It May Be Time For Knuckles To Vacate Or Be Stripped...

Interim title makes sense.

giphy.gif
That's right all you can do is shake your head and be disappointed that the belt is not being contested. You probably wanted to say eat a dick or fuck you or something not post a gif that agrees with me

According to reports Whittaker may be out until somewhere between June to October. I gotta say if this is the case it may make sense to strip him. I understand the seriousness of his injury, but you gotta figure he won the belt in July 2017 and it is yet to be defended. That's more than 700 days by June 1 and 2 full years if it makes it to July. Dom was really injured too and he vacated his belt (even if coaxed/ forced by the UFC) because he new he was going to be holding up the devision and as such costing the UFC money.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...el-adesanya-kelvin-gastelum-yoel-romero-fight
<Dylan><Dylan><Dylan><Dylan><Dylan>
he fought in June 2018

That's right all you can do is shake your head and be disappointed that the belt is not being contested. You probably wanted to say eat a dick or fuck you or something not post a gif that agrees with me

giphy.gif

Yes and Khabib needs to be stripped too.... if they dont fight within 4 months strip them all and they get next shot on return when they feel like fighting.

fuck em

This new UFC is slow as molasses as of late because champs are picky non fighting injury prone prima donnas.

I started watching when guys fought 3x a fucking day. Fan friendly

I know you soy boys want your heroes to milk it for all it's worth but I have zero emotional attachment to any fighter. Just want to see them bang as often as possible

Last edited:
I'm not talking about fault, I'm talking about actuality. We haven't seen the MW belt contested in more than a year. It's not his fault that he's injured (again) and it wasn't Dom's fault that he kept getting injured. It wasn't Tony's fault that he messed up his leg, but he was still stripped of the IC and bumped back down in the title race.
Behind all else this is a business and as such you have to do what is necessary to keep it moving forward.

The difference between all those is as has been stated, his *opponent* failed to make weight.

No Yoel should have been more aggressive, but that's old news. It's simply we are not seeing the MW belt in contention because Cain... I mean Rob is out again. No fault of his own.

Ya but saying he hasn't defended it since 2017 is disingenuous. Which is why I made my remark.

It's been 2 years already since he last fought Yoel? Damn I needa quit smoking pot

I'm not talking about fault, I'm talking about actuality. We haven't seen the MW belt contested in more than a year. It's not his fault that he's injured (again) and it wasn't Dom's fault that he kept getting injured. It wasn't Tony's fault that he messed up his leg, but he was still stripped of the IC and bumped back down in the title race.
Behind all else this is a business and as such you have to do what is necessary to keep it moving forward.
And how is that Rob's fault? Why should he be stripped because his challenger fucked up?
The champ turned up, and he was on weight. Piss off with your bullshit.

Nah fuck that conor got to be champ for how long without even defending

Dumbest thread of the day. He did not "defend" his title because cheater Romero couldn't make weight. That's not Whittaker's fault. What you are saying is that if e.g. Gastelum didn't make weight and they still fought, Whittaker would still have to be stripped because he didn't defend his title. Please try and think a bit before posting something like this. If Whittaker is out until June, it will be 1 year since he last fought which obviously should count towards him being active and fighting even if Romero can't make weight because he's too juiced up.

Not a Yoel Romero thread. Don't care about him in this situation. He came in heavy for sure, but that fight should have been against Rockhold and it should have been 4 months earlier. Now we are again in a situation where a Feb fight is being rescheduled until June or later. We are also looking for ways to keep Kelvin and Isreal active. The most likely way is for them to fight each other for a bullshit belt. I'm also starting down that road of feeling like telling us that Knuckles is scheduled for a fight is just as good as telling us Thanos has signed with the UFC to breath life into the flyweight devision.
Just ignore the fact that Yoel smashed Rockhold.

According to reports Whittaker may be out until somewhere between June to October. I gotta say if this is the case it may make sense to strip him. I understand the seriousness of his injury, but you gotta figure he won the belt in July 2017 and it is yet to be defended. That's more than 700 days by June 1 and 2 full years if it makes it to July. Dom was really injured too and he vacated his belt (even if coaxed/ forced by the UFC) because he new he was going to be holding up the devision and as such costing the UFC money.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...el-adesanya-kelvin-gastelum-yoel-romero-fight
You are that type of guy uh?...
This thread need to be closed.

Lol, so you're using the technicality that his fight with Romero wasn't a defense because ROMERO fucked up?

Nah, that's not petty at all

<36>

He fought like 9 months ago though. Stripping him is pointless because everybody still knows he's the best. The next person to hold the belt after Rob is stripped would be a paper champ. Waste of time, just wait a few months and he can defend, not a big deal you little bitches.
<{cruzshake}>

11 months after winning the belt because he got hurt. He is now not going to fight until at least a year from that date because he got hurt
So what? He's the best in the division, you have to wait for him. Crowning another champ takes away all the meaning and is completely pointless.

Back