Elections Italy to vote for Far Right Conservative fascist leader

That's exactly why i'm not sold on her and did'nt voted, this kind of gimmicks may be good to fire up a "small" local crowd, but are going to be an absolute weakness on international level, specially considering there are going to be bunch on nations + EU boycotting her, and she just give them free ammos

Most of people outside Italy will just see a well picked compilation vid of her crazy moments and would never tell she's actually the most well spoken politician here, actually the only that come prepared for journalists traps and roast them back with actual logic, rather than close in defense using some babbling rethoric

Even in this delirant speech, if one focus just on words she's spot on at call out France's hypocrisy and role in Libya destruction/immigrant crisis... years after entire Europe (including french people) still have to eat the effects of France (+Obama) destroying the nation that was the only effective barrier against mass invasion from NA
If facts are exposed France have no high horse to stand on

Problem is she ruined it to play that loud role, guess because either vanity of see bunch of people getting hyped up, or because as a woman that want to play super stronk right leader she feels the need to overcompensate... whatever it is the reason, that side is going to be a disaster as soon enemies will realize that they don't need to have better arguments, when they can just paint her as a loud crazy woman and people will see it that way

To be fair that piece i think was of some years ago, hope she realize with new role these gimmicks would mostly backfire

It's a curious situation, either she big fuck up and the club of cunts manage to paint her as the crazy lady of the neighborhood that deserve to be thrown out even if elected (and maybe somehow replace her with PD, so close to "EUropean values"), or she manage to don't give them more crazy material and expose them for the shits they are wich could be popcorn moment, because lot of europeans outside Italy may agree

I'm not optimistic
But tbh i'm not optimistic on general about European continent, don't buy Meloni is going to be the magic solution
The fevered ranting on a pulpit turns me off on an instinctual level. Like beware, there's a lunatic amongst us.

She's right about Macron, right about migration, right about the value of culture. But her mannerisms during that speech rang alarm bells.

I hope you're wrong about Europe. More and more I'm thinking of going to the old country when retirement happens, but there's problems there too.

Agreed. The first thing I thought about was how hitler took acting/public speaking classes to generate more interest and emotional reaction to his speeches.
Second thought was how awesome it would be to have that chick in reverse cowgirl while she goes off on a tirade speaking angry Italian gibberish.
The fevered ranting on a pulpit turns me off on an instinctual level. Like beware, there's a lunatic amongst us.

She's right about Macron, right about migration, right about the value of culture. But her mannerisms during that speech rang alarm bells.

I hope you're wrong about Europe. More and more I'm thinking of going to the old country when retirement happens, but there's problems there too.

Idk why people keep talking about Hitler when she gets compared to Fascism. It’s about the Italian Fascism, not Hitler’s fascism.

1- The fevered ranting on a pulpit turns me off on an instinctual level. Like beware, there's a lunatic amongst us.

2- I hope you're wrong about Europe. More and more I'm thinking of going to the old country when retirement happens, but there's problems there too.

1- Yes, that's what i'm speaking about
Even if is an harmless gimmick (and actually kinda rare % of her actual screen time), it's off putting if you have a brain and that's what is going to be sold by detractors

Has been useful from the start as small movement up to become first party of the nation, but if she wants to stay on the throne needs to evolve

Hopefully she will keep same contents and straight talk and cut that shit off

2- Was'nt talking on personal one-life perspective, that should be fine unless globalization have some trick in the pocket to drastically change shit up.
Was talking more as long run destiny of the continent thing, to do a parallel we're in a phase that remind me the decline and fall of roman empire, it's something that took decades/centuries, plenty of people lived their life through it just fine and there have been even good leaders here and there, just too little too late

Slow death is tricky, because does'nt corner people into actual reaction, specially considering long times make so that people literally born in the situation and perceive it as normal
Watch french or germans, they got waaay bigger red flags and as we speak they're still sleeping

Large wave usually overwhelm small boat, don't see this elections achieving much more than buy some time

1- Yes, that's what i'm speaking about
Even if is an harmless gimmick (and actually kinda rare % of her actual screen time), it's off putting if you have a brain and that's what is going to be sold by detractors

Has been useful from the start as small movement up to become first party of the nation, but if she wants to stay on the throne needs to evolve

Hopefully she will keep same contents and straight talk and cut that shit off

2- Was'nt talking on personal one-life perspective, that should be fine unless globalization have some trick in the pocket to drastically change shit up.
Was talking more as long run destiny of the continent thing, to do a parallel we're in a phase that remind me the decline and fall of roman empire, it's something that took decades/centuries, plenty of people lived their life through it just fine and there have been even good leaders here and there, just too little too late

Slow death is tricky, because does'nt corner people into actual reaction, specially considering long times make so that people literally born in the situation and perceive it as normal
Watch french or germans, they got waaay bigger red flags and as we speak they're still sleeping

Large wave usually overwhelm small boat, don't see this elections achieving much more than buy some time
What makes you think that Europe is at a point like the fall of Roman Empire?
Fyi: they also say this about the US

I will admit total ignorance here, but when I see someone called a "fascist" now, I am very skeptical.

Is she an avowed Fascist like some of the Ukrainians or is she just a "fascist", because the Establishment Left wants to demonize her?
In this case she is a fascist because this is a @Queen B thread …

What makes you think that Europe is at a point like the fall of Roman Empire?
Fyi: they also say this about the US

I guess could be applied on modern "west" on general, yet would be hesitant do same parallel for the US for a bunch of historical reasons, even if some situations may sound familiar to americans too

Btw if you go read a bit about the changes of roman society going toward the last period of the empire, you will see that barbaric invasions have been just the last strike to a tree that was rotting from the inside for a while

-warning bit wall text-
Long ass period of relative peace/stability making people softer, comfortable and less interested in defend their land, romans caring ever less and less about preserve traditions, progressive loss of original patriotic sense and moral values wich got substitude by greater focus on individuality, demographic fall, new ideologies (in their case early christianity) promoting a way less militaresque/conflictual approach to life (wich leaded to army becoming in most part made of foreigners, as people seen no more meaning in serve as legionary), progressive barbarization of society that end up having lot of citiziens not having roots on italic soil and so no particular interest to protect it (in some cases even feeling to have more in common with invaders, to the point lot of "roman" soldiers joined them rather than fight them), Rome "conceding" to some new populations to occupy peripheral roman territories because they did'nt wanted/could go through the effort to chase them away AND the fact they see in them greater tax profit potential (often straight throwing under the bus populations that were there previously and respected roman laws), sovereigntity of Rome (incarnated by the Emperor) becoming ever more a farce while unofficial powers were the ones taking true decisions, other nations being no more scared of Rome seeing it as an old toothless lion, occasional legit "patriots" that dream of fix shit being usually betrayed and cut out by a system that at that point was designed to keep a constant decline were people in position of power could feed and enrich on the carcass

And probably bunch of other points that i'm now forgetting, essentially Rome gave up lot of what made it become an empire

As much i don't like use a borderline meme to express a complex concept, this shit pretty much sum up whole arc from rise to fall of Rome
9721851_2.jpg

Early romans had it rough and knew to reach pax romana (peace) it took LOT of blood and were willing to pour some more to protect it, late ones took it as boring given shit that should not bother your rich merchant career or something
Does'nt seem much a stretch to me see this apply to modern Europe too

Not that there's much mystical meaning behind it, just similar society paths leading to similar directions

Of course i'm not nostalgic of empires or european nations going asshole colonizer on weaker nations (i'm actually against any unprovoked militar intervention, let alone invasion), but does'nt seems to me current leaders are necessary better, more like they have their projects and will try to push them against sovereignty in same way jackals back then chosen wich puppet Emperor was more profitable to them (or eventually wich Emperor kill to replace with better one)

Last edited:
What a turn of events.

It turns out she is like Liz Truss, very conservative but HUGE Ukraine supporter.

Here she is yelling at Giuseppe Conti (the previous PM) for his suggestion for a ceasefire

What a turn of events.

It turns out she is like Liz Truss, very conservative but HUGE Ukraine supporter.

Here she is yelling at Giuseppe Conti (the previous PM) for his suggestion for a ceasefire

she campaigned as very pro-Ukraine. Her coalition partners less so. She’s been pretty adamant and consistent about it.

Last edited:
The laws that they do promulgate are very on the right side: like a reverse robin hood, taking for the poors for giving to the rich. And Giorgia Meloni (melons) herself isn't this phenomenon, it's the left coalition that 1) are embarrassing, the caricature of good dooders 2) they intentionally lost without putting a minimal struggle like in a wrestling match

Last edited:
At this point, whenever I see the words "Conservative Fascist", the first thought in my mind is the guy isn't an insane piece of shit New World Order cunt. Don't forget, Italy suffered great from the COVID crisis. Probably more than any other country because they had lots of older people and not enough health care professionals. Chinese people were allowed to travel back and forth with no restrictions too because they built some big garment businesses in Italy.

What a turn of events.

What a dumb bitch.

What a turn of events.

Are you a fan now?

Early romans had it rough and knew to reach pax romana (peace) it took LOT of blood and were willing to pour some more to protect it, late ones took it as boring given shit that should not bother your rich merchant career or something

Does'nt seem much a stretch to me see this apply to modern Europe too

This is the most simplistic view of the Roman Empire ever.

EDIT

Didn't realized i was replying to an old message.

Are you Italian? What’s it your business who they elect?

In the not too distant past Italy’s fascist government became a very serious threat to its neighbors and, indeed, Democracy itself. It was in all the newspapers…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...splits-from-partner-after-his-sexist-comments

TELEMMGLPICT000310870983_16977934281690_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqPzMISKvk9ck3TdutHEz8GFlZdTnT29Siy7N6dEE9rjs.jpeg

Italy’s far-right prime minister Giorgia Meloni has split from her partner Andrea Giambruno, a television journalist who has made several embarrassing, sexist comments.

'My relationship with Andrea Giambruno, which lasted almost 10 years, ends here,' Meloni wrote on social media,

two days after two off-air recordings emerged of Giambruno, a presenter on Mediaset’s news talkshow Diario Del Giorno, making foul remarks and suggestive comments towards a female colleague.

The couple have a seven-year-old daughter. 'I thank him for the wonderful years we spent together, for the difficulties we went through and for giving me the most important thing in my life, which is our daughter Ginevra,' Meloni wrote. 'Our paths have diverged for some time and it is time to acknowledge it.'

In the first off-air clip, broadcast by another Mediaset show, Giambruno complains about criticisms of his hairstyle before telling his female colleague: “Why didn’t I meet you before?” In the second recording, he is heard telling a female colleague that they need another participant on the show. “Let’s have a threesome, even a foursome,” he said.

Italy_Meloni_Giambruno_split.jpg

In September Meloni defended Giambruno after he said women should 'avoid getting drunk' if they wanted to avoid being raped. He made the remarks on air after a series of high-profile rape cases. At the time, Meloni said his words had been misinterpreted and that while they were 'hasty', they were similar to what her mother had told her, which was to 'keep your eyes peeled and head screwed on'.

Giambruno’s other on-air gaffes include comments denying the climate crisis. 'Heat in the summer isn’t big news,' he said in July when temperatures reached record-breaking levels in Italy.

Back