Issues dating women in their 30s online. Anyone else?

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am 36 and currently dating a 26 year old, but I had to mention how frigging annoying it was to attempt to online date women in their 30s. I'm not even talking camera tricks with weight, although that's always something to be mindful of, but women looking way worse in person than their pictures seems to be a huge issue once they are in their 30s. I can't count the dates where the woman just had rough skin and looked like they could pass for my mom even though they were technically younger than me. They didn't take any deliberately deceptive photos, but they were just much older when you saw them versus a current picture of them. Why is that?

At one point, I briefly changed my Tinder and Bumble to say I was 25 to match with younger, but I felt too guilty about lying. But its frustrating as hell to match with someone seemingly good-looking and then be disappointed by how they truly look in person.

Last edited:
Because you wouldn't have gone out with them if they didn't post a pic from 10 years prior

That’s why I took a chance on 18 and it worked out perfectly.

Because you wouldn't have gone out with them if they didn't post a pic from 10 years prior

It's not even a camera trick though. It's completely current pictures. Like I ended up Facebook friending some even after wanting nothing to do with them based on looks, and their current photos make them look better than seeing them in person. I always thought people look better in person versus pictures, but that's clearly not the case.

Is it possible to look worse in real life than in pictures these days with the level of camera tech on modern cellphones?

Seems like some kind of chicanery IMO.

Is it possible to look worse in real life than in pictures these days with the level of camera tech on modern cellphones?

I was hoping for some scientific explanation or at least someone else that has experienced this. Women's skin just looks rougher in person and they don't look nearly as good

I’ve always notice single women in their late 20’s early 30’s that have never had kids or married look great. Women the same age that have had kids, previously married or both looked aged.

I guess motherhood and marriage are significant age factors.

I was hoping for some scientific explanation or at least someone else that has experienced this. Women's skin just looks rougher in person and they don't look nearly as good
Well there are scientific explanations aplenty for why pores become more evident and skin less supple and lustrous with age.

Not sure why this doesn't seem apparently to you from (current) pics vs reality, unless as noted, chicanery. Or maybe you're just being picky? Who knows what you look like IRL vs your pics?

I’ve always notice single women in their late 20’s early 30’s that never had kids or married look great. Women the same age that have had kids, previously married or both looked aged.

I did have dates with 2 10 out of 10s that were 30. No kids, although the one was married once. She said it was a sexless marriage, which I cannot imagine not fucking the living shit out of her on a regular basis.

I am 36 and currently dating a 26 year old, but I had to mention how frigging annoying it was to attempt to online date women in their 30s. I'm not even talking camera tricks with weight, although that's always something to be mindful of, but women looking way worse in person than their pictures seems to be a huge issue once they are in their 30s. I can't count the dates where the woman just had rough skin and looked like they could pass for my mom even though they were technically younger than me. They didn't take any deliberately deceptive photos, but they were just much older when you saw them versus a current picture of them. Why is that?

At one point, I briefly changed my Tinder and Bumble to say I was 25 to match with younger, but I felt too guilty about lying. But its frustrating as hell to match with someone seemingly good-looking and then be disappointed by how they truly look in person.

Please stop dating women online.

Why don’t you holler at girls in public places like us black, mixed, and Hispanic guys do?

I’m not handsome or very successful but I have some beautiful women in my life (out of pity?) from just talking to random women in public places and being kind and friendly.

I used to date women online but they were all jaded Gross bottom of the barrel women. You have to wonder why hotties need to find dates online. They don’t, many are just hookers and overweight strippers.

Plenty of aps will do a lot of automated editing so you don't need to be a photoshop master.

Well there are scientific explanations aplenty for why pores become more evident and skin less supple and lustrous with age.

Not sure why this doesn't seem apparently to you from (current) pics vs reality, unless as noted, chicanery. Or maybe you're just being picky? Who knows what you look like IRL vs your pics?

That's fair. I was discussing this with a 25 year old female friend, and she said that nobody looks as good as their pictures. It was just surprising to me.

i remember when i got on facebook and started seeing all of my old female classmates. i am in my 40's (late 30's then) and so many of them looked much, much older than me. i specifically remember one girl i had hooked up with a few times. i thought her picture must have been her mother. she looks like she is in her 60's. a few of them held up well, but most lost there looks somewhere between graduation and facebook.

I’ve always notice single women in their late 20’s early 30’s that have never had kids or married look great. Women the same age that have had kids, previously married or both looked aged.

I'm 31 now and the women I find most attractive are late 20s-early 30s who haven't had kids and go to the gym and look after themselves, just really well put together women.

i remember when i got on facebook and started seeing all of my old female classmates. i am in my 40's (late 30's then) and so many of them looked much, much older than me. i specifically remember one girl i had hooked up with a few times. i thought her picture must have been her mother. she looks like she is in her 60's. a few of them held up well, but most lost there looks somewhere between graduation and facebook.

Totally agreed. Aging has made me feel good to be a man. I get confused for being in my 20s. Women I see in their 30s could often, as you say, be confused for their mother.

It's never a current picture!

That's fair. I was discussing this with a 25 year old female friend, and she said that nobody looks as good as their pictures. It was just surprising to me.

I for one look better in person. I photograph like shit. Go figure.

I dunno.
I did online dating when I was in my mid30s (dating same age or very slightly younger).
I found they matched their pics pretty accurately.
Only twice I was significantly disappointed. Plus, twice they were WAY better looking than their photos. So, perfect balance.

I dunno.
I did online dating when I was in my mid30s (dating same age or very slightly younger).
I found they matched their pics pretty accurately.
Only twice I was significantly disappointed. Plus, twice they were WAY better looking than their photos. So, perfect balance.

I'm glad it worked for you. I did have one 38 year old that blew away her pictures, but it was usually the other way around.

Back