Israel Adesanya opens as heavy favorite over Jan Blachowicz

I don't think Jan was that much slower than Rockhold and Reyes, although those two guys aren't primarily known for their speed either.
Izzy on the other hand moves and evades like a fighter 2 classes below him (plus his counters and strikes, in general, are so precise to the point if Izzy connects, it will pretty much lead to the opponent ending up KOed).

It would be easier for Jan if Izzy was just fast but had pillow hands but nope. He just had to possess Conor's touch of death as well.

Yeah, Izzy is definitely the fastest guy Jan has fought, but he's probably the smallest guy he's fought too, and by a wide margin. I think this will be a good fight.

Yeah, Izzy is definitely the fastest guy Jan has fought, but he's probably the smallest guy he's fought too, and by a wide margin. I think this will be a good fight.
This could be a good fight, or we could end up being shocked again if Izzy ends up treating Jan like he didn't even exist.

Just like what happened to Costa because a lot of people here were probably shook asf when he got his lights turned off the way he did.

This could be a good fight, or we could end up being shocked again if Izzy ends up treating Jan like he didn't even exist.

Just like what happened to Costa because a lot of people here were probably shook asf when he got his lights turned off the way he did.

I don't see that happening. Jan is taller than costa, has like six extra inches in reach on costa, heavier than costa, and far more technical. And most importantly, jan isn't stupid. When Jan gets in trouble striking, he does go for takedowns and he's a high level black belt on the mat. He presents more threats than Costa nearly everywhere.

If this fight looks like Izzy vs costa I'll be shocked.

Last edited:
I like Jan and think this could be a really hard fight for Izzy. It’s definitely his hardest fight to date. With that said Izzy is far more technical. Never bet on someone that only has a punchers chance.

I'm not well versed enough in gambling but when odds come out this early aren't they just meant to entice being.

My uneducated guess is that the odds will move alot more towards the -120\+110ish range.

Wait on the dum dums to bring that line down. Jan has nothing but a puncher's chance.

Considering he’s about a 10x better grappler than Izzy I’d say he’s got far more of a chance . If he doesn’t crack him in the jaw and KO Izzy, he will strangle him.

I don't see that happening. Jan is taller than costa, has like six extra inches in reach on costa, heavier than costa, and far more technical. And most importantly, jan isn't stupid. When Jan gets in trouble striking, he does go for takedowns and he's a high level black belt on the mat. He presents more threats than Costa nearly everywhere.

Not to mention Jan is far far more mature as a fighter mentally. Costa proved to be a mental midget in that fight with Izzy. Jan won’t have nag issues there

Izzy will win if this fight happens. Don’t throw your money away

he s also way more powerful than costa

Sounds about right, Israel is a better striker and Jan rarely grapples.
Jan held Jacare against the cage pretty much the whole fight and that wasn't very long ago.

Thats a bad assessment. Kelvin is so damn fast, maybe faster than Izzy. Not only that but he has far superior striking to Jan [maybe the best boxing at WW], with the ability to wrestle. Jan isnt quick, has basic striking, is far too reliant on being on the backfoot and has meh wrestling. Jan is tailor made for Izzy.

Believe it or not, Izzy got way better after the Gastelum fight and has learnt to actually not fight close range when he doesnt need to, something he was content with when facing Gastelum for some reason. I think he underestimated Kelvin and paid for it...

But please, bet on Jan. I need a better line for Izzy.
Jan is a far better grappler than that amateur Kelvin

Jan held Jacare against the cage pretty much the whole fight and that wasn't very long ago.
It was the other way around but Jan deserved to win because he outstruck him

One of the worst fights I have ever seen

It was the other way around but Jan deserved to win because he outstruck him

One of the worst fights I have ever seen
Yeah I could be wrong. I'd have to re-watch the fight. That said, no chance in hell I'm watching that fight again. First time was enough.

If memory serves Jan is rarely the favorite as of late. Is normal.

Izzy only has a slight reach advantage here, and his opponent has more than enough power to put him out. I understand the speed advantage here for izzy, but he's looked beatable at times with lesser competition especially compared to a well timed puncher like jan.

This seems like a good time to put money down.

In his entire UFC career Jan was only the favorite against Jacare and Reljic. Was even with Corey 1st fight and even Cummins. Even Cannonier was the favorite against him.........

Jan is one of the biggest underdog champs in MMA history TBH

Size wont matter much when its mostly gonna be a standup battle. Jans TDs arent good enough and he doesnt have the speed or jab to close the distance and clinch effectively either

Size wont matter much when its mostly gonna be a standup battle. Jans TDs arent good enough and he doesnt have the speed or jab to close the distance and clinch effectively either

He doesn't need to close much distance. Izzy doesn't have a huge height and reach advantage in this one, and Jan is a very good kicker himself if izzy tries to play that game. Jan's jab is quite good btw. He largely dismantled manuwa with it in their rematch, for instance.

Jan doesn't have the best takedowns, that's true, but he will at least go for them and keep izzy honest, unlike a lot of guys who failed to adapt while getting outstruck by izzy.

Last edited:
The disrespect on Jan ... I hope he'll finish him

He doesn't need to close much distance. Izzy doesn't have a huge height and reach advantage in this one, and Jan is a very good kicker himself if izzy tries to play that game. Jan's jab is quite good btw. He largely dismantled manuwa with it in their rematch, for instance.

Thats a good point but Reyes is the only good counterpuncher hes really fought besides Santos who knocked him. Izzy can counter a jab like Whittakers who is much faster and better at using angles and hiding it. I dont think theres anything technical about Jans game that Izzy hasnt seen before (kicks or punches). Its just his power really

Back