Italian mafia vs. Russian mafia.. who would win?

The Italians had trouble with the yakuza. Russia would be too much.

Going to war like two 19th century European countries isn’t really how organized crime works. More about successful income and influence outside of legal means in a particular society.

I feel like the various Italian crime factions are different in that even though they’re very much a part of society in specific places, they’re very much outside of the law whereas with Eastern European organized crime you’re just talking about criminality in general on not so much specific outfits. One could argue that Putin in the Don of Russia.

Sheer brutality (americans might not understand since you guys dont know chechens)

At one point in moscow,chechens took over the city and it took russian groups and kgb/fsb working together to push them back

which shows which group has it in with the government. That is huge power. They got cells and got agents all over the former soviet sphere but most notably ukraine, russia, kazakhstan, uzbekistan, kyrg, and tajik. probably azerbaijan to for oil.

Again Russian mob works with Putin they work assassinations, cyberattacks and espionage together with the Russian government.

Its another level entirely.

It really is its amazing. It is a pretty decentralized though there are many clanish groups within it. The only common unification is Russian language, some type of quasi culture, pursuit of power and money. But there are many educated and former intelligence people in it. Id argue that it has been reformed for the better that Putin and the intelligence groups that helped put him in power and himself and his own ties effectively have rooted out all ´disloyal´ and all groups which run counter towards Putin´s form of ´´Russian nationalism´´´ and expansion of the Eurasian union. There also is the issue of not spilling civilian blood and keeping order in Russia and her eurasian allies. Economics is king and if you really look into it, you find something similar which is the promotion of those loyal to governmental interests, and elimination of those hostile. I am not sure how many other mafia´s in the world act on the interests of a government when asked or willingly. That is not to say mafia is good guys here but i think are one of the better ones in the world to higher degree of loyalty to a cause and people. Similar to the Israeli mafia (heavy russian presence there) and there looking out for jewish interests. Or muslim groups etc. Special place in hell for anyone who sells out their own women and people.
Russian mafia, and it wouldnt even be close.

They are the world´s strongest by far. Even US government officials have stated and considers that. Pretty amazing if you think about it.

my guess would be they would end up working together. Putin and Berlusconi are good friends after all.

Russians have survived Stalin's death squads and starvations, Hitler's etnic cleansings, the Czar's famines,Islamists,Mongols,Napoleon...
Italians would barely survive a subpar dinner with horrible wine pairing.

Well yea but it was seen as an extension of the Bonnanos originally. Being as they were set up my mostly through carmine galante and the expansionist policies of joe bonnano.
And the bonnanos that fled north to Canada where Italian nationals that were washed out of New York. They were also almost wiped out by a French Canadian biker. Their connections to Italy and South America were hardly unique and really where just part of the cogs of the international Sicilian mafia. Saying they were grittier or more Italian than their American counterparts is a leap.
Also the thing you have to remember about assumed incomes, is that they are assumed. The American families (not just New York) are massive and in their peak undoubtedly dwarfed Canada based solely on numbers alone.

I am quite interested where both of you have heard about this about the fizzy toys they actually seem quite shaky compared to the legacies of much of the US families and made moves to take over the Montreal family because of backing from American based families. While they have an interesting story no doubt I don’t see how they could eclipse the US families.

A French Canadian biker almost wiped out the Bonnanos?

I never heard of beef between Québec bikers and the Italian mob.

What was this about?

A French Canadian biker almost wiped out the Bonnanos?

I never heard of beef between Québec bikers and the Italian mob.

What was this about?
Not the bonnanos the Rizzutos
He was an associate who wanted to be the boss and basically started a war that saw the boss get whacked

Called "cartels" and they are subhuman, so no. lol
cartels are actually pretty smart they use recon and computers like the military and have special forces soldiers on the payroll including former u.s military .that is how zetas got started. they also have unlimited funds and weapons. the italians,russians and all the u.s street gangs basically work for them.

I always wanted that guy to come back in a later episode...

Yeh, me too. I did not like Sopranos because they never finished off story archs and subplots. They just leave hanging and then move onto another only to leave that one hanging. We never know what happened to Furio either.

Its like the show just teased the audience all the time with what can be a spin-off or a movie. I just want them to conclude some stories, and characters.

Which Italian Mafia?

The OG Sicilian Mafia? Or the Camorra? The 'Ndrangheta?

xQEbuwS.gif

Back