Media It was going downhill for him and he took career altering damage, but Khalil was up 2-1 and won the first 2 rounds on all 3 scorecards

Probs to Khalil. He went for it and hurt Alex multiple times.

However, I do think Alex was fighting arrogantly and as soon as he abandoned the head kick KO obsession he started dominating the fight and finished it in that round.

Khalil gave it his all. True warrior that should only be praised. I know a ton of Syndicate guys and I'll be sending Sherdog's love Khalil's way for his valiant effort and for sacrificing blood for us.
<{JustBleed}>

Last edited:
No chance Alex lost 2 rounds, only the 1st. He started wrecking him from the 2nd on and out, hard. Khalil is a true warrior tho make no mistake.

No chance Alex lost 2 rounds, only the 1st. He started wrecking him from the 2nd on and out, hard. Khalil is a true warrior tho make no mistake.

Khalil landed the most impactful strike of the 2nd round where he countered the head kick Alex threw and almost put him on his ass. That round was very competitive and close but that strike probably leaned it for Khalil overall.

It was going downhill for him and he took career altering damage, but Weidman was winning before that wheel kick.​

It was going downhill for him and he took career altering damage, but Weidman was winning before that wheel kick.​

I honestly don't remember that fight outside the wheel kick and the absolute mauling after, was he really up?

I honestly don't remember that fight outside the wheel kick and the absolute mauling after, was he really up?

I think some of this fans were saying this.
Vaguely, from what I remember, it was a close competitive fight.

I don't get Roundtree winning either round 1 or round 2. He was expending a lot of energy but he wasn't doing anything. Pereira was clearly stalking him and picking his shots much better. I had Pereira up 2-0 after 2 rounds.

I could understand both rounds were relatively close, but 2-0 Roundtree after 2 seems insane.

I had Alex up 2-0 but I agree Alex losing the 2nd round is insane. The only thing Roundtree did in round 2 was land that kick at the very end of the round, but that shouldn't be enough to steal it.

I had Alex up 2-0 but I agree Alex losing the 2nd round is insane. The only thing Roundtree did in round 2 was land that kick at the very end of the round, but that shouldn't be enough to steal it.
Stealing a round shouldn't be a thing, if you lose 4 of 5 minutes one thing should be able to sway it unless it's a near finish and even then should you still be able to "steal" the round?

Last edited:
Nobody else could have did that to Khalil. He fought him to his strength and beat him. He’s beatable but nobody else could beat him at his own game like that.
Except for Johnny Walker. We talk about Alex being big, but Johnny Walker is massive for the division. Too bad he didnt' have a chin on him and also bullshitting too much in the cage, which I think was a lot of his downfall as well.

He did great ! Until he got the absolute shit knocked out of him and had career changing damage. Yeah Khalil did good though!

Back