Italian mafia vs. Russian mafia.. who would win?

Russians are on another level when it comes to ruthless violence.
Not really comparable to any european crime syndicate.

No. But the Russian government, which is so heavily entwined with the Bratva that it's almost impossible to define where one ends and the other begins, has used Nuclear and Chemical agents on the streets of the UK. With lethal results.

The Italian Mob has corrupted city and state officials, but there is a limit to the influence they can exert in America or First World European nations. The Bratva has no such limitations. When the Chechen Mafia tried to move into Moscow, the local Bratva were backed up by FSB agents and police.

Russia is a Mafia State, and Putin is the Godfather.

That Russian guy is still alive, can't say the same thing about Christophah.

You both realize this is a necro'd thread right?

Where outside of Former Soviet Bloc will Bratva have any abilities?

The Bratva, or the some Jews from former Soviet Bloc had set up base in Brooklyn, but were vassals to the Italians. I am not sure if Bratva, and the Jews that tried to set up base in Brooklyn are same thing though, or even if it was exclusively jews.

I hope this vid does mention what happened. I could not watch whole thing to ensure.

You both realize this is a necro'd thread right?

Where outside of Former Soviet Bloc will Bratva have any abilities?

The Bratva, or the some Jews from former Soviet Bloc had set up base in Brooklyn, but were vassals to the Italians. I am not sure if Bratva, and the Jews that tried to set up base in Brooklyn are same thing though, or even if it was exclusively jews.

I hope this vid does mention what happened. I could not watch whole thing to ensure.

Bratva have a strong presence in Germany, Israel, Hungary, Poland, parts of the Middle East and Latin America. In America itself, there are powerful Bratva clans in Brighton Beach, Nevada, Ohio, Washington and Phoenix, to name but a few. The Italians still control their traditional strongholds, but in every way - firepower, ruthlessness, global influence etc - they are second best to the Russian.

Russian mafia > any other mafia

Bratva have a strong presence in Germany, Israel, Hungary, Poland, parts of the Middle East and Latin America. In America itself, there are powerful Bratva clans in Brighton Beach, Nevada, Ohio, Washington and Phoenix, to name but a few. The Italians still control their traditional strongholds, but in every way - firepower, ruthlessness, global influence etc - they are second best to the Russian.

I pretty sure there is no more Bratva in Brighton Beach. I never hear of Bratva in Ohio, Washington, or Phx. I did not even know Russians existed there. I will have to confirm what you are saying of course.

The Italian mob was so powerful at one point our government went to them during a fucking world war for help. They were also involved with assassinating a US President.

And, it’s worth noting that the Russian mob couldn’t make any moves in NYC until the 5 families were greatly weakened. They wrote the book on ‘organized crime’ during Lucky’s reign.

Prime La Cosa Nostra eliminates any other mob.

Southern Italy is the third world - so do not confuse them with Northerners.

The Italian mob was so powerful at one point our government went to them during a fucking world war for help. They were also involved with assassinating a US President.

And, it’s worth noting that the Russian mob couldn’t make any moves in NYC until the 5 families were greatly weakened. They wrote the book on ‘organized crime’ during Lucky’s reign.

You've been watching too many Oliver Stone movies:rolleyes:

Ex-KGB and Spetznaz, many with combat experience in Afghanistan and the Chechen Wars>>>>>>>>>>a bunch of fat Wops:)

Nope

This coming from a guy who used to work for russians in my criminal days ( btw my aunt had ties in the 90s saint petersburg and my cousin is connected)

That said chechens beat both

Montreal Italians > new york eye-talians

I do feel though that people are severely under estimating the Italian mob due to the fact that the New York families have been weakened. Ndragheta or what ever the hell their called are formidable opponents in terms of influence and power. They absolutely hold high positions in government (in Italy) and rake in billions in revenue annually.

Not saying they are stronger than the ruskis but still, let's not use the 5 families as some sort of metric.

Russians are on another level when it comes to ruthless violence.
Not really comparable to any european crime syndicate.
I don't think Russians are actually on another level. Italian mafia can be just as brutal, they also never really followed that whole no harm to women and kids thing fully.

Russian mafia > any other mafia
Not if you consider Cartels mafia.

brains of the italians

Arnold_Rothstein.jpg

220px-Meyer_Lansky_NYWTS_1_retouched.jpg

I don't think Russians are actually on another level. Italian mafia can be just as brutal, they also never really followed that whole no harm to women and kids thing fully.

Not if you consider Cartels mafia.
cartels are traffickers on rent

John Wick

We have video footage of him successfully taking out both at the cost of a puppy and blown up house.

Back