It May Be Time For Knuckles To Vacate Or Be Stripped...

I think you guys are all missing the point. You are all ignoring where I said I understand the seriousness of his injury and agree it's not his fault. I just don't feel sorry for this people. I think it's time they UFC becomes more like boxing and post mandatory defence periods and if they are missed the belt is vacated.
If we want to play the game of fault Whittaker has now pulled out before each scheduled title defence he agreed to and is on pace to fight once a year or less. His treatment and care for his body is not the UFC's, the fan's, the sponsors or his coaches responsibility IT's his fault.
Feel free to flame the above comment but know that I have said many times I don't care about these fighters beyond their ability to entertain me. The took a job and I'm only interested in them when they are doing that job. If they can't do it sub someone else in.
Again, you ignore the fact that his opponent missed weight for their title fight. This is obviously a troll thread and if you are being serious, you must lead an extremely sad, pathetic life and "fans" like you are toxic to this sport. Ignored

Was this one of those Yoel beat Rob type of threads disguised as a threat about him being stripped?
No Yoel should have been more aggressive, but that's old news. It's simply we are not seeing the MW belt in contention because Cain... I mean Rob is out again. No fault of his own.

Whittaker last fought on June 9th, 2018, and was attempting to defend his title. It was not his fault that his opponent missed weight and turned it into a non-title fight. If he comes back in June 2019, that's a year off which is about as long as I'd want between defenses, but if it's longer, an interim might be in order.

I think a year off is plenty reason to strip and or award an interim title. We get used to champs fighting max 2 times a year but fighters are capable of much more.

I'm not talking about fault, I'm talking about actuality. We haven't seen the MW belt contested in more than a year. It's not his fault that he's injured (again) and it wasn't Dom's fault that he kept getting injured. It wasn't Tony's fault that he messed up his leg, but he was still stripped of the IC and bumped back down in the title race.
Behind all else this is a business and as such you have to do what is necessary to keep it moving forward.

We know you aren't talking about fault, but you should be. The belt wasn't defended on a technicality that involved the contender disqualifying himself. The key thing is that Whittaker fought the number one contender.

What would really be fair is make an interim belt and anyone who beats Romero for the interim belt can come fight Whittaker. Nobody deserves that belt unless they can survive and beat Romero.

source.gif

I couldn't disagree more. He is a 2x failed contender who missed weight twice in big fights.

Again, you ignore the fact that his opponent missed weight for their title fight. This is obviously a troll thread and if you are being serious, you must lead an extremely sad, pathetic life and "fans" like you are toxic to this sport. Ignored
Nope didn't miss that at all. Yoel missed weight for the fight that took place 11 months after the belt was won. The belt took that long to be contested because Rob pulled out of an earlier fight with Rockhold. Rob is again seriously injured meaning the belt goes uncontested yet again. Like I said I do like that boxing has firm rules around title defence schedule.

Nope didn't miss that at all. Yoel missed weight for the fight that took place 11 months after the belt was won. The belt took that long to be contested because Rob pulled out of an earlier fight with Rockhold. Rob is again seriously injured meaning the belt goes uncontested yet again. Like I said I do like that boxing has firm rules around title defence schedule.
Yeah, Bobby hasn't been busy.

We know you aren't talking about fault, but you should be. The belt wasn't defended on a technicality that involved the contender disqualifying himself. The key thing is that Whittaker fought the number one contender.
The reason I compared him to Dom is because that fight took place 11 months after he won the belt because he pulled out of an earlier fight. Now here we go again. It may not be Rob's fault, but it's also not the fan's fault.

Sooooo now it's Whittaker's fault that he fought a cheater who tried ducking his real weight class and couldnt make weight?

As far as cheating is concerned, Yoel Romero is one of the best.

He tells everyone when he wants to leave his seat.

Yoel Romero tells everyone when rounds begin and end.

Yoel Romero will tell everyone how much he weighs.

Yoel Romero will tell everyone at what time the weigh-ins begin.

Yeah one of sherdogs logics that doesn't seem to change. The ole Robs not the proper undisputed champ BS and conveniently leaves out Yoel missing weight.

As far as cheating is concerned, Yoel Romero is one of the best.

He tells everyone when he wants to leave his seat.

Yoel Romero tells everyone when rounds begin and end.

Yoel Romero will tell everyone how much he weighs.

Yoel Romero will tell everyone at what time the weigh-ins begin.
Not a Yoel Romero thread. Don't care about him in this situation. He came in heavy for sure, but that fight should have been against Rockhold and it should have been 4 months earlier. Now we are again in a situation where a Feb fight is being rescheduled until June or later. We are also looking for ways to keep Kelvin and Isreal active. The most likely way is for them to fight each other for a bullshit belt. I'm also starting down that road of feeling like telling us that Knuckles is scheduled for a fight is just as good as telling us Thanos has signed with the UFC to breath life into the flyweight devision.

I hope they strip him so they can sell me a redemption story line when he comes back. If not, I'd be equally compelled by an interim belt.

Amazing how much of a fuss people make over Romero missing weight by 0.2 lbs. That was a title fight in everything but name. Fans will consider it a title defense looking back.

According to reports Whittaker may be out until somewhere between June to October. I gotta say if this is the case it may make sense to strip him. I understand the seriousness of his injury, but you gotta figure he won the belt in July 2017 and it is yet to be defended. That's more than 700 days by June 1 and 2 full years if it makes it to July. Dom was really injured too and he vacated his belt (even if coaxed/ forced by the UFC) because he new he was going to be holding up the devision and as such costing the UFC money.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/...el-adesanya-kelvin-gastelum-yoel-romero-fight
bj-penn-gif-not-bad-GIF.gif

Amazing how much of a fuss people make over Romero missing weight by 0.2 lbs. That was a title fight in everything but name. Fans will consider it a title defense looking back.
I know what you are saying because by the fight night they both are far heavier than that, but 1 rules state on weight or no title and 2 my comment has nothing do with Yoel

Pussy move framing your "argument" like this TS.

Real pussy move.

giphy.gif
How often has he fought? Ive got one fight since winning the belt in 2017. Have I missed a couple

Back