Israel is getting the Conor treatment

Never understood why people complain when the UFC gets behind a fighter with serious potential. We want the most hyped up and exciting fights possible, and the fact that they got behind Israel made that fight 100x more anticipated

Before the fight he was going to have his hype train derailed by Kelvin, and now it's "he hasn't fought ___"
Maybe you want the most hyped fights, but they're insulting me with giving popular fighters the easy path. I'd rather have proven fighters instead of trending/marketable fighters. It cheapens the accomplishments and makes it more like WWE than actual fighting when you're handed everything and given the most favorable matchups.

Kelvin was a great matchup for Adesanya for the fact that he wasn't a larger guy like the rest of the top fighters. He's also short fighter with a short reach. He also isn't a strong grappler/wrestler. Yet Kelvin still managed to make it a fight with a guy who was supposed to easily defeat him...

Reminds me a lot of the Dan Hardy treatment.

LOL at some of these opinions. Anything less than complete destruction and a victory is worthless. It must nice to be an ultimate hater because when the eventual loss comes, you get to pat yourself on the back and say, "told you so." You're so smart.

Poor Jacare, he destroyed the guy that beat Kelvin vs Israel and arguably beat Kelvin as well and know he is is fighting an unknown, he have been up there for a TS since 2015 and still he haven't been able to get one.

There is definitely a thing I don't get about striking in mma. How come that an elite kickboxer like Adesanya, who has proven himself in some of the best kickboxing organisations in the world, got tagged like this in what was actually a pure kickboxing match against a stocky wrestler like Gastelum ? <HisEye>
#1 It wasn't a kickboxing match
#2 Gastelum has some elite skills and coaching

I think this guy gave a pretty good break down of their matchup. Take a listen. Less than 10 min.

To say Kelvin was a favorable matchup is dumb after last saturday, same with Andy. Adesanya is just too slick with his stand up and if he forces you to bang he'll Ko you.

He kinda did get the hype train derailed by Kelvin if we’re being honest. Not saying it was all negative of course, he showed heart and toughness and did manage to win the fight, but it took years off his life and I don’t see him beating Rob or Yoel.

Took years off his life? lmao Get real. It wasn't that bad.

Derek Brunson outwrestled Yoel Romero in their fight ya'll blow me with this bullshit

Dana obviously had a hard on for him since the beginning. Just like Conor, they gave him favorable match-ups since the beginning against guys who didn't have that great of wrestling. I just find it weird how he didn't have to fight Weidman, Jacare, Romero, or even Paulo Costa and he has an interim belt.

Great fighter, but jeez they are really pushing this guy. Want to see him against one of those guys to see if he truly is elite.

Jacare was offered the fight that Anderson took and turned it down.

There is definitely a thing I don't get about striking in mma. How come that an elite kickboxer like Adesanya, who has proven himself in some of the best kickboxing organisations in the world, got tagged like this in what was actually a pure kickboxing match against a stocky wrestler like Gastelum ? <HisEye>

Because getting punched in the face happens and Kelvin even managed to land a head kick, don't you watch MMA.......

That was for the title. I said he didn't fight a single wrestler before getting a title shot.

For the title? Mendes never held a UFC title...?

Last edited:
Never understood why people complain when the UFC gets behind a fighter with serious potential. We want the most hyped up and exciting fights possible, and the fact that they got behind Israel made that fight 100x more anticipated

Before the fight he was going to have his hype train derailed by Kelvin, and now it's "he hasn't fought ___"
They'd rather we had no excitement and that one of these future stars lost to a guy in the tail end of his career therefore leaving us with no fresh title challengers, morons.

Conor fought 2 current champions in his first 4 fights.
Favorable matchups smh lol

When fighters get more popular they automatically get more hate. Is nornal.

They didn't push him fast he pushed himself fighting so much!

Its still far from Conor treatment though...

When you come to UFC and for your very first fight Dana borrows you his ferrari, Goldie says "this guy comes in with HYPE!" every 20 seconds, and UFC organizes a 10000$ fan contest for a poster of you, then youre getting a Conor treatment...

Yoel will pick him up and dump him on his head.

I actually like Israel.

Nah, I remember people favoring Vettori, Tavares, Brunson and Gastelum over Israel. Now, you're rewriting the story.

Those names are pretty laughable considering he is interim champ in a division with Romero.. Whitakker.. Rockhold.. Weidman.. Jacare and even Costa

Back