It seems to me Dana is feeding injured or fighters without camp to Connor

Conor should just refuse to fight replacement fighters like every other champion in the UFC, and Dana should encourage him to do so. Both of them get bashed on for putting together a fight the majority of the MMA fan base wants to see. How dare they.

it's not Dana or Conor's fault that RDA got hurt.

Edit: neither Mendes* or Diaz are easy stylistic fights for Conor. A wrestler or a boxer with a great chin are not easy fights for Conor.

*who was out of shape, but I doubt Dana knew if he was or not, it's not like you could tell he was out of shape by looking at him. He looked in shape. I thought he had a good chance until he went for one takedown and was breathing through his mouth.

Last edited:
There was no pressure for Conor going into the fight. Even with his boasting, there was already a built-in excuse "Aldo was the reigning champ for ten years so Conor did well considering..."

With Aldo, he's got ten years of pressure building against a fighter he clearly knows, the UFC would prefer to have champion than himself. It's no win for Aldo, when the company you work for doesn't want to back you, as is the case with Frankie Edgar.
Biggest load of horse shit I've ever read on this site. Conor had no built in excuse. He called out the whole division especially Aldo. If he felt short and lost he would have never heard the end of it.

And there's rumors that if he beats Nate he's going to fight Robbie next...This sums up McG's career. Being fast tracked and getting hand picked fights that suit his style. The UFC knows it's only a matter of time before he gets exposed and want to milk every cent they can while he's still relevant

Maybe he's milking haters like you who tune in, in the hope he gets beat.

Conor should just refuse to fight replacement fighters like every other champion in the UFC, and Dana should encourage him to do so. Both of them get bashed on for putting together a fight the majority of the MMA fan base wants to see. How dare they.
We want to see then fight in the same condition.
Well prepared with a full camp.

We want to see then fight in the same condition.
Well prepared with a full camp.

When a fighter pulls out 2 weeks before you don't get that luxury. Basically people are just pissed because they didn't pick Cerrone. Any other fighter would have not be "well prepared"

So I think it's super important to point out that this is not something that Conor is doing it's something that's happening to him.

A lot of fighters would just turn down short notice opponents where there's little benefit, Conor doesn't. That's admirable.

That being said, yea I mean of course a late notice opponent is going to be less prepared.

When a fighter pulls out 2 weeks before you don't get that luxury. Basically people are just pissed because they didn't pick Cerrone. Any other fighter would have not be "well prepared"
Couldn't care less who is he fighting in though
I want both fighters properly prepared

this forum should require you be a certain belt before making threads, such a fuckin joke.

Mother fuckers would rather Dana cancel the fight than watch Conor win again lol.

Mother fuckers would rather Dana cancel the fight than watch Conor win again lol.
Jones (arguably the best P4P ever) refused a fight against a smaller fighter who is the easiest possibly stylistic fight for him.

Conor takes two fights against people who are legit challengers, and people talk shit about him.

Oh, the old just because he got knocked the fuck out doesn't mean Jose couldn't have won if he didn't get knocked the fuck out excuse.
I didn't say that. I said it doesn't mean Conor slaughtered him. Learn to comprehend people's words

Is this Conor's 4 or 5th short notice opponent? Almost as much UFC fights he has
I could see it either way. The fights also made sense at the time though. Especially the Nate fight. Most sensible replacement given the circumstances.

Biggest load of horse shit I've ever read on this site. Conor had no built in excuse. He called out the whole division especially Aldo. If he felt short and lost he would have never heard the end of it.

Bullshit. If Conor would have lost, he'd still be a draw because of his loudmouth, Irish following and Dana White would feed him compromised fighters with established names to rake in the dough and build his "Killer legacy." You can call horse shit all you want, but even UFC fighters feel this way. Not only Sherdoggers. Once Conor grows too big for his shoes, Dana will finally match him with a real fight, Conor will most likely lose, and then they can regain control of him. Right now, Dana is thinking cash, but that won't last long once Conor starts demanding more money and promotion rights, THEN watch, he'll fight a real fight and lose. Conor was seriously challenged by a 2-week Mendes for chrisakes. I think Conor has heart and talent, but the UFC made sure he didn't face Frankie Edgar. At least with Aldo they can say he lost to a virtually undefeated champion, it doesn't really tarnish him. I'm not even saying that Frankie would beat Conor, but that at least with Frankie, he stands a very good chance of losing.

Is this Conor's 4 or 5th short notice opponent? Almost as much UFC fights he has
That's an interesting statistic. Take away his KO of Aldo and his resume isn't that impressive. With that KO he has the goat aura.

Your lucky Conor has the balls to take a short notice change of opponent so us fans have a fight to watch

Every other fighter on the roster would have waited for RDA to heal and not risk his title shot

But you think there's a conspiracy

Back