It seems to me Dana is feeding injured or fighters without camp to Connor

Bullshit. If Conor would have lost, he'd still be a draw because of his loudmouth, Irish following and Dana White would feed him compromised fighters with established names to rake in the dough and build his "Killer legacy." You can call horse shit all you want, but even UFC fighters feel this way. Not only Sherdoggers. Once Conor grows too big for his shoes, Dana will finally match him with a real fight, Conor will most likely lose, and then they can regain control of him. Right now, Dana is thinking cash, but that won't last long once Conor starts demanding more money and promotion rights, THEN watch, he'll fight a real fight and lose. Conor was seriously challenged by a 2-week Mendes for chrisakes. I think Conor has heart and talent, but the UFC made sure he didn't face Frankie Edgar. At least with Aldo they can say he lost to a virtually undefeated champion, it doesn't really tarnish him. I'm not even saying that Frankie would beat Conor, but that at least with Frankie, he stands a very good chance of losing.

Right. Sure he was:

Conor-McGregor-punches-Chad-Mendes.jpg

So challenged.

Bullshit. If Conor would have lost, he'd still be a draw because of his loudmouth, Irish following and Dana White would feed him compromised fighters with established names to rake in the dough and build his "Killer legacy." You can call horse shit all you want, but even UFC fighters feel this way. Not only Sherdoggers. Once Conor grows too big for his shoes, Dana will finally match him with a real fight, Conor will most likely lose, and then they can regain control of him. Right now, Dana is thinking cash, but that won't last long once Conor starts demanding more money and promotion rights, THEN watch, he'll fight a real fight and lose. Conor was seriously challenged by a 2-week Mendes for chrisakes. I think Conor has heart and talent, but the UFC made sure he didn't face Frankie Edgar. At least with Aldo they can say he lost to a virtually undefeated champion, it doesn't really tarnish him. I'm not even saying that Frankie would beat Conor, but that at least with Frankie, he stands a very good chance of losing.
Ok I stand corrected. THIS is the biggest load of horse shit I've ever read. Conor is the draw he is now because he is the champ and can headline/carry PPV's. If he lost to Aldo that means no belt, which means not headlining PPV's. Which means less money. Conor bet that he would beat Aldo and the rest of the FW division. If he lost he loses all credibility and mystic Mac does off. Your bias is clouding reason

"durrrrr....urrrrrrrrrrr...durr?" - OP

Conor is obviously ducking by intentionally scaring his opponents into pulling out.

13 second fight proves nothing except that 6 oz gloves mean anyone can be KO'd by anyone. JDS "slaughtered" Cain in the same manner, and we all know how their rematches went.
A heavyweight overhand bomb is different than predicting the exact punch and sequence, practicing the extract punch and sequence (on camera) and performing that exact punch and sequence at featherweight.

But go ahead, call a expected punch and sequence of fighting "luck" and compare to a simple lucky bomb landing.

He fought a guy who went through 2 camps....I say fought because I don't think I'm allowed to say blew out of the fucking water.

Great thread title. Why doesnt dana just shut down the events? Why try to find replacements? Its a conspiracy!

A heavyweight overhand bomb is different than predicting the exact punch and sequence, practicing the extract punch and sequence (on camera) and performing that exact punch and sequence at featherweight.

But go ahead, call a expected punch and sequence of fighting "luck" and compare to a simple lucky bomb landing.

lol get the fuck out of here with that prediction bullshit. I didn't call it luck either, jesus Sherdoggers really do represent MMA fans badly if they're this stupid

You think Mendes was the only one not 100% prepared?
Guess what, McGregor had an ACL tear 14 weeks before the Mendes fight and couldn't practice grappling, wrestling nor spar a lot.
One would think, people following the sport of MMA, who are active on a forum would have known this by now.
Thats 3 and a half months before a fight. Some fighters don't even begin training that early for a fight.

But all that so called hype would have been nothing if he lost to healed-up-not-rattled full camp Aldo. Even if you are right he fought the p4p and he bodied him. Hype or not that happened.

Full-camp Aldo got obliterated by Conor. So ... STFU!

For your annual message and contribution here on Sherdog this was pretty lame

Gtfo. Give his props to Conor for accepting a fight fifteen fucking pounds over against a terribly dangerous opponent. Then gtfo.

Conor's an excellent fighter who has been aided by luck.

I still think he's probably the best Featherweight on the planet, and not buying that Frankie Edgar is a guy he's ducking.

I think he's probably better than most lightweights - even though his power doesn't play up as well there. His speed and movement *are* revolutionary things and I think they keep him as an elite lightweight.

Can he beat RDA? Probably a push. More to do with RDA than him. Can he beat Khabib? Matching them up - I think Khabib uses him as a mop. he's the one guy in that division who is an atrocious fight for Conor. As a welterweight we're getting super-pushy. Lawler and him should be fun, but Thompson would *obliterate* him.

So long story short - probably a top 5 guy *legitimately* in the lower weight classes, but there are a couple of guys I think give him serious problems and or dominate him depending on matchups.

Kind of important to not get caught up in the hype or the hate..

How is Dana intentionally feeding injured fighters to Conor? Aldo injuring his rib and RDA injuring his foot is out of Dana's control.

Conor has only shown that he doesn't care who he fights or when he fights. When Aldo got injured, Chad Mendes was the worst stylistic match up for Conor besides Frankie Edgar. Also look at the RDA situation. Conor is fighting at 170 now instead of 155. The guy is an animal.

Active on a forum? Ha, I wish I had the energy to post a face palm meme.

Given that it has been discussed a lot on here, I was assuming that people couldn't miss it. Apparently I was wrong.
You always get so cranky when you're low on energy. Here, have a Snickers. :D
giphy.gif

Thats 3 and a half months before a fight. Some fighters don't even begin training that early for a fight.

Yes, this is when it snapped. How long do yo think it takes people to recover form a torn ACL? Do you think they can recover while going through a training camp as they usually do? Sources claim he was 100% two weeks before the fight.

lol get the fuck out of here with that prediction bullshit. I didn't call it luck either, jesus Sherdoggers really do represent MMA fans badly if they're this stupid
"Prediction bullshit" except in a interview before the fight Conor explained exactly how it would go and it happened. Wether you think it's "bullshit" (Known as denial to smart people) or not, it happened and Aldo got starched.

Think about it. Dana doesn't let any opportunity pass to feed McGregor with easier fights.

Mendez... on short notice not too difficult fight for him. Boosting his image and hype after win.
Now, said he offered fight to Frankie while many claim Dana knew he was injured - injured Frankie would also be easy fight for Conor. Considering how Dana reacted in interview saying this is business and hinting when opportunities present themselves you should take them - only suggests he really wanted Frankie to take the fight even injured.

Nate... whatever some may think of him, he had no fight camp, he is at huge disadvantage. On paper easier fight for Conor yet again.

McGregor has proven himself he is willing to fight, willing to fight the best but we rarely get to see him fight the best at their best.
If you can't even spell Conor then FOH

this is no easy fight. not as tough as RDA with camp but still Nate is a tricky fighter
the sub is there
9mWhRb.gif

Back