Israel is getting the Conor treatment

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Dana obviously had a hard on for him since the beginning. Just like Conor, they gave him favorable match-ups since the beginning against guys who didn't have that great of wrestling. I just find it weird how he didn't have to fight Weidman, Jacare, Romero, or even Paulo Costa and he has an interim belt.

Great fighter, but jeez they are really pushing this guy. Want to see him against one of those guys to see if he truly is elite.

Yeah as much as i love Izzy, he did kinda shoot up the rankings way too quick for my liking.
At least he actually got the interim belt in the end though, if he lost the fight that would have complicated things. I am curious though how a jacare, weidman, romero, costa fight would go.

I say match him up with Romero. The winner of that fight is more than deserving of a title shot.

Never understood why people complain when the UFC gets behind a fighter with serious potential. We want the most hyped up and exciting fights possible, and the fact that they got behind Israel made that fight 100x more anticipated

Before the fight he was going to have his hype train derailed by Kelvin, and now it's "he hasn't fought ___"

Nah, I remember people favoring Vettori, Tavares, Brunson and Gastelum over Israel. Now, you're rewriting the story.

Never understood why people complain when the UFC gets behind a fighter with serious potential. We want the most hyped up and exciting fights possible, and the fact that they got behind Israel made that fight 100x more anticipated

Before the fight he was going to have his hype train derailed by Kelvin, and now it's "he hasn't fought ___"

Because it screws guys like Tony out of title shots. I just want to see if he is for real and I think one of those guys will really push him.

Lmao so now the guys he beat were not good enough for him? Wtf and he fought those guys you listed you would have said he didnt deserve them.

Wtf is up with these haters. You wanted him to fight all those guys? He has 6 fights in ufc.

Nah, I remember people favoring Vettori, Tavares, Brunson and Gastelum over Israel. Now, you're rewriting the story.

Who? He was the favorite in every single UFC fight he has had besides Tavares which was split.

izzy.png

Conor had horrible style matchups though
Brando-Pretty high level BJJ black belt with power in his hands(all Conor losses by submission)
Holloway-Solid pressure fighter and striker, fresh off beating Bermudez(imo)
Poirer-Black belt, has wrestling, really good striker and heart of a diamond
Mendes- Best Wrestler in the division,on steroids, ko power in both hands
Aldo- Divisional GOAT and BJJ black belt, aswell as legendary striker
What part of those were easy style matchups? Mcgregor getting a easy style matchup his whole career is a false narrative.
If you want to go further
Nate-Zombie with great cardio with a Black belt second degree
Eddie, KO power, wrestling and tremendous heart and resilience aswell as cardio
Khabib, Big strong wrestler with solid cardio and solid grappling

What part of those we’re easy matchups? Most were stylistic nightmares

Anyway Adesanya is fresh blood in a division that has been dominated by the same guys, it’s fun to have something new in there even though I feel Jacare deserves the TS more.

Newsflash. He'll get wrecked the first time he fights one of the true elite MW's.

If that's the Conor treatment then every fighter gets the Conor treatment
No one takes out every other contender for a title shot

Adesanya has a few top 10 wins and is now getting a title shot
Normal

Those are odds.

You see, this is what I'm talking about:

I can easily just make the argument that I remember people saying Israel was going to win all of those fights too.

The reality is that apart from this Gastelum fight which was insane, he got pretty favorable match ups. Might not of seemed like it at the time, but its pretty obvious.

Dana obviously had a hard on for him since the beginning. Just like Conor, they gave him favorable match-ups since the beginning against guys who didn't have that great of wrestling. I just find it weird how he didn't have to fight Weidman, Jacare, Romero, or even Paulo Costa and he has an interim belt.

Great fighter, but jeez they are really pushing this guy. Want to see him against one of those guys to see if he truly is elite.
Most of those guys are aging and probably In the twilight of their career.

It makes no logical sense matching up against opponents who might win, take some of that hype while also not being In a position where they'll be around much longer.

Not hard to see why they'd want the future to carry the torch of the division. Currenly, that's Whittaker, Israel and Gastelum.

I can easily just make the argument that I remember people saying Israel was going to win all of those fights too.

The reality is that apart from this Gastelum fight which was insane, he got pretty favorable match ups. Might not of seemed like it at the time, but its pretty obvious.
I mean. They did it perfectly really. That's how you build up a fighter.

Wouldn't have made much sense to match him up against Jacare or Yoel earlier In his career.

Put a fighter In a position where he'll attain his full potential Is the play.

yup, shenanigans

11 of brunsons 18 wins are by knockout...if you wanna say styles make fights, uriah hall has a lot of the same attributes as israel and he got knocked the fuck out by brunson in under a round. whos he lost to, anderson silva, jacare, yoel romero and robert whittaker? gosh brunson must be a fucking can

obviously israel got past anderson for his interim shot, against kelvin, who could knock anyone out

yeah sure guys like jacare are more deserving but giving israel a shot isnt unreasonable considering usual ufc practises. conor got his shot after fighting siver, who i dont think was even ranked at the time, its not the same thing

It's certainly true that Israel has had a favorable path to the title. But it's also true that he fought a legit wrestler (Brunson) before receiving a title shot, whereas Conor didn't fight a single wrestler before getting a title shot.

Dana obviously had a hard on for him since the beginning. Just like Conor, they gave him favorable match-ups since the beginning against guys who didn't have the great of wrestling. I just find it weird how he didn't have to fight Weidman, Jacare, Romero, or even Paulo Costa and he has an interim belt.

<mma4> Can't really disagree with all that ^^^ although I do think Israel looks to be a more versatile fighter than Conor and looks far more willing to defend a belt I feel more secure into backing Israel than I ever did McGregor who also got a red carpet ride to a belt and never officially backed up his belt with a title defense, one can consider the Khabib fight was his 1st unofficial title defense and we can see why now no title defense.

That's the one thing about fighting out front with a belt, you can no longer hide flaws & holes it's a "who's next position". no more hop scotching & leap frogging. Adesanya looks more willing to go about it than tweet about it like Conor...

Conor had horrible style matchups though
Brando-Pretty high level BJJ black belt with power in his hands(all Conor losses by submission)
Holloway-Solid pressure fighter and striker, fresh off beating Bermudez(imo)
Poirer-Black belt, has wrestling, really good striker and heart of a diamond
Mendes- Best Wrestler in the division,on steroids, ko power in both hands
Aldo- Divisional GOAT and BJJ black belt, aswell as legendary striker
What part of those were easy style matchups? Mcgregor getting a easy style matchup his whole career is a false narrative.
If you want to go further
Nate-Zombie with great cardio with a Black belt second degree
Eddie, KO power, wrestling and tremendous heart and resilience aswell as cardio
Khabib, Big strong wrestler with solid cardio and solid grappling

What part of those we’re easy matchups? Most were stylistic nightmares

Anyway Adesanya is fresh blood in a division that has been dominated by the same guys, it’s fun to have something new in there even though I feel Jacare deserves the TS more.
So you're saying that Conor's nightmare matchup is anyone who has good striking, wrestling, or cardio? You do realize how crazy you sound, right? And no one is going to take you seriously when you have another man as your av.

Back