It May Be Time For Knuckles To Vacate Or Be Stripped...

What would really be fair is make an interim belt and anyone who beats Romero for the interim belt can come fight Whittaker. Nobody deserves that belt unless they can survive and beat Romero.

source.gif
So you want Whittaker to be the first pro fighter with another pro fighter as his bodyguard????

Dwelling on the footnote that Whittaker's last fight wasn't technically a "defense" and ignoring the main fact that he once again beat the single most dangerous fighter in the division in his last fight is ridiculous and incredibly petty. The "belt" doesn't actually mean anything and taking it from Whittaker now would just make it mean even less.

Level of competition > belts and meaningless stats any day hence why no one cares about Demetrius Johnson's "record" because more than half of his defenses were against complete cans
Everything you just said was bullshit. Belts = promotion = money.
DJ is a p4p great. You can't convince me that he only fought cans. At least not any less than our other p4p GOATS. It's just that he was pretty boring, personality wise, and no one in that division got any pop. Smaller fighters are harder to sell.

Besides, everyone would agree that Robert would get an opportunity to take his belt back as soon as he gets healthy shouldhe cboose to. He'll be automatically #1 contender. Cruz pulled it off. I'm starting to think his supporters aren't as confident in his abilities as they claim. Hence why they always bring up Yoel. And yes he did beat Yoel 2x, no opinion, straight FACTZ.

Not a Yoel Romero thread. Don't care about him in this situation. He came in heavy for sure, but that fight should have been against Rockhold and it should have been 4 months earlier. Now we are again in a situation where a Feb fight is being rescheduled until June or later. We are also looking for ways to keep Kelvin and Isreal active. The most likely way is for them to fight each other for a bullshit belt. I'm also starting down that road of feeling like telling us that Knuckles is scheduled for a fight is just as good as telling us Thanos has signed with the UFC to breath life into the flyweight devision.
Off topic. But why was Rockhold getting another shot in the first place??? And people complain about what Adesanya doesn't deserve.

According to reports Whittaker may be out until somewhere between June to October. I gotta say if this is the case it may make sense to strip him. I understand the seriousness of his injury, but you gotta figure he won the belt in July 2017 and it is yet to be defended. That's more than 700 days by June 1 and 2 full years if it makes it to July. Dom was really injured too and he vacated his belt (even if coaxed/ forced by the UFC) because he new he was going to be holding up the devision and as such costing the UFC money.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...el-adesanya-kelvin-gastelum-yoel-romero-fight
That would be true but you are arguing a straw man by not mentioning that he made weight and handily beat Romero in a hematch a year after, therefore OBVIOUSLY only making it one year (365 days if you are a retard and go by days like you do to try and make it seem bigger) since he last fought

This is a clear case for an Interim belt, which I am sure they will do, as it is in their best interest to have two champs per division as this means twice the amount of title fights.

I know your post was just trying to trigger people, but I hope this clears it up for anyone who was nearly about to board your retard train

What would really be fair is make an interim belt and anyone who beats Romero for the interim belt can come fight Whittaker. Nobody deserves that belt unless they can survive and beat Romero.

source.gif

"Everybody do the Swole Samba! Swole Samba, everybody!"

Sooooo now it's Whittaker's fault that he fought a cheater who tried ducking his real weight class and couldnt make weight?
It is never Roidmeros fault.
It was "contaminated susubstances" fault Roidmero failed a drug test.
It was Tims fault that Roidmero got kod and had to sit on the stool for 3 min.
Now it's Roberts fault Roidmero got whipped twice and missed weight.

They should just hand Roidmero the title and be done with it.

Stripping Whittaker makes no sense if UFC was a pure sport, but business-wise it can happen. Whittaker is not a popular champion, hes is not very charismatic, hes just tough as nails and very skilled. Would like him being promoted more, i respect the hell of the guy.

Last edited:
The difference between all those is as has been stated, his *opponent* failed to make weight.
And he failed to make it to the octagon in Feb 18 and now again in Feb 19. He's not able to be active as champ and the belt is just sitting.

Whittaker last fought on June 9th, 2018, and was attempting to defend his title. It was not his fault that his opponent missed weight and turned it into a non-title fight. If he comes back in June 2019, that's a year off which is about as long as I'd want between defenses, but if it's longer, an interim might be in order.
Good post

And how is that Rob's fault? Why should he be stripped because his challenger fucked up?
The champ turned up, and he was on weight. Piss off with your bullshit.
You're skipping over the fact he pulled out of the Luke fight, fought once in 2018 and now pulled out of the Gas fight and may not fight until the end of this year.

So what? He's the best in the division, you have to wait for him. Crowning another champ takes away all the meaning and is completely pointless.
Now it doesn't or he wouldn't even be the champ. We would have been waiting for GSP.

Off topic. But why was Rockhold getting another shot in the first place??? And people complain about what Adesanya doesn't deserve.
I'm guessing they were just looking for a big name for him.

And he failed to make it to the octagon in Feb 18 and now again in Feb 19. He's not able to be active as champ and the belt is just sitting.

Yes but what you're disregarding is he would have defended his title had Romero made weight in June 2018. Why should he get punished for his opponents mishap, it was literally 5 months later as well. You're being silly!!

You're skipping over the fact he pulled out of the Luke fight, fought once in 2018 and now pulled out of the Gas fight and may not fight until the end of this year.

What's the difference between Whittaker and Holloway of last year? Do you think Holloway deserved to be stripped?

He defended against Romero, stopped with the bullshit that it doesn't count as a defense, it was a 5 round fight against the #1 contender while he was champ.

"Defend or vacate" only applies to fighters that Sherdoggers don't like. Whittaker can sit on the belt for the next 2 years, apparently. <Lmaoo>

According to reports Whittaker may be out until somewhere between June to October. I gotta say if this is the case it may make sense to strip him. I understand the seriousness of his injury, but you gotta figure he won the belt in July 2017 and it is yet to be defended. That's more than 700 days by June 1 and 2 full years if it makes it to July. Dom was really injured too and he vacated his belt (even if coaxed/ forced by the UFC) because he new he was going to be holding up the devision and as such costing the UFC money.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...el-adesanya-kelvin-gastelum-yoel-romero-fight
He did defend his belt, his opponent failed to follow the rules but he fought and won. Maybe an interim is justifiable. BW had an interim which Barao even defended, if I remember correctly

Back