Israel Adesanya opens as heavy favorite over Jan Blachowicz

Man once in the pocket ..Jan doesnt telegraph those fuking weird left hooks/jabs he throws.So dangerous even if he is bit slow.Good timing.He has mean leg kicks as well and decent ground game.I will put some money on him for sure

Thats a good point but Reyes is the only good counterpuncher hes really fought besides Santos who knocked him. Izzy can counter a jab like Whittakers who is much faster and better at using angles and hiding it. I dont think theres anything technical about Jans game that Izzy hasnt seen before (kicks or punches). Its just his power really

The thing is that jan himself has become a counter puncher. He countered manuwa, countered Anderson's leg kick, was baiting and countering reyes until eventually just banging it out in the pocket.

The more I think about it, the more I have no idea how this will play out, but I'm certain that it won't look like Izzy vs yoel or izzy vs. costa.

Jan is one of the best fighters izzy will have fought, right up there with whitaker. Hopefully he doesn't have a shit game plan like Whittaker had. I do think jan can play the outside kick game himself and potentially counter Izzy's leg kicks. We'll see. It's an interesting fight.

Man once in the pocket ..Jan doesnt telegraph those fuking weird left hooks/jabs he throws.So dangerous even if he is bit slow.Good timing.He has mean leg kicks as well and decent ground game.I will put some money on him for sure

Exactly. If izzy tries to stay on the outside and go kick for kick with Jan, it might not work out as well as it has against some of these smaller fighters who aren't as good of kickers as Jan.

I'd love it if Izzy underestimated Jan. So would Jan!

Jan have some great power, but Izzy is just so hard to hit.

I will bet on him for this one. There are levels in this game. Future double champ.

If Yan plays it smart he sits back and makes Adesanya come to him. They both thrive on counters, but if you're stepping up a division you're expected to take it to the champ.

Wait on the dum dums to bring that line down. Jan has nothing but a puncher's chance.
Why though?

If it were Reyes would you be saying that? The man who couldnt hurt Jan?

The man who nearly beat Jones?

CMon people, Jan is the good bet here, he's got a chin and he's got power.

This is a good fight for Adesanya. I'm not saying he will win, but stylistically. Jan will stand up with him.

According to Sportsbetting.com, Adesanya opened as more than a 2-to-1 favorite to beat Blachowicz when they are expected to clash in 2021.

Jan Blachowicz +210

Israel Adesanya -250

Based on those odds, a bettor would have to place a $250 wager on Adesanya to make $100 back if he was victorious. On the other side, a bettor could place a $100 wager on Blachowicz and make $210 back if he’s able to defend his title.

Of course those odds won’t be anything new for Blachowicz, who has found himself in this same position in the past.

Ahead of his title fight against Dominick Reyes at UFC 253 in September, Blachowicz closed at similar odds with most making him a 2-to-1 underdog going into the event. Blachowicz ultimately dominated Reyes in the fight before earning a second round knockout to claim the vacant title.

Blachowicz will face a similar situation with Adesanya, who has quickly become one of the most talked about fighters on the entire UFC roster.

As of now, there’s no word when the champion vs. champion fight will take place but with the UFC’s scheduled booked through the end of the year, early 2021 appears to be the most likely candidate.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Why do people write odds like that? Is it an American thing?

How about:
- Jan is paying $2.10 (for every dollar, you get $2.10 back)
- Izzy is paying $1.40 (for every dollar, you get $1.40 back)

Izzy odds -250

250x=350
x = 350 / 250
x= 1.40

250 x 1.40 = 350 (just to check)

So if you bet $100 on Izzy you will get back $140, and if you bet $100 on Jan you will get back $210

You get 1.5 times more money betting on Jan (210/140 = 1.5)

If he were to be a 2 to 1 dog the odds would be
x/140=2.0
x = 2(140)
x=280
(Jan would be paying $2.80)

For every dollar you bet on Jan you get $2.80 back

Or , in the retarded american method of writing, for no reason at all +280.

** Unless Izzy was a bigger favourite etc.

This video will show why Blachowicz has nothing really that wll faze adesanya too much unless he gets a lucky punch in. Until he faces a fighter who is gregarious at chaining striking with wrestling adesanya is not going to be seriously threatened.

This video will show why Blachowicz has nothing really that wll faze adesanya too much unless he gets a lucky punch in. Until he faces a fighter who is gregarious at chaining striking with wrestling adesanya is not going to be seriously threatened.

Beating some NZ bums didn't mean much then or now. He's lost to most of the ranked kickboxers he's fought and couldn't hold a title in GLORYd weakest division. That "he can be GOAT in boxing, kickboxing or MMA" by Kenshin still cracks me up

Those odds are pretty wild. Not saying Jan will definitely win, but I’d expect the odds to be much closer to even. Jan doesn’t get the respect he deserves.

Israel went life and death with Gastelum . One mistake and it's lights out ,Easy fight for Jan

Please stop!
People said that before the Whit fight, before the Yoel fight, before the Costa fight.

Yeah, on mistake and it's lights out. But most probably Jan loses by decision.
Stop embarassing yourself (not you particulary, generally speaking) with "wow, he went life and death with gas, jan will kill him"

Thats a bad assessment. Kelvin is so damn fast, maybe faster than Izzy. Not only that but he has far superior striking to Jan [maybe the best boxing at WW], with the ability to wrestle. Jan isnt quick, has basic striking, is far too reliant on being on the backfoot and has meh wrestling. Jan is tailor made for Izzy.

Believe it or not, Izzy got way better after the Gastelum fight and has learnt to actually not fight close range when he doesnt need to, something he was content with when facing Gastelum for some reason. I think he underestimated Kelvin and paid for it...

But please, bet on Jan. I need a better line for Izzy.
People don't realize that the main reason why Kelvin had success was due to his speed. He was fast as a WW, it only makes sense that he'd be fast at MW.

Jan held Jacare against the cage pretty much the whole fight and that wasn't very long ago.
Good point, I'll rebuttal by saying, how easy is it to get easy against the cage?

Beating some NZ bums didn't mean much then or now. He's lost to most of the ranked kickboxers he's fought and couldn't hold a title in GLORYd weakest division. That "he can be GOAT in boxing, kickboxing or MMA" by Kenshin still cracks me up

Even if you were correct in basically calling his kickboxing victories cans, is it reasonable to expect blachowicz to be better at kickboxing than the glory kickboxers fighters adesanya has beaten ? Blachowicz has never fought prokickboxing before and is not known for his takedown and submission skills. It is also hard to imagine his lumbering self able to catch adesanya wth a takedown.

Not surprised.
Him and Paulo are tailor made for Adesanya's style.

Give him a wrestler next please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back