Israel Adesanya opens as heavy favorite over Jan Blachowicz

If that's a heavy favorite... Then we live in diffrent dimensions..

Izzy's resume would be close to khabib level if he beats Jan

Isn't that "heavy" for the 185 legend Style Bender... was expecting over 3 to 1 to say the least. -250 is pretty good to jump on Izzy before the casuals eat it up.

If memory serves Jan is rarely the favorite as of late. Is normal.

Izzy only has a slight reach advantage here, and his opponent has more than enough power to put him out. I understand the speed advantage here for izzy, but he's looked beatable at times with lesser competition especially compared to a well timed puncher like jan.

This seems like a good time to put money down.

People sleeping on Jan. So long as he stays tight defensively, I think he has a great chance of winning.

Jan seems like a cool guy but I can never forgive him for what he did to my boy Rockhard. Rooting for Izzy.
Rocksalt has fans? Are you female?

If you're a fan of Street Fighter 2...

Street-Fighter-2-UFC-fighters-01b-copy.jpg

Pretty crazy odds. Izzy does not look like a big MW, and Jan is a unit. If Jan fights smart, and can eat a few shots,I believe he can grind a a decision or late stoppage. Definitely taking those odds

Those who know, know.... Izzy is going to style on Jan and make it look EASY.

If Jan was slightly faster there could be some merit to dropping a coin on Jan, but as it is, Jan moves like a blob of molasses compared to Izzy and will end up getting outstruck.

Jan should be at like +400 or something.

He moves slowly compared to everyone, but he still keeps winning

He moves slowly compared to everyone, but he still keeps winning
I don't think Jan was that much slower than Rockhold and Reyes, although those two guys aren't primarily known for their speed either.
Izzy on the other hand moves and evades like a fighter 2 classes below him (plus his counters and strikes, in general, are so precise to the point if Izzy connects, it will pretty much lead to the opponent ending up KOed).

It would be easier for Jan if Izzy was just fast but had pillow hands but nope. He just had to possess Conor's touch of death as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back