls gonna troll.

Its insane that the UFC has not hired this guy. He is probably the best fighter that has not been signed to the UFC. Fedor is a joke so don't even mention that guy.

I was about agree then you had to post this.
<mma3>

Ben Askren Whom I do like lost to Jay Heroin

Khabib is a poor man's Ben Askren. Ben Askren has won gold at the world's championship in wrestling. That is a much more competitive than winning a gold in sambo especially at the 84 kg weight class, which has historically been one of the most competitive weight class in wrestling.

If Khabib ever tried to muscle around Ben Askren, he would get smashed. Khabib relies a lot on strength, Ben Askren is a real technician. If Khabib ever tried that sloppy double leg takedown on Askren, he would get his neck warped by a stiff crossface.

mj-laughing.gif

No doubt Ben has good grappling, but until I see him actually fight some contenders I refuse to think he is some great who would steamroll the WW division and should be champion right now.

I watched Ben Askren finish an arm triangle once. He switched sides to finish by putting one leg in gaurd, then the next, then one leg out and across, and finally the next.

Lucky for him he was fighting some scrub that didn't even try to take guard but instead laid there until Ben was on the other side and finished.

That's not to say Ben can't wrestle, he can, but when he fights the top of the division he won't win making those kind of white belt mistakes.

Back