Israel seems to be handling this well for someone who used to talk about GOAT status

The Champ Champ shit is what sabotaged him. That's why I never got why he was doing it in the first place. They thought Jan was an easy way to another title. I blame the Costa hype more than anything. The guy was never that good and when Izzy did what he did people forgot the Romero dud and the Kelvin war.

The Champ Champ shit is what sabotaged him. That's why I never got why he was doing it in the first place. They thought Jan was an easy way to another title. I blame the Costa hype more than anything. The guy was never that good and when Izzy did what he did people forgot the Romero dud and the Kelvin war.

He literally won both those fights still. Find me a "GOAT" candidate who never had a close fight on their record?

I'm not saying Izzy is a GOAT contender, he's very very far from it but that argument doesn't hold weight when he still won both the fights you mentioned.

Fedor, Anderson, and GSP are probably the most common 3 that come up for GOAT talks and all of them have multiple losses.

Izzy isnt out of talks because he lost ONCE at a higher weight class.

That said, no modern fighter imho is going to ever be taken seriously in GOAT talks as its much harder to look impressive against today's fighters than it was to look good in ye olden days

amderson silvas legacy is well and truly tarnished. when did he last win a fight.

Facts. When was the last time a male champ got more than 5 title defenses? Last I recall it was Mighty Mouse, and out of all the champs I think only Usman will have a lengthy reign.

Agreed Usman has best chance of long dominant reign, but his style and zero charisma will keep him out of GOAT talks.

Agreed Usman has best chance of long dominant reign, but his style and zero charisma will keep him out of GOAT talks.
I see him having a decent reign, probably around 7 or 8 defenses. He is 33 and I doubt he'll be fighting until he reaches his 40s. When he wraps up his career he might surpass Matt Hughes as the second best WW of all time. No way he becomes double champ though.

I see him having a decent reign, probably around 7 or 8 defenses. He is 33 and I doubt he'll be fighting until he reaches his 40s. When he wraps up his career he might surpass Matt Hughes as the second best WW of all time. No way he becomes double champ though.

I would bet Usman beats Adesanya if they fought

But they wont

Back